Windows 10: Mic is extremely quiet even with max boost

Discus and support Mic is extremely quiet even with max boost in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; as title says Mic is basically not usable , both front and rear 3.5mm I tried, -uninstalling and installing it again -unplugging them from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by M-Ezz, May 14, 2020.

1. M-Ezz Win User

Mic is extremely quiet even with max boost

as title says
    Mic is basically not usable , both front and rear 3.5mm

I tried,

-uninstalling and installing it again

-unplugging them from the motherboard uninstalling the driver and plugging them again
    -latest driver from the motherboard and realtek websites
    -older driver
    -different headphone does the same

-used those headphones on laptop and phone and both works perfectly normal
    -enhancements on/off

-allow apps to take exclusive control on/off

i pretty much tried everything and gave up

PC:
    Windows 10 x64 v. 18363
    Asrock B450 Steel Legend

Ryzen 5 1600 AF

G.skill 8x2 3200 cl16

ADATA SSD 120gb

Gigabyte GTX 1650 Super windforce oc 4gb

Bitfenix nova tg mesh Case
    Cooler master 600w PSU

:)

M-Ezz, May 14, 2020

2. Mic too quiet at full boost

I have no idea what to do. I am pretty sure all my drivers are up to date (the ones that matter, anyways), and my mic is still fairly quiet. Is there a way to boost my mic volume past 30 db in command prompt or something?

Rix Yarbrough, May 14, 2020
  3. Helmut Win User
    Microphone boost goes up to +10db max?

It is a practical useable limit.
    My mic boost slider goes to +36 dB in 12 dB steps but unusable above +12 dB, with the first slider at max.
    Even with noise cancellation/suppression, and echo reduction, still unusable above about +12 dB.
    It is a Realtek chipset, the drivers are a mix of drivers from 2013 and Windows updates. It works, I don't mess with things that work.

As that is a more modern Laptop it is probably the useable limit, possibly hardware.

I use boost set to +12 dB which means the max in the main first slider is that, so essentially a max limit.
    As a practical test I use the Windows 10 Voice Recorder App. Useful to assess the differing qualities of mics.

Helmut, May 14, 2020
  4. Citrus Win User

Microphone extremely quiet

So for some odd reason, microphone input is really quiet.

I'm using Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming as my board so the microphone is being plugged into that. I've tried putting microphone boost and levels to 100% but the input is still really really quiet, if you're lucky you can hear a whisper if you're shouting down the mic.

I've tested the mic on other devices like my phone and it works fine but for some odd reason my desktop isn't being nice about it.

This is darn annoying and a massive inconvenience.

Things I've tried -
    Uninstalled realtek and re-installed the latest driver
    Set microphone boost and levels to max
    Tested with 'Disable all sound effects' on and off

I'm out of luck at this point and I'm not entirely sure where to go from this. I'd love to get this fixed so some advice/help would be appreciated, thank you.

Citrus, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Mic is extremely quiet even with max boost - Similar Threads - Mic extremely quiet

2. Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost: I got a new pc the other day and new headphones, this issued also persisted with my old pc and old headphones, but I can hear everything just fine, but my microphone never seems to be consistently picking up anything. I've tried things from troubleshooter, to reinstalling...
  3. Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost: I got a new pc the other day and new headphones, this issued also persisted with my old pc and old headphones, but I can hear everything just fine, but my microphone never seems to be consistently picking up anything. I've tried things from troubleshooter, to reinstalling...
  4. Mic Boost Set to 30 dB - Still Super Quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Boost Set to 30 dB - Still Super Quiet: For some reason, both my onboard microphone and external mic on my headphones through the four-pole headset jack are super quiet. I installed Audacity to double-check. While there is sound, only once amplified in Audacity can I hear it. I tried boosting the volume in System...
  5. Microphone is really quiet even when boosted to 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is really quiet even when boosted to 100%: I recently got a new pc and when I tried to set my mic up I noticed I sounded really quite. When I went to boost to I set it all the way up to 100% and even then when I tested it it was still said only 0%-2% of total volume. I've checked and confirmed it's not my microphone...
  6. Microphone is really quiet even when boosted to 100%

Microphone is really quiet even when boosted to 100%: I recently got a new pc and when I tried to set my mic up I noticed I sounded really quite. When I went to boost to I set it all the way up to 100% and even then when I tested it it was still said only 0%-2% of total volume. I've checked and confirmed it's not my microphone...
  7. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low mic volume even with max mic boost: I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help...
  8. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

Low mic volume even with max mic boost: I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help...
  9. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. All mic options are on max, but microphone is still quiet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All mic options are on max, but microphone is still quiet?: Hey reddit, I currently have a Razer Tournament Edition Headset and have all my microphone options set to max, levels are max etc etc. And my microphone is still quiet on Discord. I've set my input volume to max on Discord and still quiet! Any help? submitted by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone extremely quiet even with db boost