Windows 10: Mic is missing on Skype

Discus and support Mic is missing on Skype in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I get a message that the mic isn’t found and “One or more audio service isn’t running". The troubleshooter cannot find a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TammaraCostillo, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Mic is missing on Skype

I get a message that the mic isn’t found and “One or more audio service isn’t running". The troubleshooter cannot find a problem

:)

TammaraCostillo, Oct 11, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Oct 11, 2020
  3. skype mic issue

Hello Larry,

There are lots of factors that we have to consider why you experience this issue. For us to identify and gain a better grasp of your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you only experiencing this issue when using Skype?
    • If yes, are you using an application or are you accessing it in a web form?
    • Have you also tried checking the Skype Status page if there are any issues reported?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Michelle Vil, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Mic is missing on Skype

skype mic issue

as soon as I turn skype on, the mic level starts to approach 100 per cent. Then the skype becomes unusable,,, Everything works fine otherwise.

LarryGreenberg2, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Mic is missing on Skype

1. Mic is missing on Skype - Similar Threads - Mic missing Skype

2. Mic is not working on all the applicationsteams, skype, zoom and blue jeans

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic is not working on all the applicationsteams, skype, zoom and blue jeans: I have dell inspiron 5570 and my in-built mic is not working on any of the application, teams, skype, zoom and blue jeans. Mic is working when i use recorder .I have checked all drivers, windows update and mic settings. reinstalled sound drivers from dell too.everything is...
  3. Mic is not working on all the applicationsteams, skype, zoom and blue jeans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic is not working on all the applicationsteams, skype, zoom and blue jeans: I have dell inspiron 5570 and my in-built mic is not working on any of the application, teams, skype, zoom and blue jeans. Mic is working when i use recorder .I have checked all drivers, windows update and mic settings. reinstalled sound drivers from dell too.everything is...
  4. Cam & Mic Recommendation For Skype/Zoom, Etc

Cam & Mic Recommendation For Skype/Zoom, Etc: Looking for some advice for what I have to get to start using Skpe, Zoom, etc. I don't have any of it at moment. Something with a camera/mike to clip to the top of my Acer Aspire desktop pc M3910 which has USB2 ports. Need to see and hear brother abroad, so just want...
  5. Mic works with Skype and Sound Recording, but not anywhere else

Mic works with Skype and Sound Recording, but not anywhere else: Hi everyone, I'm facing a rather annoying and intriguing issue with my microphone. I'm currently running the latest Win10 build 2004, and I just can't get my mic to work with Google Meet, Xbox Game Bar, or even under Mic Settings! In fact, it only works when I use Skype...
  6. Access to mic is missing in Messenger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access to mic is missing in Messenger: I get a message "Please Allow Microphone Access" in my Messenger app. I tried to adjust it in the settings but can't. I tried to reset the Messenger but it didn’t help...
  7. camera and mic greyed out in Teams but works in zoom and skype

camera and mic greyed out in Teams but works in zoom and skype: hi, My inbuilt camera and mic on a Dell XPS15 cannot be used in teams but can in other programs Skype/Zoom etc This is same issue that others have had and there has been no answer posted. All drivers are up to date....
  8. skype mic issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    skype mic issue: as soon as I turn skype on, the mic level starts to approach 100 per cent. Then the skype becomes unusable,,, Everything works fine otherwise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/skype-mic-issue/c9233cb1-bb97-43ae-8a2b-406bd57e43c4
  9. Skype constantly losing Mic during calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype constantly losing Mic during calls: Hello, I've been having an issue with Skype and Windows 10 Pro. If I use Skype while on my desktop, and open a program like Chrome or even my volume setting s manager, Skype loses my mic and the person on the other side of my call can no longer hear me. All of my drivers...
  10. built-in mic stopped working for Skype (works for Audacity)

built-in mic stopped working for Skype (works for Audacity): I had to re-install many apps and now found that while Audacity works fine with both headset and internal speakers and built-in mic, and Skype works with headset .... but the built-in mic no longer works with Skype 90600