Windows 10: mic not picking up my voice

Discus and support mic not picking up my voice in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I am using a Steelseries Arctis 3 headset and it has been great. However, today the mic just stopped picking up my voice and all that can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by codey7rack, Dec 6, 2022.

1. mic not picking up my voice

Hello,I am using a Steelseries Arctis 3 headset and it has been great. However, today the mic just stopped picking up my voice and all that can be heard is a harsh static sound. I was in a discord call last night before I went to sleep and everything was fine. In case it is important;I have an Intel 10700 CPU Windows 10 ProGeForce RTX 2070 SuperI have tried everything from uninstalling the sound driver and microphone driver to trying to find different drivers to install in order to fix this issue. I am almost certain it is not a hardware issue as the audio jack has gone untouched since I last

:)

codey7rack, Dec 6, 2022

2. Mic not picking up voice

Hi when i try to use my mic on my computer it doesn’t pick up my voice and usually just echos Whatever is playing on my computer of i test it on discord i have tried many things like a new headset but even then nothing changes even looking into the realtek
    audio manager

SaltyBunny1853, Dec 6, 2022
  3. mic not picking up my voice

oh boy

ok so im on windows 10 and im having issues with my microphone now. so my built-in laptop mic is not working atm. every time i try to record my voice, all i hear is static or light
    faint taps. it isnt picking up my voice but its picking up output audio. i tried updating the drives, tried setting up a mic, but when testing it, it wont pick up anything. and went to audio drives (see below):

mic not picking up my voice 852d5853-4ccb-419e-a7dc-54c0a15507fc?upload=true.png

but nothing is working at all. i checked if the device was disabled but its not. i havent had this problom before btw.

if ANYONE can help me its appreciated!!

cheers in advance!

XxSuperJAZZxX, Dec 6, 2022
  4. mic not picking up my voice

Mic will pick up my voice but not music

A couple of days ago my mic stopped picking up music that I have playing my room, but it will pick up my voice and other sounds with no trouble. Is there some kind of noise reduction thing going on? I have searched through all my sound settings and can't
    find anything

I'm using a Lenovo Thinkpad T480 running Windows 10 1909, my mic is a Realtek Audio.

Thanks.

RexKwon Do, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

mic not picking up my voice

1. mic not picking up my voice - Similar Threads - mic picking voice

2. My mic can only pick up my audio not my voice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mic can only pick up my audio not my voice.: It's as the title says, I recently bought a mic and sound splitter as my headset mic wasn't being detected by windows. However, even though the mic is now detected, it can only detect sound playing through the headset and can not pick up any sound that isn't being played on...
  3. mic not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mic not picking up my voice: Hello,I am using a Steelseries Arctis 3 headset and it has been great. However, today the mic just stopped picking up my voice and all that can be heard is a harsh static sound. I was in a discord call last night before I went to sleep and everything was fine. In case it is...
  4. mic not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic not picking up my voice: Hello,I am using a Steelseries Arctis 3 headset and it has been great. However, today the mic just stopped picking up my voice and all that can be heard is a harsh static sound. I was in a discord call last night before I went to sleep and everything was fine. In case it is...
  5. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  6. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  7. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

8. Mic will pick up my voice but not music

Mic will pick up my voice but not music: A couple of days ago my mic stopped picking up music that I have playing my room, but it will pick up my voice and other sounds with no trouble. Is there some kind of noise reduction thing going on? I have searched through all my sound settings and can't find anything I'm...
  9. Mic not picking up voice

Mic not picking up voice: Hi when i try to use my mic on my computer it doesn’t pick up my voice and usually just echos Whatever is playing on my computer of i test it on discord i have tried many things like a new headset but even then nothing changes even looking into the realtek audio manager...
  10. mic not picking up my voice

mic not picking up my voice: oh boy ok so im on windows 10 and im having issues with my microphone now. so my built-in laptop mic is not working atm. every time i try to record my voice, all i hear is static or light faint taps. it isnt picking up my voice but its picking up output audio. i tried...