Windows 10: Mic not working when multiple apps open

Discus and support Mic not working when multiple apps open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, so When using the Xbox app or discord when I open games or sometimes even just chrome my mic will stop working on either the Xbox app or discord. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Randlx_, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Mic not working when multiple apps open

Hi, so When using the Xbox app or discord when I open games or sometimes even just chrome my mic will stop working on either the Xbox app or discord. I will then have to unselect my mic and re-select it in the mic setting of the respective app. Does anyone know what could be causing this or an option I can enable to stop this? Any help is appreciated Mic not working when multiple apps open :)

submitted by /u/Randlx_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Randlx_, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mic not working when multiple apps open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 14, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Mic not working when multiple apps open

i cant open multiple apps on windows 10

Hi Jacklyn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What happens when you try to open multiple apps?

• What exact error message are you get when you try to open multiple apps?

• Are you referring to Windows app or Desktop app?

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open multiple apps that you want.

• Right click on the task bar.

• From the jump menu select Show all windows side by side.
    I also suggest you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with the above information, so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Mic not working when multiple apps open

1. Mic not working when multiple apps open - Similar Threads - Mic working multiple

2. Why does my mic make a static sound when I open multiple app that uses the mic?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my mic make a static sound when I open multiple app that uses the mic?: My mic makes a static sound out of nowhere especially when I open another app also using the mic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-mic-make-a-static-sound-when-i-open/677c85c3-842f-4dc0-ab68-eb3828520800
  3. Why does my mic make a static sound when I open multiple app that uses the mic?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my mic make a static sound when I open multiple app that uses the mic?: My mic makes a static sound out of nowhere especially when I open another app also using the mic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-mic-make-a-static-sound-when-i-open/677c85c3-842f-4dc0-ab68-eb3828520800
  4. multiple apps not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple apps not opening: I have issues opening some apps like ableton live,assassing creed 3,freepiano etc.It starts , loads then crashes without error.moreover i have noticed that windows debugger app wont even open..these problems are solved while opening via new user account.i have attached crash...
  5. multiple apps not opening

multiple apps not opening: I have issues opening some apps like ableton live,assassing creed 3,freepiano etc.It starts , loads then crashes without error.moreover i have noticed that windows debugger app wont even open..these problems are solved while opening via new user account.i have attached crash...
  6. Windows Key+number to open taskbar app does not work when multiple instances of app are open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key+number to open taskbar app does not work when multiple instances of app are open: Hello. I frequently use the shortcut Win+Number to open applications on the taskbar Win+1 for file explorer, Win+2 for Chrome, and so on which is very convenient and fast. When there are multiple instances of an app running, I expect that this shortcut will open the latest...
  7. Windows Key+number to open taskbar app does not work when multiple instances of app are open

Windows Key+number to open taskbar app does not work when multiple instances of app are open: Hello. I frequently use the shortcut Win+Number to open applications on the taskbar Win+1 for file explorer, Win+2 for Chrome, and so on which is very convenient and fast. When there are multiple instances of an app running, I expect that this shortcut will open the latest...
  8. BSOD Memory_Management when multiple apps open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Memory_Management when multiple apps open: Laptop has been BSOD for the past two weeks. Every time it crashes I'm usually watching a full screen video online, or have multiple apps open (not games though). Usually it goes into Memory_Management error, but I have seen IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have run Driver Verifier...
  9. Cortana not opening/not working when pressing the mic button

Cortana not opening/not working when pressing the mic button: I have a problem with Cortana not opening after pressing the mic button on the taskbar and "Hey Cortana" does not work also. This is a clean install of windows 10 on a Lenovo laptop, I had no problems with Cortana before. If someone can help me I would greatly appreciate...
  10. Very annoying issue when multiple apps are open

in Windows 10 Support
    Very annoying issue when multiple apps are open: I have Windows 10. Recently I noticed that If I have several applications open and want to switch to another one, it opens BEHIND the existing window. How do I bring whatever application I click to the forefront? *Confused Thank you to whoever has the answer to this...