Windows 10: Mic not working when headphones plugged in

Discus and support Mic not working when headphones plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I don't have headphones in, my mic works just fine. But as soon as I plug in my headphones (into the ONLY headphone jack, mind you) the mic stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlueMoon3, Jan 3, 2019.

1. BlueMoon3 Win User

Mic not working when headphones plugged in

When I don't have headphones in, my mic works just fine. But as soon as I plug in my headphones (into the ONLY headphone jack, mind you) the mic stops working and I can't get it to work anymore. I've tried updating drivers, manually downloading and installing drivers, etc. another problem that i feel has to do with this is the fact that headphones aren't showing up in my playback list. I try to go to my headphone drivers, and they all give me an error 45, "This Hardware device is not connected to the computer" (even though it obviously is). My headphones work perfectly fine, but apparently they're registering them as speakers. If you need me to go into more detail in anything I can.

:)

BlueMoon3, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Aman Win User

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

Aman, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Straynjer Win User
    My computer mic stops working when headphones are plugged in.

For whatever reason, when my headphones are plugged in, my computer mic stops working.

It works fine when it's not plugged in.

My headphones do have a mic on them, but under the sound settings, both the computer mic and headphone mic are under one device, "Microphone Array (Realtek High Definition Audio)".

This is true regardless whether or not my headphones are plugged in. A similar thing happens to the speakers as well, but i dont care about that that much.

The reason why i care about the mics, is because my headphone mic is broken, and i want to use my headphones while using the computer mic which works perfectly fine.

Ive already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the devices.

I am using a lenovo X1 carbon 20A8 model.

Straynjer, Jan 3, 2019
  4. vindows Win User

Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Mic not working when headphones plugged in - Similar Threads - Mic working headphones

2. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  3. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  4. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Plugging mic into headphone jack

Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  6. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  7. Headphones plugged in but mic is "not plugged in"

Headphones plugged in but mic is "not plugged in": Everything functioned fine until yesterday when I attempted to play Modern Warfare with my friend and I realized windows wasn't registering that my mic was plugged in. I've tried 3 different headphones, 4 different aux cords, and two different aux ports and all of them have...
  8. Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic.

Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic.: I have a headset with a mic that I plug into a splitter the splitter has a headphone and mic jack that are plugged into their own specific slots. They have been working fine for the past 6 months, up until as of this morning. Where only one of them function at a time. When I...
  9. Mic is only working when I plug headphones in!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic is only working when I plug headphones in!: Hi, The microphone on my work computer is only working, when I plug the headphones into the jack. They are normal headphone and do not have any type of voice input on them. I have tried troubleshooting, but no joy. The computer can detect the microphone, and the testing...
  10. Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in

Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in: Hello, I've been having this issue where my headset and microphone (Turtlebeach Recon 50) is showing as plugged in when disconnected. When plugging in, sound comes through the headset but no sound goes the microphone. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers multiple times...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mic not working on headset plugged into aux

2. when my headset is pluged into my pc i have no game sound

3. microphone not plugged in headphone works

4. microphone on laptop stops working when speakers are plugged in,
  5. laptop mic not working when headphones plugged in,
  6. mic not working when plugged in,
  7. mic not working when i plug in a headset windows 10,
  8. mic not working for headphones plugged into dell u2515h monitor,
  9. after i plug in my headset microphone stops working,
  10. microphone stops working when headphones plugged in,
  11. when i plug in my headphones my mic stopped working,