Windows 10: Mic in USB Headset not working in one usb port

Discus and support Mic in USB Headset not working in one usb port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro, And I have a HyperX Cloud Flight Headset, it is wireless with his own usb dongle, I also have a Headset stand with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GerardoTorres5, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Mic in USB Headset not working in one usb port

Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro, And I have a HyperX Cloud Flight Headset, it is wireless with his own usb dongle, I also have a Headset stand with soud card and usb extensions Corsair ST100, I was using my Headset in the usb port from the top, and it was working well. Windows detected the Mic from Headset as Microfono 2- HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless Headset. Suddenly one day the headset mic didn't work anymore, but when i changed the usb dongle to another usb port it worked as usual, windows installed drivers for "the new device" and set the mic name in windows as Microfono 3- HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless Headset, So I thought that I just need to reinstall the drivers forMicrofono 2- HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless Headset and continue using the usb port that i want, but I tryed so may different ways to make it work, but it didn't. I would like to know what is the way to delete Microfono 2- HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless Headset so windows could configure the device in that usb port again and get the mic working again in that usb port.

Note: the mic works in the usb port from the right side in the Corsair ST100 headset stand, so i think that this device is not causing the issue.

Note2: some days or the same day I deleted some unknown files and folders form C:/programData , C:/users/myUser/appdata/local, locallow, roaming and program files.

Note3: In my monitor I changed a setting named Audio Source fromHDMI/DP to USB Codec, but I reverted the change, idk if that could affect my mic, i think it didn't but i want to give the more details posible about what i did before the issue.

:)

GerardoTorres5, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Knocc Out Win User

Headset/mic jacks, soundcard, and USb adapter?

Hello, right now I'm using a Audigy 2 sound card, my speakers connect to it using 1 orange jack going into the digital out port (I think) of the sound card (even though im using analog setting it still works :S), I will soon be buying a headset and am confused as to where I will plug it in, I want to use the headset and mic port at the front of my computer. and I have headset and mic ports on my sound card, but I am worried that as Im using a sound card it will not recognize if I plug it into the front of my PC, also I was wondering how the headsets that come with a USB adapter work, would I be able to get sound if I plug it into my USB at front of the pc?

Knocc Out, Jun 10, 2020
  3. USB headset mic cuts out all of a sudden

My USB Headset has been working fine for quite some time until today when I noticed that the mic all of a sudden stopped working. The headset works fine, the mic just stops working randomly. The solution is to simply replug the headset and all works well.

However, this issue has arisen after I added an RGB lighting gaming keyboard to my setup (laptop to be more specific). My laptop has 3 USB ports. One holds my mouse, one, my cooling pad, which gives an extra port into which I plugged in my keyboard. Then I plugged in my headset into the usual port. The thing is, I ran my setup for the first time like this and the mic issue has happened for the first time as well.

Now keep in mind that all of my equipment has RBG lighting (gaming stuff), and my headset is pretty hefty (7.1 surround sound, vibration, lighting). I think that the mic cut outs could be because of the keyboard drawing significant current from the USB port. But this observation could be incorrect considering the fact that the headphones still work even with the mic cut out.

Any solutions??

YaddyVirus, Jun 10, 2020
  4. JanDufek1 Win User

Mic in USB Headset not working in one usb port

Front USB ports don't work.

Hi, I have a problem with my frontal USB ports and mic and audio port.

I have two USB ports there and only one works, also my audio and mic ports in the front dont work and when they are enabled in my PC settings, the once in back won't work either. Any suggestions what could be the problem?

JanDufek1, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Mic in USB Headset not working in one usb port

1. Mic in USB Headset not working in one usb port - Similar Threads - Mic USB Headset

2. Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub: Hi, I have a few Microsoft LifeChat 3000 headsets.One day the one I was using stopped working in Chrome, but kept working fine in Teams. The following day Windows just didn't recognize that there was a microphone present in any of the headsets. They work perfectly in any...
  3. Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub: Hi, I have a few Microsoft LifeChat 3000 headsets.One day the one I was using stopped working in Chrome, but kept working fine in Teams. The following day Windows just didn't recognize that there was a microphone present in any of the headsets. They work perfectly in any...
  4. Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  6. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  7. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

8. one USB port not work

one USB port not work: HI i have a question,my laptop HP Pavilion dv6700 have 3 USB ports, 2 ports working graet,only one port not working,ivoltage,have the 5.12volts,but the laptop not recogniced,ichec the drivers ,I uninstall all drivers,then restart the PC,all the drivers are OK, the PC work...
  9. USB headset mic not working

USB headset mic not working: I have the Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 headset and up until a couple weeks ago it worked perfectly but suddenly the mic has stopped working. I've tried changed USB ports, I tried removing the mic from the devices I have then reinstalling it, I've made sure that it's the default mic,...
  10. 2 USB ports do not detect my USB headset while one USB port does

2 USB ports do not detect my USB headset while one USB port does: Hello, I have brought HP pavilion power 15 laptop. My msi DS502 headset is not detected by the 2 usb ports while it works perfectly fine in the 3rd one. Moreover, it receives the power from these 2 ports as the LED on the headset turns on when i plug it in these 2 ports. My...