Windows 10: Mic not plugged in, but it is.

Discus and support Mic not plugged in, but it is. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use the HyperX Cloud Alpha and the mic has been working perfectly for 6 months. But as soon as i installed a Windows update on the 30th of June, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sullivan Strong, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Mic not plugged in, but it is.

I use the HyperX Cloud Alpha and the mic has been working perfectly for 6 months. But as soon as i installed a Windows update on the 30th of June, the mic was in the headset and now it shows it as unplugged, i have tried the troubleshooter and all it says is that it is unplugged. I plugged the headset into my phone and the mic works fine, i tried all the methods, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, cleaning the headphone jack, making sure that it is actually plugged in. But none of it actually works. i even plugged in another mic headset and that yielded the same results. why?

:)

Sullivan Strong, Jun 30, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jun 30, 2021
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Headset Mic "Not Plugged In"

Hi,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Did you already try to plugged the headset into another port which indicating the mic and headset icon?
    • When did the issue first occur?
    • Did you already try to use another headset to other devices and check if you are encountering the same issue?
    Regards.

Ma. Lau, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Mic not plugged in, but it is.

Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

The speakers are 'plugged in' already as it is a laptop. With no external mic, headphones or external speakers plugged in, the Sound Control Panel lists three things under 'Playback' - HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output' - the Speakers under 'Playback' is set as the default.

Under 'Recording' with no external mic plugged in these are listed - 'Microphone', 'Line In' and 'Stereo Mix' (Disabled) - the microphone (in this case, the internal one) is set to 'Default' under 'Recording' as well.

I don't have my headset here to test an external mic right now, but with normal external headphones plugged in, there is no change to the Sound Control Panel under 'Playback' - the same three listings (HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output') with 'Speakers' set as the Default. If I make a noise, say, play a video, I can see the sound meters move to the sound, but no sound comes out of the headphones.

Darkstrike, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

Mic not plugged in, but it is.

1. Mic not plugged in, but it is. - Similar Threads - Mic plugged

2. How can I use the pc's mic, while hving headphhones without mic plugged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I use the pc's mic, while hving headphhones without mic plugged in?: How can I use the pc's mic, while having headphones without mic plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-use-the-pcs-mic-while-hving-headphhones/3b5eb7a0-0b86-480f-9f05-1dfd1a189603
  3. How can I use the pc's mic, while hving headphhones without mic plugged in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I use the pc's mic, while hving headphhones without mic plugged in?: How can I use the pc's mic, while having headphones without mic plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-use-the-pcs-mic-while-hving-headphhones/3b5eb7a0-0b86-480f-9f05-1dfd1a189603
  4. My headphone mic only works when it is plugged directly into my pc and not my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphone mic only works when it is plugged directly into my pc and not my monitor: My headset mic only works when i plug it directly into the pc and not into my monitor but theres static when i plug it into pc. Is there a solve? I want to plug it in my monitor and still have mic access...
  5. My headphone mic only works when it is plugged directly into my pc and not my monitor

My headphone mic only works when it is plugged directly into my pc and not my monitor: My headset mic only works when i plug it directly into the pc and not into my monitor but theres static when i plug it into pc. Is there a solve? I want to plug it in my monitor and still have mic access...
  6. Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack: I have a Razer Headset that came with a usb adapter but if I plug in the adapter in my usb hub it doesn't work, But I can get sound if I plug it in the 3.5mm port but it doesn't detect my mic and I don't have a extra usb A port in my laptop. Is there a way I can still use the...
  7. Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack

Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack: I have a Razer Headset that came with a usb adapter but if I plug in the adapter in my usb hub it doesn't work, But I can get sound if I plug it in the 3.5mm port but it doesn't detect my mic and I don't have a extra usb A port in my laptop. Is there a way I can still use the...
  8. Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Audio driver wont record after plugging in faulty mic

Audio driver wont record after plugging in faulty mic: I found my old microphone a few weeks ago. I tried to see if it still works or not but it wont record. I already tried checking in the Control Panel but nothing works. Any help?...
  10. Audio driver wont record after plugging in faulty mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio driver wont record after plugging in faulty mic: I found my old microphone a few weeks ago. I tried to see if it still works or not but it wont record. I already tried checking in the Control Panel but nothing works. Any help?...