Windows 10: Mic incredibly quiet on Windows 10, works fine on Windows 7...

Discus and support Mic incredibly quiet on Windows 10, works fine on Windows 7... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I record with my microphone while it's plugged into my laptop (which runs Windows 10), the mic picks up very little sound. To ensure that it is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bogroove, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Mic incredibly quiet on Windows 10, works fine on Windows 7...

When I record with my microphone while it's plugged into my laptop (which runs Windows 10), the mic picks up very little sound. To ensure that it is an issue with my laptop and not my equipment, I plugged everything into my computer and tested the mic there. The sound came out loud and clear. I'm confused. I've updated my drivers, checked to make sure the recording volume was set at 100%, made sure my DAWs weren’t interfering, double-checked my phantom power, literally nothing has solved this. I've been googling around to find answers to this and I can find a bunch of Windows 10 users with the same problems but no remedies (ex: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...o/99034469-f612-49b7-854b-e610965ea1ee?page=1)

Before anyone asks: -No, it's not my room, lol. -99% sure it's not my gear since it worked great on my computer, it only makes sense that it would be the software interfering. -I know someone will ask this despite that^ so: RØDE NT1, xlr cable into Behringer U-Phoria UM2, cord into laptop.

Don’t be afraid to ask for additional information if you think it will help solve this!! I really want a solution. Thank u for reading <3

submitted by /u/bogroove
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bogroove, Oct 30, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Mic incredibly quiet on Windows 10, works fine on Windows 7...

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Mic incredibly quiet on Windows 10, works fine on Windows 7...

1. Mic incredibly quiet on Windows 10, works fine on Windows 7... - Similar Threads - Mic incredibly quiet

2. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quiet Mic: My mic is working, just when I record myself, I can barely hear. I've tried everything I can but its not working. can someone please help find another solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quiet-mic/1d6e0992-df14-49c5-b077-2ae1eadfae28
  3. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quiet Mic: My mic is working, just when I record myself, I can barely hear. I've tried everything I can but its not working. can someone please help find another solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quiet-mic/1d6e0992-df14-49c5-b077-2ae1eadfae28
  4. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mic Suddenly Quiet on GOXLR

Mic Suddenly Quiet on GOXLR: Hello,I'm using a GOXLR and it has been working fine for months now, however, all of a sudden in the middle of a discord call my mic got super quiet and very frequently isn't picking up talking. Looking into the routing section of the app reveals that GOXLR is picking up my...
  6. Mic Very Quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Very Quiet: I recently reformatted my computer, and since then I've been having mic issues. It commonly just doesn't connect to whatever voice platform I'm using teams, discord, voip in games. When it does pick up, it's very quiet. I've already turned my mic audio up in control panel,...
  7. Mic Very Quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic Very Quiet: I recently reformatted my computer, and since then I've been having mic issues. It commonly just doesn't connect to whatever voice platform I'm using teams, discord, voip in games. When it does pick up, it's very quiet. I've already turned my mic audio up in control panel,...
  8. Mic Very Quiet

9. Mic barely works / super quiet on Windows 10

Mic barely works / super quiet on Windows 10: Hello,I'm on a Windows 10 desktop, MSI motherboard. I've been trying to connect a mic using the 3.5mm headphone jack both the front one and the rear one to no avail. The microphone is always recognized in device manager, but speaking into it doesn't cause the green bar to go...
  10. Mic very quiet

Mic very quiet: My mic only picks up when I put it right next to my mouth and talk right into it. Is there any way you have a fix for this? I have downloaded the Realtek audio drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-very-quiet/669b0829-a4aa-4b97-9461-f3c82adc07bf