Windows 10: Mic not working

Discus and support Mic not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know my mic works but i troubleshoot it and nothing works.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarcoMcityre, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Mic not working

I know my mic works but i troubleshoot it and nothing works.

:)

MarcoMcityre, Sep 3, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Sep 3, 2019
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Mic not working

Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Mic not working

1. Mic not working - Similar Threads - Mic working

2. Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320: I recently installed a Windows 11 update and afterwards my Bluetooth connected Poly Voyager 4320's mic stopped working. I can hear audio from the headset and the device shows it is connected in the different windows settings along with Cisco Jabber. But I can not get any...
  3. Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320: I recently installed a Windows 11 update and afterwards my Bluetooth connected Poly Voyager 4320's mic stopped working. I can hear audio from the headset and the device shows it is connected in the different windows settings along with Cisco Jabber. But I can not get any...
  4. Mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic not working: Hello,I have the Steelseries Arctis Nova Pro and my computer won't pic up any mic sound unless connecting with the bluetooth option. The headset offers a dongle connection which i would much rather use.Here is a link to a picture of the controlpanel, that says the mic is...
  5. Mic not working

Mic not working: Hello,I have the Steelseries Arctis Nova Pro and my computer won't pic up any mic sound unless connecting with the bluetooth option. The headset offers a dongle connection which i would much rather use.Here is a link to a picture of the controlpanel, that says the mic is...
  6. Mic and audio not working with the 3.5mm splitter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic and audio not working with the 3.5mm splitter: So as the title says. I plugged my mic (green 3.5mm plug) into the mic port and the red audio one into all of the audio ports. I am getting no sound. Everything driver related is fine as I've never had these issues before. They will not work together. If I plug the cord in...
  7. Mic doesn't work only on Microsoft related system

Mic doesn't work only on Microsoft related system: I literally try everything go to the sound setting, update driver, trouble shooting and whatever but whenever I tested it the sound only came out 1% and I can't hear it at all. I test on website and it work fine, I test on discord and it work fine, I test on steam and it work...
  8. Mic doesn't work only on Microsoft related system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic doesn't work only on Microsoft related system: I literally try everything go to the sound setting, update driver, trouble shooting and whatever but whenever I tested it the sound only came out 1% and I can't hear it at all. I test on website and it work fine, I test on discord and it work fine, I test on steam and it work...
  9. My mic doesn't work on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mic doesn't work on my computer: On my CLX pc, I've been trying to get my microphone to pick up audio and it hasn't been. There is a slot for both the mic and headphones separately. I thought that might be the problem but I haven't been able to figure it out. My microphone is allowed on all apps. I'm not...
  10. My mic doesn't work on my computer

My mic doesn't work on my computer: On my CLX pc, I've been trying to get my microphone to pick up audio and it hasn't been. There is a slot for both the mic and headphones separately. I thought that might be the problem but I haven't been able to figure it out. My microphone is allowed on all apps. I'm not...