Windows 10: mic on laptop lost when connected to docking station

Discus and support mic on laptop lost when connected to docking station in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; mic on laptop lost when connected to docking station... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Leo.kentech, Mar 20, 2020.

1. mic on laptop lost when connected to docking station

mic on laptop lost when connected to docking station

:)

Leo.kentech, Mar 20, 2020
  2. jackin Win User

I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Ed Fisher Win User
    Lenovo T450S laptop docking station issue

I am having difficulty utilizing a docking station with my Lenovo T450s laptop. I purchased the laptop in 2016 and it is running Windows 10. At the time of purchase I also bought a Lenovo docking station. At the suggestion of an IT person, I recently purchased a "Plugable USB 3.0" docking station.

The issue I am having now with both docking stations is that my second monitor does not get detected and only works when I connect directly to the laptop and it does not transfer the wired internet signal from the docking station to the laptop. The signal is fine when I connect directly to the laptop. All of the USB ports on the laptop are USB 3.0.

I was under the impression that I could plug the power for the laptop and one cable from the docking station and would be good to go. The printers connected through the docking stations work fine. I take my laptop home with me every day from work. Any suggestions to try?

Ed Fisher, Mar 20, 2020
  4. LucyLiu06 Win User

Printer does not go online when the laptop is re-connect to the dock station

We have a few laptop users (Windows 10) who connect their local printers via their dock stations. When they reconnect the laptop to the dock station, the printer does not show online automatically even though the printer is online. It can only be fixed
    when the laptop is rebooted while it is connected to the dock station.

The printers are connected to the dock station via USB ports.

LucyLiu06, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. mic on laptop lost when connected to docking station - Similar Threads - mic laptop lost

2. External monitors are not displaying when connected to a docking station. Confirmed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitors are not displaying when connected to a docking station. Confirmed...: External monitors are not displaying when connected to a docking station. Confirmed working when connected directly to laptop. Tested machine on a different docking station same issue. Tested machine on known working docking station no change. Updated all drivers for machine,...
  3. External monitors are not displaying when connected to a docking station. Confirmed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitors are not displaying when connected to a docking station. Confirmed...: External monitors are not displaying when connected to a docking station. Confirmed working when connected directly to laptop. Tested machine on a different docking station same issue. Tested machine on known working docking station no change. Updated all drivers for machine,...
  4. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  5. Docking Station

Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  6. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Laptop Reset Docking Station

Laptop Reset Docking Station: Hi,This is quite a specific request. Are anyone aware of any softwares/systems that could answer to the problem bellow ?We are a company that rent laptops and for data protection purpose we perform 5 to 10 full reset of different windows laptops per day. This is very tedious...
  8. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Reset Docking Station: Hi,This is quite a specific request. Are anyone aware of any softwares/systems that could answer to the problem bellow ?We are a company that rent laptops and for data protection purpose we perform 5 to 10 full reset of different windows laptops per day. This is very tedious...
  9. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Connecting Multiple Monitors to My Laptop Docking Station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting Multiple Monitors to My Laptop Docking Station: I'm attempting to connect my laptop docking station with 2 monitors. When I close the laptop lid, both monitors go black. Can anyone help me with the connection process? I'm a work from home employee and trying to connect so I can work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does a laptop microphone work when connected to docking station

2. would a docking station affect computer mic?