Windows 10: Mic is detected but not working

Discus and support Mic is detected but not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Heloo everyonei ı am having prroblems with my mic. Windows detects mic also the realtek software detects mic but its not working. The problem is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Help Me403, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Mic is detected but not working

Heloo everyonei ı am having prroblems with my mic. Windows detects mic also the realtek software detects mic but its not working. The problem is not with the mic since ı use it with other devices whic works fine.

When ı make sound there is no change in the sound bar as shown in picture. Mic is detected but not working 99b3e839-3e3c-4168-8903-840f432e1c9e?upload=true.png

:)

Help Me403, Apr 17, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Apr 17, 2021
  3. ObitoM Win User
    Microphone detected by windows but mic doesn't work

I'm on Windows 10, using Realtek Audio

Ok here's what I've what's happening and what I've tried-

my headset mic stopped, which uses the 3.5mm jacks on my PC. Audio comes into the headphones fine, but the mic isn't detecting my voice. I figured maybe the mic on my headphones had died; annoying but not a big deal. Waited til my next paycheck and bought
    a nice fancy USB headset. Same issue. I tested both headsets on a different computer- the mics work fine on it, only on my PC does the mic not work. The microphone appears in the Recording Devices menu, but no levels/green bars fluctuate when I speak into
    the mic.

To recap my troubleshooting steps so far-

I've tried two different headsets- one with a pair of 3.5mm jacks, one with USB. Both are detected in Recording Devices, but neither work. Both mics work on other computers and with my phone. Just for clarity, I use them individually- I had one headset, then
    when the issue first popped up I bought another, thinking the mic had died. Audio plays fine, just the mic doesn't work.

The device is enabled in the Sound menu. No levels (the green bar that should rise and fall when it detects sound) are detected in the Recording Devices menu.

My Privacy Options have been checked, my mic is listed as "on" and all apps have access to my mic. I've tried Troubleshoot in the Windows Settings menu under Sound but I get the message "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem."

Tried using the Troubleshoot button in Windows, but no problem is detected.

My headset/microphone appears in my Device Manager.

All drivers are updated, both for my soundcard and for the microphone/headsets themselves.

I've also tried re-installing windows without any change, and I've tried plugging both mics into different ports (I have several USB ports and 2 different sets of 3.5mm ports, neither worked with the mics.I've tried downloading drivers from the manufacturers
    of my mic as well.

I have no clue what else to check. Volume is up, mute is not on, and again- both microphones I've tested work on other devices. The sound from the computer comes in fine, but I cannot get any microphone to work, even though it is detected.

If you need any additional info from me to possibly troubleshoot this issue, feel free to ask and I will deliver. Thanks for any and all support on this! I really, really want to use my mic again!

ObitoM, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Zojim4 Win User

Mic is detected but not working

Front Panel Mic Not been detected

So I am using a gaming headset and a splitter to be able to use the mic of it. the problem is that the front panel jack for the mic doesn't detect the microphone. The rear panel does work and the mic turns on when connected to the back. A weird thing is
    that if I connect the headphone part of the splitter into the microphone jack I can listen as if I connected it to the headphone jack. It detects headphones but no microphone. The rest of the front panel works normally is just the microphone jack.

I have already tried reinstalling realtek, I disable and enable realtek from detecting front panel.

Any suggestions?

My motherboard is gigabyte H110N

Zojim4, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Mic is detected but not working

1. Mic is detected but not working - Similar Threads - Mic detected working

2. Mic is detected but not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic is detected but not working: No audio input device is detected in my computer while using teams. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-detected-but-not-working/d1c5800b-94c9-4313-9916-e3085d952741
  3. Mic is detected but not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic is detected but not working: No audio input device is detected in my computer while using teams. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-detected-but-not-working/d1c5800b-94c9-4313-9916-e3085d952741
  4. Mic is detected but not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Mic not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic not detected: I have an IEM that has a mic and when i plug it in, it doesn't detect the mic. I have checked the recording tab of the sound control panel window and it only seems to detect my device as a headphone. Weirdly, when I use a usb-c to 3.5mm converter it detects the whole thing as...
  6. Mic not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic not detected: I have an IEM that has a mic and when i plug it in, it doesn't detect the mic. I have checked the recording tab of the sound control panel window and it only seems to detect my device as a headphone. Weirdly, when I use a usb-c to 3.5mm converter it detects the whole thing as...
  7. Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work

Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work: I just bought a new headset and I've had problems with my audio jack but somehow fixed it after days of looking. My headset isn't detected at all but the sound goes through while the mic on the headset just doesn't work and neither show up in disabled devices either. What can...
  8. Mic not working/detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic not working/detected: My friend recently built a pc, everything went fine till he plugged in his headset, it wasnt detected, no audio no mic. He then called MSI (motherboard maker) and they said to connect it from the rear, the audio worked but no mic. We tried everything but nothing worked, he...
  9. Bluetooth Headset Mic Detected, But Not Working

Bluetooth Headset Mic Detected, But Not Working: I have a bluetooth headset that works perfectly fine on my phone, but not on my PC. Audio works great, but the mic refuses to work. It shows up in the recording tab, but it doesn't hear anything unless its hard wired to the PC. I've done a lot of googling and cannot find a...
  10. Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working

Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working: My headphone was working well previously but after i plugged in my PS4 controller i think it just override the software or something. I used to be able to listen and talk with this headphone and in the sound playback panel it will be detected as KZ earphone but now it is...