Windows 10: Mic muted by the system

Discus and support Mic muted by the system in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been having issues with my mic. When I go to unmute, it will say "Mic muted by your systems settings". I have have tried many things, included... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KPeterson2, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Mic muted by the system

I have been having issues with my mic. When I go to unmute, it will say "Mic muted by your systems settings". I have have tried many things, included allowing mic, resetting bits of my system. And suport, which led me here after that system could not fix it either. Please help.

:)

KPeterson2, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Deneasha Win User
    Windows 10 Muting Mic

Ever since the update 3 weeks ago for some odd reason windows 10 keeps muting my mic... I have followed steps to fix the problem.. I also took it in to have drivers updated etc have a tune up and they couldnt get it to stop muting... Need help

Deneasha, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Mic muted by the system

Mic muting

Hi Andrew,

We understand that you are having problem with your mic. However, we would like to know more about your concern.

1. Have you tried using your mic to a different PC?

2. Have you made any changes prior to this issue?

We suggest that you check the answer of Deepika Gowda in this
    article.

We will be waiting for your response.

Karina Aris, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Mic muted by the system

1. Mic muted by the system - Similar Threads - Mic muted system

2. Muting Mic and Free Oline Calls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muting Mic and Free Oline Calls: How can I easily and quickly show a microphone icon on the Taskbar / System Tray in Win 10 and how can I mute it from there?Can I make free phone calls online using Zoom?Thanks...
  3. Muting Mic and Free Oline Calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Muting Mic and Free Oline Calls: How can I easily and quickly show a microphone icon on the Taskbar / System Tray in Win 10 and how can I mute it from there?Can I make free phone calls online using Zoom?Thanks...
  4. Keyboard mute mic button not unmuting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard mute mic button not unmuting: So I have a laptop and have had the same one for a while but just today for some reason the mute mic button next to the sound up button hasn't been working right. if it is working right, the light on the button is on if the mic is muted and off if the mic is on, but when I...
  5. Mic is self muting

Mic is self muting: Hello, my microphone is self muting in control panel after a some time of inactivity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-self-muting/10358e04-1681-413e-962a-308122d828f8
  6. Xbox app auto muting mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app auto muting mic.: So I recently built a pc, and the Xbox app wasn’t working with my mic. I have a headset, and a separate mic, all plugged into corresponding spots. When I go to create a party for Xbox gaming on my pc, it mutes my mic before I can say anything…...
  7. My Mic won’t mute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Mic won’t mute: My headset has a button on the side that I have been using to mute myself during discord calls and such but for the past two days it hasn’t been working. I tried a different headset to see if there was a problem with the headset but I am still having the same issues how can I...
  8. Mic becoming mute

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic becoming mute: In Zoom meeting, my Mic becomes mute while one of attendees is speaking. I am using Logitech C922 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-becoming-mute/2c3ba621-7a7f-415c-b440-38688a0932e3
  9. Logitech G533 mic not working HELP!!! (Mic is not muted)

Logitech G533 mic not working HELP!!! (Mic is not muted): My Logitech G533 mic is not working I've had it for at least 6 months and it hasn't had this problem ever. Please help! (On Windows 10) 157570
  10. Windows Mutes Mic

Windows Mutes Mic: I FIXED it!! It is in Windows 10 speech recognition settings. It needs to be set to your audio device. Mine is an Asus Xonar. Path. Control Panel\Ease of Access\Speech Recognition. At the bottom is Advanced. Than you will see Audio Input Devices. Use this. Select. Done....