Windows 10: mic is only picking up pc audio

Discus and support mic is only picking up pc audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my headset mic is not working at all and i can only hear pc audio coming from the mic for example i put listen to device mic and i played a video and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jasondodd6, Feb 3, 2021.

1. mic is only picking up pc audio

my headset mic is not working at all and i can only hear pc audio coming from the mic

for example i put listen to device mic and i played a video and i heard the video coming out of my mic

can someone help pls

sorry if i didnt explain it well

:)

jasondodd6, Feb 3, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 3, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Feb 3, 2021
  4. bigbadee Win User

mic is only picking up pc audio

My internal laptop mic cannot picking up any sound

Laptop: Asus K450JN
    Windows: 10 Pro

My internal laptop mic cannot picking up any sound, no green bars raising

I tried to install the latest driver (6.0.1.8010) and nothing happen, All disconnected and disabled recording devices are checked it is the default mic, and I uninstalled the driver, restarted my pc, and had the driver re-installed. No green bars, nothing moving

mic is only picking up pc audio [​IMG]

bigbadee, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

mic is only picking up pc audio

1. mic is only picking up pc audio - Similar Threads - mic picking audio

2. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  3. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  4. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Desktop audio picking up on my mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop audio picking up on my mic: I recently got a new laptop but I've come across an issue where my desktop audio is being picked up from my headphone mic. I've tried doing reinstalling drivers, updating drivers, updating windows, different headsets but nothing. The issue is non-existant on my laptop mic....
  6. Mic picking up very little audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic picking up very little audio: A few days ago while I was recording a video, I found out that the audio was way too low, so I tweaked some settings but nothing worked. Then I opened windows sound setting and the little mic bar thing was barely getting any audio, I reinstalled the drivers, checked the...
  7. Mic picking up very little audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic picking up very little audio: A few days ago while I was recording a video, I found out that the audio was way too low, so I tweaked some settings but nothing worked. Then I opened windows sound setting and the little mic bar thing was barely getting any audio, I reinstalled the drivers, checked the...
  8. Headphones and earphones' mic picking up pc audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones and earphones' mic picking up pc audio: So recently i have noticed that my mic is picking up all audio from the pc. From game audio to voice calls on discord per se. I have been told that the issue was that my mic was set to stereo mix but i changed that and nothing changed. Any help would be appreciated!...
  9. Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio: I bought the CM MH751 headset and plugged it in as normal using the cable splitter so that the headset and mic are in their correct jacks. The audio to the headset is working correct and the mic is detected but it will not take audio input. I have done troubleshooting for...
  10. Headset Mic not picking up on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Mic not picking up on pc: I have an hp all-in-one desktop pc. My pc only picks up the built in microphone and not the microphone from my headset. The pc has one 3.5mm port and the picture that is above it is of a mic/headset combo. However, when I plug in my headset the pc only recognizes the already...