Windows 10: Mic levels going down

Discus and support Mic levels going down in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I got a INSIGNIA NS-PAUM50 mic for reference. My mic levels always go down if I talk in it. Usually it just decreases over a span of an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ov3rpoweredOG, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Mic levels going down

Mic levels going down Jq09xyFwZcwIBBmZUlFkLRRn0i4iZpfp9e6FobpW5ho.jpg

I got a INSIGNIA NS-PAUM50 mic for reference. My mic levels always go down if I talk in it. Usually it just decreases over a span of an hour while I'm gaming (talking loudly into mic, adjusting for volume I guess). It's kind of annoying having to exit my game every 10 or so minutes to manually change it to an acceptable level. Any tips on how to just make it stay locked on 100?

https://preview.redd.it/b8lxd9qj84y...bp&s=e5b88c4cb43715b3976672bc7e70934861327dde

https://preview.redd.it/ujrngoeh84y...bp&s=76bef5d6b64089ca3886d5b219bf08bc2b2950bf

submitted by /u/Ov3rpoweredOG
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ov3rpoweredOG, Nov 11, 2019

2. Mic sound levels raises automatically

Since a couple of days my microphones sound levels keep resetting by itself to 100 every time I open a application that uses the mic, like skype for example.

What I mean by levels: the option you find when you go to recording devices and double click the mic on the list, then go to tab levels.

Just to be sure I did a complete reset of my pc, fresh clean install.

I have a samson meteor usb mic.

I have windows 10 with all the latest updates installed.

BeyondTheTruth, Nov 11, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Nov 11, 2019
  4. RonBowTE Win User

Mic levels going down

Mic record level

As far as know Skype is the only program I am using that uses the mic input so that's where the problem shows up. I have uninstalled Skype and monitored the mic input level. It doesn't matter where I leave the mic input level, after a few seconds it goes
    to zero and mutes. I have wondered if that might be normal as I don't think one would necessarily want the mic to be " hot " all the time, but I don't know........ Uninstalling and reinstalling Skype as made no change.

Thank you so much for your interest in this most perplexing issue.

Ron

RonBowTE, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Mic levels going down

1. Mic levels going down - Similar Threads - Mic levels going

2. Windows 11 battery level go down fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 battery level go down fast: Hi there i am currently using windows 10 on a dell inspiron 14 5406 2in1 laptop i noticed something strange and occurring on the battery when i was working with the latest update of windows 11; -Windows 11 is a great system and i loved it but i tested the discharge cycle of...
  3. Windows 11 battery level go down fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 battery level go down fast: Hi there i am currently using windows 10 on a dell inspiron 14 5406 2in1 laptop i noticed something strange and occurring on the battery when i was working with the latest update of windows 11; -Windows 11 is a great system and i loved it but i tested the discharge cycle of...
  4. Volume going up and down by 1 level rapdily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume going up and down by 1 level rapdily: HiThe volume control panel won’t go away because the volume is stuck going back and forth one level eg. 100 and 98, 0 and 2, etc. I tried restarting the pc, disabling the sound driver and even reinstalling it but it didn’t do anything. I can drag the volume using my mouse to...
  5. Volume going up and down by 1 level rapdily

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume going up and down by 1 level rapdily: HiThe volume control panel won’t go away because the volume is stuck going back and forth one level eg. 100 and 98, 0 and 2, etc. I tried restarting the pc, disabling the sound driver and even reinstalling it but it didn’t do anything. I can drag the volume using my mouse to...
  6. Volume going up and down by 1 level rapdily

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Mic level is too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic level is too low: Hi all. I got a generic (amazon) camera that has a mic built in. The video part is running fine but the mic level (sound on the other side) is not. The generic driver is up to date. The control panel | sound | recording |Microphone | Properties | level is set at 100% I...
  8. mic volume automatically going up or down.

in Windows 10 Customization
    mic volume automatically going up or down.: whenever i start a game, such as CSGO, or anything else, my mic volume goes up. and i have to turn it down by going to microphone properties. how can i fix this?...
  9. Cannot adjust mic sound level in levels tab under properties

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot adjust mic sound level in levels tab under properties: I cannot adjust the volume of my mic. I have the hyperx Cloud 2 headsets for my PC and got them new a few days ago. So i go to control panel, recording tab, right click on my headset and go to properties. On the levels tab i cannot adjust this and its stuck at 0.0dB. Id...
  10. Missing Mic Level in Speaker Playback Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing Mic Level in Speaker Playback Settings: Hi, I am on the latest update of Windows 10. I want to have the mic output directly to the computers speaker without any delay. AFAIK, the best way is to unmute the mic level by going to: playback > speaker properties > levels > unmute mic input However, the mic level is...