Windows 10: Mic not working after windows update

Discus and support Mic not working after windows update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last night I finally updated windows after putting it off for a while. When I tried to speak to other people in discord and games they told me that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zero-jiggler, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Mic not working after windows update

Last night I finally updated windows after putting it off for a while. When I tried to speak to other people in discord and games they told me that my mic was static. I tested the mic and listened to it through my headphones and heard a really grating, awful static sound whenever the mic was activated.

The headset is an Astro a10.

When testing audio input in settings I see that the bar instantly goes all the way to 100 percent then back to zero after I stop talking, no in between.

All my drivers are updated, did the windows update fry it? Is there anything I can do to fix?

submitted by /u/Zero-jiggler
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zero-jiggler, Nov 26, 2020
  2. vindows Win User

Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Nov 26, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Nov 26, 2020
  4. MatTheCat Win User

Mic not working after windows update

Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Sounds like your front panel is not connected to the front panel outputs on either your motherboard or your sound card.

Afraid its a case of referring to your mobo manual and a matter of getting a pair of pliers out and plugging in small finicky wires onto tiny little pins...in the correct order.

MatTheCat, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Mic not working after windows update

1. Mic not working after windows update - Similar Threads - Mic working update

2. my mic is not working after the latest windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my mic is not working after the latest windows update: what if i stop after doing this steps because i am scared will any thing effect my pc . i was try to fix this problem and i found this solution and i did every step and it re started my computer . what if i stop after this step will this effect my pcMy name is Carlo, I'm an...
  3. my mic is not working after the latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mic is not working after the latest windows update: what if i stop after doing this steps because i am scared will any thing effect my pc . i was try to fix this problem and i found this solution and i did every step and it re started my computer . what if i stop after this step will this effect my pcMy name is Carlo, I'm an...
  4. my mic is not working after the latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mic not working after updating to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic not working after updating to windows 11: Hello - I have two laptops and recently I updated both of them to windows 11 from windows 10. One is Lenovo Ideapad-5 and other one is Dell Latitude 7490. I have chatted with Microsoft rep few weeks back regarding my Lenovo and he told me it was IBM/Lenovo issue, so I needed...
  6. Mic not working after updating to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic not working after updating to windows 11: Hello - I have two laptops and recently I updated both of them to windows 11 from windows 10. One is Lenovo Ideapad-5 and other one is Dell Latitude 7490. I have chatted with Microsoft rep few weeks back regarding my Lenovo and he told me it was IBM/Lenovo issue, so I needed...
  7. Mic not working after windows 10 update?

Mic not working after windows 10 update?: So I have a razer mic, and it worked perfectly fine before a windows update. And the next day I turned on the pc it just said "Usb device not recognized" Everything else worked so it had to be the mic. I dont know how long ago it was, but I think it is around 10-14 days. I...
  8. Mic stopped working after update.

Mic stopped working after update.: Hi, my microphone stopped working after I updated my computer. And I can't get it going again, have tested tips from lots of pages but I can't get the microphone up again. Does anyone have any tips?...
  9. Mic stopped working after update

Mic stopped working after update: The mic stopped working in two apps after the last update. It is working in desktop apps but refuses access in some apps used for video editing. It is impossible to turn on mic manually, I tried...
  10. After the new windows update, mic not working.

After the new windows update, mic not working.: Ok, so I usually don't update my windows, I tend to wait a long time before updating because of all the problem windows update causes, rightly so for my concern. So like last week after waiting a while I decided to update my windows to the latest version of 10. It didn't...