Windows 10: Mic not working on windows PC but works ok everything else

Discus and support Mic not working on windows PC but works ok everything else in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve posted this same issue in many places and not gotten a working solution yet. The mic is set to default and I’ve tried to update the drivers. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mercury_721, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Mic not working on windows PC but works ok everything else

I’ve posted this same issue in many places and not gotten a working solution yet. The mic is set to default and I’ve tried to update the drivers. It used to work and randomly stopped at least 2 months back. What can I do?

submitted by /u/Mercury_721
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mercury_721, Oct 31, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Oct 31, 2020
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Oct 31, 2020
  4. MatTheCat Win User

Mic not working on windows PC but works ok everything else

Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Sounds like your front panel is not connected to the front panel outputs on either your motherboard or your sound card.

Afraid its a case of referring to your mobo manual and a matter of getting a pair of pliers out and plugging in small finicky wires onto tiny little pins...in the correct order.

MatTheCat, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Mic not working on windows PC but works ok everything else

1. Mic not working on windows PC but works ok everything else - Similar Threads - Mic working works

2. PC screen turns black while everything else is working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screen turns black while everything else is working: I've been using my pc for quite a while now and recently, this trouble occurred. My monitor suddenly turns black after playing some games or launching some. I've noticed that even though my cable and my monitor is still in good condition, and when that happened, the monitor...
  3. PC screen turns black while everything else is working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC screen turns black while everything else is working: I've been using my pc for quite a while now and recently, this trouble occurred. My monitor suddenly turns black after playing some games or launching some. I've noticed that even though my cable and my monitor is still in good condition, and when that happened, the monitor...
  4. Internet works on everything else but PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet works on everything else but PC: When I start my computer, majority of the time I am not connected to the internet. When clicking on the globe by left click, the wi-fi option does not appear on the small window. When I right click to "Network and Internet Settings", sometimes it'll say Ethernet not plugged...
  5. Internet works on everything else but PC

Internet works on everything else but PC: When I start my computer, majority of the time I am not connected to the internet. When clicking on the globe by left click, the wi-fi option does not appear on the small window. When I right click to "Network and Internet Settings", sometimes it'll say Ethernet not plugged...
  6. shift + number not working but shift works with everything else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift + number not working but shift works with everything else: For the past few weeks, using Shift with a number key produces nothing. The number keys themselves work fine, and both Shift keys work with everything except the number keys. This happens with the laptop keyboard, a Bluetooth keyboard, and the on-screen keyboard. I have tried...
  7. shift + number not working but shift works with everything else

shift + number not working but shift works with everything else: For the past few weeks, using Shift with a number key produces nothing. The number keys themselves work fine, and both Shift keys work with everything except the number keys. This happens with the laptop keyboard, a Bluetooth keyboard, and the on-screen keyboard. I have tried...
  8. Why wont game bar record my mic audio? My mic works for everything else but this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why wont game bar record my mic audio? My mic works for everything else but this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BeefRamenMan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/idu2ee/why_wont_game_bar_record_my_mic_audio_my_mic/
  9. Why won't my Bose QC35 ii Mic work on Zoom but work on everything else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why won't my Bose QC35 ii Mic work on Zoom but work on everything else?: So I recently got a new gaming laptop (MSI GL65 Leopard 10SEK i7) and previously used the MacBook Pro 13inch Retina (2015). My Bose QC35 ii worked on my MacBook and had no issues using Zoom, Skype etc. I have since unpaired it from my MacBook and paired it to my MSI. No...
  10. Edge and Windows Update working, everything else not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge and Windows Update working, everything else not: I have tried all the suggestions shown in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking-winpc/after-upgrading-to-windows-10-internet-only-works/6ee391e0-ab6c-4471-879c-83279eed21ee?page=5 I have tried both resetting to original Win...