Windows 10: Mic not registering in windows

Discus and support Mic not registering in windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, so i have a gaming headset that has a built in mic and sound is coming through the headset but is not picking up the mic. It normally works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexMcGee0, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Mic not registering in windows

Hey guys, so i have a gaming headset that has a built in mic and sound is coming through the headset but is not picking up the mic. It normally works fine but not now for some reason. i go to sound settings and the only input device picked up is my built in mic on the laptop. any ideas??

:)

AlexMcGee0, Sep 3, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Leel Win User
    Noob Question About Mic Setup

My mic will not register that i am talking into it even tho it shows up in the 'recording devices.' I have it set on default

- i have tried using it on another windows 10 laptop and it instantly works
    -I have updated all drivers through MSI
    - I have uninstalled sound drivers/mic drivers in device manager and reset
    - i have tried updating drivers in device manager and resetting
    - i have tried different ports
    - i have checked to see if it was muted and increased the boost in mic properties
    - i have tried troubleshooting in hardware and sound
    - I have tried reinstalling all windows updates
    - I have tried 'set up mic function' it doesn't pick up any noise
    - i have tried calling microsoft and msi tech support, Microsoft wants a 100 usd for 'real' tech support msi couldnt help me and suggested more of the same
    - i have tried mostly all the troubleshooting on google results and many YT videos suggesting the same things listed above

After the MSI Live Updated it now notifies me that i have plugged it an and i can see what slot it is plugged into in realtek sound manager but still no green bars in 'recording devices' when i talk into it.

I have completely exhausted my personal capabilities i don't wanna cave and give Microsoft another $100 for them to tell me: reinstall windows, that is not a 'fix' in my book

Please help any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Leel, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Mic not registering in windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Mic not registering in windows

1. Mic not registering in windows - Similar Threads - Mic registering

2. Brand-new headset mic+headphones registers extremely quiet audio input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand-new headset mic+headphones registers extremely quiet audio input: I am using a recently bought 'JBL Quantum 100, Wired Over Ear Gaming Headset with Detachable Mic'. For many days I have struggled to get the microphone to register any noise at all. I have already gone to the sound control panel and set the 'levels' tab microphone to 100%....
  3. Brand-new headset mic+headphones registers extremely quiet audio input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand-new headset mic+headphones registers extremely quiet audio input: I am using a recently bought 'JBL Quantum 100, Wired Over Ear Gaming Headset with Detachable Mic'. For many days I have struggled to get the microphone to register any noise at all. I have already gone to the sound control panel and set the 'levels' tab microphone to 100%....
  4. Laptop wont register that i have a mic connected to my headphones?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop wont register that i have a mic connected to my headphones?: So i've just gotten a pair of HyperX Cloud Alpha headphones. so it has a plug in microphone. I can hear the audio great BUT when im trying to talk to friends the laptop uses the webcam mic. Ive tried updating my audio driver and uninstalling it. My laptop doesnt even...
  5. Mic echoing sound, yet not registered with PC

Mic echoing sound, yet not registered with PC: I have had a problem with my computer for the past week now, where sound is being reflected though my output audio into my input. It is not an issue with my headset; I muted my headset, and even bought a new one, yet the problem persisted. I have tried uninstalling and...
  6. Voice not registered through built in mic of headphone, but through somewhere within the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Voice not registered through built in mic of headphone, but through somewhere within the...: Note: Any help would be appreciated, I am willing to try out as many methods as possible WITHOUT the use of a splitter cable. So, as the title suggested, I am using a build in mic headset to record on Twitch, however, I realized that the sound is not going through the mic...
  7. My mic wont pop up or register when I plug it in....

My mic wont pop up or register when I plug it in....: It was working before, till today when I was trying to make a video. Then i check my setting to see if the mic was turned off and turns out that it just doesnt pop up, it doesnt even say i plugged in a device anymore .......
  8. 3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.: Hello everyone, I recently bought some new headphones for my gaming PC MSI gaming plus motherboard, and I've done literally everything to try and solve it, but nothing is working. I've updated my bios, I've gone into Device Properties, Device Manager, Sound testing,...
  9. Mic will register audio, but while I'm talking it just gets quieter until it stops picking...

Mic will register audio, but while I'm talking it just gets quieter until it stops picking...: When recording audio through my mic, it starts off recording it just fine, but it gets quieter and quieter the longer I talk. There is a constant decrease in over all volume, but it will also almost completely cut out and then return. But no matter what it will always get...
  10. Headphone mic not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone mic not registering: I recently bought a gaming headset with a microphone. On the way back I used said headset with my phone and made a call, (Just verifying that it's not a hardware problem with the headset) When I attempted to use the headset with my laptop, nothing happened. The audio...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 1o mic spk jack not registering