Windows 10: Mic listen to this device stuck on.

Discus and support Mic listen to this device stuck on. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason, today windows decided to constantly have the listen to my own microphone stuck active whenever start a program that uses it or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shawn00129, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Mic listen to this device stuck on.

For some reason, today windows decided to constantly have the listen to my own microphone stuck active whenever start a program that uses it or the windows sound control panel.

Listen to this device is un-checked under the microphone properties yet i still hear myself.

Nothing I've found has yielded any successful results.

:)

Shawn00129, Jun 7, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Mic Input Playing - While Listen To Device is disabled

Hi Grimston,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled
      Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

d) Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

e) Click Apply and OK.
    I recommend you to run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the instruction.
    Please try to un-install and install sound driver and check if it helps

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then double-tap or double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, tap or click
      Uninstall,
    Download the latest driver from manufacturer’s website and install

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Mic listen to this device stuck on.

Earbuds with mic not working in windows 10, please help.

So I'm trying to get my earbuds with mic to work on my computer so I can listen with ears and talk with mic at the same time. I have a port on my pc that has a mic icon and a earphone icon together. I thought if I connected it to that it would work but it does not. A pop up comes with of Realtek audio manager and asks me what I connected. It says "what device did you plug in" and has a list saying 'line in', 'Mic in', 'Headphone'. when I say pick mic it uses my listening buds as a mic and when I pick headphone it just functions as a normal headphone. What I want to do is use it as a headset to listen and talk. Help please and thank you.

leafknight005, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Mic listen to this device stuck on.

1. Mic listen to this device stuck on. - Similar Threads - Mic listen device

2. Listen to this device doesnt work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Listen to this device doesnt work: Whenever I use listen to this device, no sound plays, I have tried terminating and restarting windows audio both through services and through the console, does anyone know a way to fix this?...
  3. Listen to this device doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Listen to this device doesnt work: Whenever I use listen to this device, no sound plays, I have tried terminating and restarting windows audio both through services and through the console, does anyone know a way to fix this?...
  4. Mic not picking up sound, but works fine when I select "Listen to this device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic not picking up sound, but works fine when I select "Listen to this device": My microphone seems to only work when I select "Listen to this device".It won't detect any noice unles I blow into the microphone or tap on it, but when I select "Listen to this device" in the microphone properties it works perfectly fine.When I select the microphone in a...
  5. Is there a way to "listen" to a mic on 2 playback devices at once (without voicemeeter)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to "listen" to a mic on 2 playback devices at once (without voicemeeter)?: I'm trying to stream my switch and I use OBS Camera and a line-in for audio, and I route the audio through virtual audio cable along with my talking microphone. If I listen to VAC output, then not only can I also hear my headset microphone which I don't want, but there is...
  6. Listen to multiple audio devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Listen to multiple audio devices: I have two virtual audio cables to use to play music down a mic. I need help finding a setup where my mic is mixed in with the final output but i cant hear it and my music plays down the output but also my headphones. Any suggestions? im using vb audio if that helps...
  7. "listen to this device"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "listen to this device": I've been using a soundboard for a couple of days along with VB Audio Cable to play silly sound clips through game chat while I'm streaming. Today the feature "listen to this device" won't work, as you have the Virtual audio cable "listen" to the output of whatever you want...
  8. Jack Mic Properties - Listen to this device

Jack Mic Properties - Listen to this device: Hi, I was trying out the feature "listen to this device" under the listen table for Jack Mic Properties. I noticed that if it is checked, people can't heard me during online skype meeting most of the time. They will comment that my voice is breaking or can't hear me or...
  9. listening to my mic through playback settings

listening to my mic through playback settings: so the main objective is to listen to my microphone without a delay, when i do it through the mic settings - there is a lag - and when i try under the playback - the option is just not there. what do i do?...
  10. Shortcut to change listening device

Shortcut to change listening device: On my System I use an Virtual audio cable as my default audio device so I select my actual output device as the listening device of the input of the VAC. I do this because some programs and games I use can't switch the audio device once it has started, therfore the VAC is...