Windows 10: Mic microphone working in Admin but not in User profile

Discus and support Mic microphone working in Admin but not in User profile in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After windows update, pop came in Admin profile to setup microphone privacy, enabled and also for relevant apps, went to user profile not working. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dennis KPMG, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Mic microphone working in Admin but not in User profile

After windows update, pop came in Admin profile to setup microphone privacy, enabled and also for relevant apps, went to user profile not working. Then went to Privacy > Microphone in user profile Settings App and need to activate there as well, then started working in all desktop apps.

:)

Dennis KPMG, Apr 22, 2020

2. my head phone mic is not working in window 10

Hello Jaxon,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that your headphone mic is not working in Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query.

This issue might be occurring because the microphone might not be set as a default device or there might be any error in settings also. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Recording Audio troubleshooter

The built-in recording audio troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with headphone or microphone. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any
    issue with the microphone. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
              view all option on the left pane

• Click on Recoding Audio troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Recording Audio troubleshooter do not fix the
    issue then I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps to set the microphone as a default device:

• Right click on the “Sound icon” on the bottom right of the desktop screen

• Click on “Sounds”, click on “Recording

• Right click on “Microphone” and then click on “Set as default device

• Click on “Apply” and then “OK

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Microphone not working Windows 10

Hi Perry,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If a mic connected to this computer isn’t working properly then it’s likely a settings problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right part of the screen.

• Click on ‘Recording Devices‘.

• A list of recording devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and see if there any
      green bars rising next to one of them while you talk.

• If you don’t see any green bars skip to step 5.

• Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your
      microphone. If you found it, click on it to highlight it, and then click
      Set Default.

• Check again if you see green bars rising when you talk into the microphone. If you do your mic is now correctly setup. If not, continue to next step.

• Double-click on the device that represents your microphone. The
      Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the Levels tab.

• In the levels tab, drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number on the right says “100“.

• Click OK and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 22, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Mic microphone working in Admin but not in User profile

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Mic microphone working in Admin but not in User profile

1. Mic microphone working in Admin but not in User profile - Similar Threads - Mic microphone working

2. Mic or Microphone not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Mic or Microphone not working on Windows 10: If the sound of your device is too low or the Microphone is not working in Windows 10, refer to the steps given in the post to troubleshoot the issue. The problem can occur due to improper functioning of some peripherals or can result from unknown privacy changes. Microphone...
  3. Netspeedmonitor works for admin, not for user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Netspeedmonitor works for admin, not for user: Netspeedmonitor puts a simple U/D speed display on the taskbar. It has worked for years on Win 10 and Linux. I run Win 10 version 20H2 build 19042.844 on an HP desktop with 4 GB memory and an amd64 dual core running at 2 GHz The app version is...
  4. Netspeedmonitor works for admin, not for user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netspeedmonitor works for admin, not for user: Netspeedmonitor puts a simple U/D speed display on the taskbar. It has worked for years on Win 10 and Linux. I run Win 10 version 20H2 build 19042.844 on an HP desktop with 4 GB memory and an amd64 dual core running at 2 GHz The app version is...
  5. one user account with two Admin profiles

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    one user account with two Admin profiles: Hi guys, I have problems with my Win 10 profile: I have one account same login associated to 2 Admin account - one with full control and the other with modify access. The problem is that I need to be able to switch to the one with full control as I can't modify many folders...
  6. User Profile Cannot Find a Network Printer that is Active on an Admin Profile

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    User Profile Cannot Find a Network Printer that is Active on an Admin Profile: I have a windows 10 Home 64-bit machine with an admin account that I use, and a user account that my son uses. The windows 10 pc is connected to a local network via ethernet, to a second PC running windows 8.1. An HP Officejet 5600 series printer is connected physically to...
  7. password for admin user not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    password for admin user not working: I cannot sign-in to my administrative user account. my password does not work. help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-for-admin-user-not-working/d189dfbd-33cc-4f5c-9be7-a74baa2c84e6
  8. Microphone not working on user profile - working on another

Microphone not working on user profile - working on another: I have an issue of microphone not working on certain user profile but working on another one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working-on-user-profile-working-on/64545030-1a5f-4a5d-861f-aa978e21f798
  9. Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter

Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter: Hi guys, I just spent about $10 getting a replacement cable for my headphones that has a mic built in. It's a 3.5mm headset cable has both mic and headphone audio that I've connected to a Y-splitter that goes to a mic cable and a headphone cable. These definitely work as...
  10. Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup.: I'd like a choice where I can backup file history for both Admin and user. But they recognize different drives for that purpose. Shouldn't they recognize all of them? Both accounts? Here's a screenshot of what I have attached. This seems strange. [img] 151130