Windows 10: Mic issues, not picking up any sound

Discus and support Mic issues, not picking up any sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having mic problems all today, my mic has not been picking up any sounds. I have tried other headsets but it doesn't seem to make a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SlabofRawMeat, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Mic issues, not picking up any sound

I have been having mic problems all today, my mic has not been picking up any sounds. I have tried other headsets but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I have tried the, setting>privacy>microphone thing and it still doesn't work. Is there any solutions?

:)

SlabofRawMeat, Jul 21, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Mic not picking up sound!!!

Hi, i'm using windows ten and my usb mic is not picking up sound Mic issues, not picking up any sound :(. The computer is picking up the mic itself but not any sound from the mic. I see the mic in my recording devices but the sound bar on the side is not showing activity when I speak into the
    mic. In sound device properties, in events it says: Device USB\VID_0D8C&PID_0139&MI_00\6&3077f717&0&0000 requires further installation.

So that might be part of the problem. Anyone know how to fix this?

#WilliamBates, Jul 21, 2021
  4. bigbadee Win User

Mic issues, not picking up any sound

My internal laptop mic cannot picking up any sound

Laptop: Asus K450JN
    Windows: 10 Pro

My internal laptop mic cannot picking up any sound, no green bars raising

I tried to install the latest driver (6.0.1.8010) and nothing happen, All disconnected and disabled recording devices are checked it is the default mic, and I uninstalled the driver, restarted my pc, and had the driver re-installed. No green bars, nothing moving

Mic issues, not picking up any sound [​IMG]

bigbadee, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Mic issues, not picking up any sound

1. Mic issues, not picking up any sound - Similar Threads - Mic issues picking

2. Mic picking up desktop sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic picking up desktop sounds: Recently after the windows 11 update, my mic has been picking up my desktop sound. My YouTube, zoom Spotify could be heard. I have already updated my Realtek drivers. I also have made sure the "listen to this device" is not checked. I have a Cloud Stinger Core headset. If you...
  3. Mic picking up desktop sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic picking up desktop sounds: Recently after the windows 11 update, my mic has been picking up my desktop sound. My YouTube, zoom Spotify could be heard. I have already updated my Realtek drivers. I also have made sure the "listen to this device" is not checked. I have a Cloud Stinger Core headset. If you...
  4. Windows is detecting my mic but not picking up any sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is detecting my mic but not picking up any sound: Windows is detecting my microphone but it isn't picking up any sound, I can confirm that my mic works, I have tested it on 2 other devices and it works flawlessly. Please help me, this issue is making me want to throw my computer off of a bridge submitted by...
  5. Mic is not picking any sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic is not picking any sound.: Hello everyone. I've been using a set of handsfree for at least 1 year and for the last month, I think around December, my microphone stopped working. No reason at all, one day it just stopped working. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device, I've tried...
  6. my mic isnt picking up any sound?

my mic isnt picking up any sound?: i just got this new pc and before this head set along with this external mic worked and now it just doesn't pick up any sound? i went into devices, the mic is plugged in and should be working. idk what to do, help? submitted by /u/keliodas17 [link] [comments]...
  7. Sound system and mic system not picking up.

Sound system and mic system not picking up.: It all started when I got my new computer and connected my headphones and for some reason my mic didn't work. So hours after trying to figure this out I restart it and what do you know the audio didn't work either. All help would be supportive, thanks! submitted by...
  8. Mic isn't picking up sound

Mic isn't picking up sound: Hello, I've recently received an Alienware computer, at first I had a problem with it not finding my headset microphone. After troubleshooting and help I got it to find my microphone on the headset. However, it is not picking up any sound at all....
  9. mic wont pick up sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mic wont pick up sound: ok so I just updated my windows 10 and now my mic wont pick up any sound what so ever. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-wont-pick-up-sound/db52c409-4273-4e22-abe6-53c8a3bc4c75
  10. My internal laptop mic cannot picking up any sound

My internal laptop mic cannot picking up any sound: Laptop: Asus K450JN Windows: 10 Pro My internal laptop mic cannot picking up any sound, no green bars raising I tried to install the latest driver (6.0.1.8010) and nothing happen, All disconnected and disabled recording devices are checked it is the default mic, and I...