Windows 10: Mic not working through Saffire interface.

Discus and support Mic not working through Saffire interface. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, I've got my Liquid Saffire 56 preamp set up and working to my PC with midi/ Audio is working fine. I've connected a mic and The Saffire mix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hanketh, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Hanketh Win User

Mic not working through Saffire interface.

Hey,
    I've got my Liquid Saffire 56 preamp set up and working to my PC with midi/ Audio is working fine.
    I've connected a mic and The Saffire mix control software is showing its receiving audio from the levels, but windows is not.
    Tried to configure/setup new mic from the (saffire audio) in recording list but nada.

Tried everything, different mic, different xlr, different firewire cable.

Every setting I can find related to sound i've checked properties of (image attached)

Contacted focusrite directly to ask about any settings I missed inside mix control and it's all good there.

Device manager shows interface is up to date on drivers.

Mic not working through Saffire interface. [​IMG]

Last thing I tried was troubleshoot the mic from sound settings and got this back -

Troubleshooting report -

Recording Audio
    Publisher details
    Potential issues that were checked
    Audio enhancements didn't load

Issue not present
    One or more audio service isn't running

Issue not present
    Audio services not responding

Issue not present
    Audio device is disabled

Issue not present
    Audio device muted

Issue not present
    Audio device isn't set as default

Issue not present
    Audio format not set to default

Issue not present
    The microphone or headset is unplugged

Issue not present
    Potential issues that were checked
    Detection details
    Audio enhancements didn't load
    Issue not present
    One or more audio service isn't running
    Issue not present
    Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly. Atleast one of these services isn't running.
    Audio services not responding
    Issue not present
    Audio device is disabled
    Issue not present
    The audio device you selected is currently turned off in Windows.
    Audio device muted
    Issue not present
    Audio can't play if the device is muted.
    Audio device isn't set as default
    Issue not present
    The default audio device is usually used to play or record sounds on your computer.
    Audio format not set to default
    Issue not present
    The microphone or headset is unplugged
    Issue not present
    An audio device must be plugged in to play or record sound.
    Detection details
    Audio endpoint
    Type of audio device being diagnosed.
    Endpoint: Capture
    Installed audio devices
    This file contains the details stored in the registry for all installed audio devices.
    File Name: [Registry log.txt]Registry log.txt
    Collection information
    Computer Name: DESKTOP-
    Windows Version:
    Architecture:
    x64
    Time:
    Sunday, July 14, 2019 10:49:06 AM
    Publisher details
    Sound
    Troubleshoot problems that prevent your computer from playing or recording sound.
    Package Version:
    Publisher:
    Microsoft Windows
    Recording Audio
    Find and fix problems with recording sound.
    Package Version:
    Publisher:
    Microsoft Corporation
    Hardware and Devices
    Find and fix problems with devices and hardware.
    Package Version:
    Publisher:
    Microsoft Windows

:)

Hanketh, Jul 13, 2019

2. Audio interface (Focusrite Saffire PRO 24) stops working after update kb3140768

Hi.

My Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 stops working after Windows 10 installs update kb3140768. I get no audio input or output, although the driver does detect that the device is connected and turned on. When I uninstall the update, the device works fine. Unfortunately,
    I don't know how to stop Windows from reinstalling the update on the next reboot.

The device is a Firewire audio interface: https://us.focusrite.com/firewire-audio-interfaces/saffire-pro-24

I have the latest manufacturer-provided drivers installed (v3.7).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Eddie

Eddie Sullivan, Jul 13, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jul 13, 2019
  4. vindows Win User

Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Mic not working through Saffire interface. - Similar Threads - Mic working through

2. My boat rokerz 510 mic is not working through bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My boat rokerz 510 mic is not working through bluetooth: I have done everything even contacted windows helpcentre even they couldn't solve it, it happens only in a desktop it workes well in all other devices like laptop and phones it shows boat rokerz Ag -hand free audio but there is no input anywhere if I test it there is a input...
  3. audio playing through mic?

audio playing through mic?: okay so discord is picking up any audio i play. youtube, games, notification noises. they all go through and people in voice calls can hear. I've tried updating drivers, disabling stereo mix. nothing helps. this only happens when I use my headset. it doesn't happen if I just...
  4. All audio playing through mic

All audio playing through mic: All of my audio including people's voices are playing through my microphone on discord, games and when I'm just testing my mic. When I mute my microphone on my headset, the audio of whatever is on my desktop still plays through my mic. This also occurred on an old headset. My...
  5. PC audio coming through mic

PC audio coming through mic: everytime i talk to my friends in all contact platforms they always tell me that they can hear my pc audio any ideas on how to fix it ive tried setting my pc volume to the lowest volume i can handle and also my mic boost...
  6. Audio Through Mic

Audio Through Mic: When using my mic people can hear my pc audio such as music and games this occurs in all games, calls, meetings. I have seen multiple methods but none have worked even when I mute my headset my computer audio still plays through my mic. How can I fix this...
  7. audio playing through mic issue.

audio playing through mic issue.: did you ever find a resolution for this i have had the same issue withg multiple headsets but i always have the same issue, i cant find anything useful online and i cant seem to figure out how to fix it. this is my discord if its easier to respond on that thanks! will neill...
  8. Hearing built-in mic through speakers

Hearing built-in mic through speakers: I always hear my built-in mic, even though all mics except for my external mic are disabled. This is very annoying as I can hear the white noise from it and if I, for example, tap my finger on it I can hear the sound from it. I can hear it as soon as the computer is beginning...
  9. Desktop audio coming through on the mic?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop audio coming through on the mic?: I've had this issue for quite a while now, whenever there's audio coming from the computer and I'm using a mic talking to someone, they mention that they can hear stuff from my pc. I'm using headphones with a mic built into it. I tested that it's not just the sound from the...
  10. dynamic mic & audio interface not working with pc, windows 10

dynamic mic & audio interface not working with pc, windows 10: I have purchased a Behringer UMC22 USB audio interface, a Behringer XM8500 Dynamic microphone, connected them via XLR, and connected the UMC22 to my computer via USB 2. In my playback devices on Windows 10 the device is recognised as "speakers", and I can not seem to find a...