Windows 10: Mic not working. Tried every known fixes?

Discus and support Mic not working. Tried every known fixes? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Mic was working fine until today. Tried plugging in various headsets and mics. Nothing YES, I checked under Settings -> Privacy -> Mic, YES, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sgy0003, May 9, 2020.

1. Mic not working. Tried every known fixes?

Mic was working fine until today. Tried plugging in various headsets and mics. Nothing

YES, I checked under Settings -> Privacy -> Mic,

YES, I checked Settings -> System -> Sound,

YES, I ran the troubleshoot,

YES, I tried updating, uninstanlling devices on device manager,

YES, I messed around with the sound panel.

NOTHING WORKS. I am starting to lose hope on my desktop

submitted by /u/sgy0003
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sgy0003, May 9, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, May 9, 2020
  3. Mic suddenly stopped working, tried everything...

Hey guys,

So I put together a new PC running Windows 10 Pro around 3 months ago and everything was working perfect till 2 days ago when my mic suddenly stopped working. I use a Steelseries Siberia V2 headset and the headphones work fine, but the mic is not picking up any noise at all. I tried plugging in both the back and front ports and my realtek always detects that a mic has been plugged in, but it simply won't work. I thought maybe my mic got busted so I also tried using an A4 Tech headset that I had lying around in the office but it has the same issue, the mic won't work. I looked around online for possible solutions and tried the following with no luck:

• Ensured the mic was set as the default device and that its volume settings were maxed out.
    • Tried disabling all sound effects (noise suppression, acoustic echo cancellation etc).
    • Uninstalled all audio drivers and reinstalled the latest realtek drivers on my motherboard's webpage: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1151 - GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0)
    • Uninstalled all audio drivers and reinstalled the latest realtek drivers on realtek's own webpage: Realtek
    • Uninstalled all audio drivers and let Windows auto-install drivers.
    • I even uninstalled all realtek drivers and tried using the standard "high definition audio device drivers."

Basically tried everything in this link: Microphone Not Working in Windows 10? | Win 10 FAQ

The conclusion was the same with everything I tried, the sound worked fine in both my speakers and headphones, but the mics simply didn't work. What's strange is that it just stopped working out of nowhere. I didn't install any new software or hardware or make any changes prior to the issue. Just turned the PC on one day and boom, mics not working.

I am completely stumped now and have no idea what to try next. I've attached screenshots of what my mic settings looked like with the realtek drivers and without. Really hope someone can help me figure out what went wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Mic not working. Tried every known fixes? [​IMG]

Mic not working. Tried every known fixes? [​IMG]

Spikematic, May 9, 2020
  4. vindows Win User

Mic not working. Tried every known fixes?

Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Mic not working. Tried every known fixes?

1. Mic not working. Tried every known fixes? - Similar Threads - Mic working Tried

2. I tried every method but can't fix it

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I tried every method but can't fix it: what does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-every-method-but-cant-fix-it/713f42b2-2e00-46c5-a801-ebe7b32ccbb0
  3. I tried every method but can't fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried every method but can't fix it: what does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-every-method-but-cant-fix-it/713f42b2-2e00-46c5-a801-ebe7b32ccbb0
  4. Ground Branch Mic not working [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Ground Branch Mic not working [Fixed]: [ATTACH]If the Mic or Microphone is not working in Ground Branch when playing the game of your Windows 11/10 Pc then this post will help you. Ground Branch is a shooter video game loved by millions of gaming enthusiasts. While it works smoothly most of the time, it is not...
  5. MIC not working properly , no fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MIC not working properly , no fix?: I had this problem for a while now, maybe three months. My MIC is working and so is my sound card. But when I am in most apps my microphone wont work properly, its really low and muffled to the point where I have to kinda shout/talk loud to hear my self in discord, games and...
  6. Is their a known fix to this? Tried Restarting, happens on the latest version of Windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is their a known fix to this? Tried Restarting, happens on the latest version of Windows...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dk_sonnehof [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hfy0g0/is_their_a_known_fix_to_this_tried_restarting/
  7. Tcpip.sys and NETIO.sys BSOD, Tried every fixes still doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tcpip.sys and NETIO.sys BSOD, Tried every fixes still doesn't work: After updating to windows 10. My computer keep having BSOD for almost a month super tilting, search everything still doesn't work this is my .dmp file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtQgYTVlCsT2gw6RVsTmvEUg9wLn?e=468WFh pls help, I can't even bluescreen troubleshoot it...
  8. Fix mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix mic: whenever i used to plug in my headphones an option would come up saying headphones or headset also the mic used to work on it as well . However randomly one day i plugged them in the option never showed up anymore and the mic didn't work would appreciate if someone could...
  9. Can't type in cortana search bar. tried several apparent known fixes, still not working....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't type in cortana search bar. tried several apparent known fixes, still not working....: I've tried system file checker and a few particular other fixes, all of which did nothing for me, and then it occurred to me that the two problems listed in the subject might be related. If anyone can help me out, please do. I'd really appreciate it! For slightly more...
  10. Mic suddenly stopped working, tried everything...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic suddenly stopped working, tried everything...: Hey guys, So I put together a new PC running Windows 10 Pro around 3 months ago and everything was working perfect till 2 days ago when my mic suddenly stopped working. I use a Steelseries Siberia V2 headset and the headphones work fine, but the mic is not picking up any...