Windows 10: Mic is Suddenly Muffled

Discus and support Mic is Suddenly Muffled in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi reddit! I have this mic for about 5 months and it has been working perfectly with a clear and crisp voice. That was up until 2 days ago where the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NiceStraightMan, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Mic is Suddenly Muffled

Hi reddit! I have this mic for about 5 months and it has been working perfectly with a clear and crisp voice. That was up until 2 days ago where the mic suddenly became muffled. The night before I had not done anything to it and I went to sleep only for it to appear muffled in the afternoon. I have tried searching through the mic properties and updating any drivers. When I did a mic test it said that noise suppression was on, when I consulted my friend about this he said to go find the enhancements tab. However, I still have yet to find it. If anyone has any tips or solution please offer them up. It is getting very annoying. Thank you.

submitted by /u/NiceStraightMan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NiceStraightMan, Nov 26, 2020

2. my mic is muffled UGH

Ok so I been playing on my PC right,running on windows 8.1 for certain reasons,and anyway my mic is VERY VERY muffled...and I mean it sonds as if im at the bottom of the mariana trench,i have it all the way up and boosted to 30,also I am using 1 pair of
    headphones as actual headphones and then using a gaming headset with a built in mic as my mic,if anyone has anyway to boost my sound more or make it so im not muffled and can actually play some SCP and talk,i would be very thankful

Almighty421Sosa, Nov 26, 2020
  3. N93 mic sounds muffled

When I record sound on my N93 the result sounds "muffled." You can hear the effect on the videos here:

http://www.alpha.bambuser.com/channel/johnleeke/video/4333?page=

and here:

http://www.alpha.bambuser.com/channel/johnleeke/video/3664?page=

Is this the standard sound of the N93, or is there something wrong here.

I thought the mic might be blocked, and found two holes that must be the mics, one with an "L" the other with an "R" beside it. The holes seem to be clean with no blockage.

Perhaps the mic or electronics are not picking up the higher frequencies, giving a low muffled sound.

Please advise on how to get a "bright" higher quality sound out of my N93.

Thanks for your help.

John

johnleeke---01, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Mic is Suddenly Muffled

Suddenly my system won't use a mic

One important step, try your mic with a different computer.

Papahyooie, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Mic is Suddenly Muffled

1. Mic is Suddenly Muffled - Similar Threads - Mic Suddenly Muffled

2. My mic in my laptop sounds like muffled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mic in my laptop sounds like muffled: I need help with my mic quality. I have acer aspire 3 a315-59 and my mic is maono. I tried to connect my mic to my laptop but the quality of my mic is not that clear as the mic is. I tried to download the Realktek high audio, the quality of my mic change to clear but...
  3. My mic in my laptop sounds like muffled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mic in my laptop sounds like muffled: I need help with my mic quality. I have acer aspire 3 a315-59 and my mic is maono. I tried to connect my mic to my laptop but the quality of my mic is not that clear as the mic is. I tried to download the Realktek high audio, the quality of my mic change to clear but...
  4. My Audio Playback is Muffled by My Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Audio Playback is Muffled by My Mic: I've been experiencing this issue with my new laptop set in Windows 11. My audio playback would muffle whenever the microphone is in use. I couldn't really use my mic when playing games or being in a Discord call when I don't have headphones cause it risks the quality of any...
  5. My Audio Playback is Muffled by My Mic

My Audio Playback is Muffled by My Mic: I've been experiencing this issue with my new laptop set in Windows 11. My audio playback would muffle whenever the microphone is in use. I couldn't really use my mic when playing games or being in a Discord call when I don't have headphones cause it risks the quality of any...
  6. Mic Suddenly Quiet on GOXLR

Mic Suddenly Quiet on GOXLR: Hello,I'm using a GOXLR and it has been working fine for months now, however, all of a sudden in the middle of a discord call my mic got super quiet and very frequently isn't picking up talking. Looking into the routing section of the app reveals that GOXLR is picking up my...
  7. Restarting computer causes USB mic to become muffled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarting computer causes USB mic to become muffled: I recently got a new laptop. It's a refurbished laptop from dell. I am using a USB microphone that worked absolutely fine with my last laptop.With the new laptop the mic is muffled and sounds worse then the average headset mic. The only way I have found to fix the issue is to...
  8. Restarting computer causes USB mic to become muffled

Restarting computer causes USB mic to become muffled: I recently got a new laptop. It's a refurbished laptop from dell. I am using a USB microphone that worked absolutely fine with my last laptop.With the new laptop the mic is muffled and sounds worse then the average headset mic. The only way I have found to fix the issue is to...
  9. Uninstalled things and now mic EXTREMELY muffled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled things and now mic EXTREMELY muffled: Hi, I was uninstalling asus apps from my computer I assumed were ok to uninstall, however after I joined a call with my friends and my mic was muffled, hardly picking up sound. It sounded like I was in another room. I don't know what I may have uninstalled or what to do. Any...
  10. Uninstalled things and now mic EXTREMELY muffled

Uninstalled things and now mic EXTREMELY muffled: Hi, I was uninstalling asus apps from my computer I assumed were ok to uninstall, however after I joined a call with my friends and my mic was muffled, hardly picking up sound. It sounded like I was in another room. I don't know what I may have uninstalled or what to do. Any...