Windows 10: Mic keeps going higher.

Discus and support Mic keeps going higher. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have this problem where every time i optimize my mic by lowering the mic volume and higher the Microphone boost. Every so often I come to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JordanQP, Sep 28, 2020.

1. JordanQP Win User

Mic keeps going higher.

Hello, I have this problem where every time i optimize my mic by lowering the mic volume and higher the Microphone boost. Every so often I come to check it I find it higher, I have my mic on 37, i come back and its 47 or even 88 which makes alot of noise, I watched alot of tutorials on how to stop it from happening by unchecking the option "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" I did it, but still doesnt work, Its quite frusterating, as a gamer, I care ALOT about the mic quality.

:)

JordanQP, Sep 28, 2020

2. Mic keeps Automatically Adjusting on Windows 10

I've done these multiple times. The apply button never unlocks itself so I can apply after I adjust my mic settings. My mic keeps muting itself. Please help me.

Pizza Steve, Sep 28, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Mic keeps going higher.

Mic keeps Automatically Adjusting on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Does the issue persist only with Skype?

Method 1: Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.

• Select the Recording tab.

• Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.

• Select the Levels tab.
    Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
    Apply.

Method 2:Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers

• Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
      This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed.
      You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Mic keeps going higher.

1. Mic keeps going higher. - Similar Threads - Mic keeps going

2. Display wont let me go higher than 1920

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display wont let me go higher than 1920: I just upgraded my monitor to the nitro ED270U and it looks really grainy. My active signal is 2560x1440 but in the display settings it only lets me go up to 1920x1080 how do I get it to go 2560x1440...
  3. Display wont let me go higher than 1920

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display wont let me go higher than 1920: I just upgraded my monitor to the nitro ED270U and it looks really grainy. My active signal is 2560x1440 but in the display settings it only lets me go up to 1920x1080 how do I get it to go 2560x1440...
  4. PC audio is going through mic input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC audio is going through mic input: When I am on a voice chat with someone, they can hear themselves. Whenever I play sound through my Windows 11 PC, they are able to hear it. This makes VC's really tough. I don't know what the issue is, whether it is with my mic or with my pc. It worked up until recently. I...
  5. mic volume automatically going up or down.

in Windows 10 Customization
    mic volume automatically going up or down.: whenever i start a game, such as CSGO, or anything else, my mic volume goes up. and i have to turn it down by going to microphone properties. how can i fix this?...
  6. Mic keeps auto adjusting and makes it higher.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic keeps auto adjusting and makes it higher.: Hello, I have this problem where every time i optimize my mic by lowering the mic volume and higher the Microphone boost. Every so often I come to check it I find it higher, I have my mic on 37, i come back and its 47 or even 88 which makes alot of noise, I watched alot of...
  7. Mic levels going down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic levels going down: [ATTACH] I got a INSIGNIA NS-PAUM50 mic for reference. My mic levels always go down if I talk in it. Usually it just decreases over a span of an hour while I'm gaming (talking loudly into mic, adjusting for volume I guess). It's kind of annoying having to exit my game...
  8. keeps going to go.normandoh.com

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    keeps going to go.normandoh.com: click on Microsoft edge keeps going to go.normandoh.com instead of Microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keeps-going-to-gonormandohcom/04f1e930-a85c-4a4c-9352-c56db44c8fb0
  9. Download keeps on going

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download keeps on going: So, i bought forza horizon 4, the download size was 64.16GB but when it reached 64.16GB it just kept on going , it reached 70Gb, without installing, i tried everything, and at the end i refunded the game, please tell if this error has been fixed so i can try again, the bad...
  10. keeps downloading higher and higher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keeps downloading higher and higher: Hello, I have purchased the game Forza Horizon 3 about a week ago and it does not finish downloading. every time it gets close to finishing, it adds an extra 30-50GB's worth of download onto the game. Example: The game has downloaded 0GB's out of 60GB. I leave it to...