Windows 10: Mic only works in cortana, nowhere else. I've had it for 6 months with no problems, and...

Discus and support Mic only works in cortana, nowhere else. I've had it for 6 months with no problems, and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UserOfRedditName [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UserOfRedditName, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Mic only works in cortana, nowhere else. I've had it for 6 months with no problems, and...

/u/UserOfRedditName, Aug 17, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Ryujin Win User
    Logitech G533 mic not working HELP!!! (Mic is not muted)

My Logitech G533 mic is not working I've had it for at least 6 months and it hasn't had this problem ever. Please help! (On Windows 10)

Ryujin, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Mic only works in cortana, nowhere else. I've had it for 6 months with no problems, and...

problem with cortana and mic

Hai

In my pc(Lenovo g50-80) the connection with my inbuilt mic Conexant smartAudio Hd and Cortana doesn't seems to well. Cortana says my mic is not compatible but after a few days I opened the I started to hear disturbing noise when I muted my speaker
    it stopped but after I unmuted it the mic started to make this sound. I tried disabling mic but the problem remained after enabling it after sometime I realized that Cortana was responsible for this so I disabled it. After that my mic went crazy it started
    to repeat for every sound and started to create low frequency sounds. How to fix it and make Cortana work with the mic

Arun007raj, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Mic only works in cortana, nowhere else. I've had it for 6 months with no problems, and...

1. Mic only works in cortana, nowhere else. I've had it for 6 months with no problems, and... - Similar Threads - Mic works cortana

2. Mic not working on windows PC but works ok everything else

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic not working on windows PC but works ok everything else: I’ve posted this same issue in many places and not gotten a working solution yet. The mic is set to default and I’ve tried to update the drivers. It used to work and randomly stopped at least 2 months back. What can I do? submitted by /u/Mercury_721 [link] [comments]...
  3. Cortana only returns Bing queries and nothing else

in Cortana
    Cortana only returns Bing queries and nothing else: Hi I have recently updated to the Windows 2004 Build 19041.264 of windows with the new Cortana. Cortana now does not set reminders read calendar or anything else Cortana is supposed to do. All it does is retrun a Bing search on how to do said command. I do not use...
  4. Transparency only showing in Taskbar, and nowhere else

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparency only showing in Taskbar, and nowhere else: No clue why but transparency just isn't showing in the Start Menu or anywhere else that has transparency, only showing in the Start Menu. This is really weird because I've looked everywhere for answers, changed settings in the Settings app, and have done some Registry Tweaks...
  5. Cortana is nowhere to be found...

in Cortana
    Cortana is nowhere to be found...: Hello! I have a few simple questions. Is Cortana available in the Philippines? Because I can't seem to find her anywhere in my laptop. If yes, is there anyway to easily find her? I've tried all the obvious options like using the search bar, device manager, etc. Still no...
  6. Cortana mic

in Cortana
    Cortana mic: After a tech fixing my internet problem left I realized that my Cortana mic had disappeared and the volume button in my task bar wouldn't go higher or lower https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-mic/80b1a912-6289-44dd-b5a7-80bf5d6c2c4a"
  7. Only internal mic works?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only internal mic works?: I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the...
  8. Only internal mic works?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only internal mic works?: I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the...
  9. Anyone Else had this update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anyone Else had this update: Has anyone else had this update downloaded and installed Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3106932) It went in ok but cant find out what it is for 28160
  10. Cortana Mic Not Working-Mic is Functional and works with games/Google

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Mic Not Working-Mic is Functional and works with games/Google: No idea what is going on. Cortana doesn't hear me when I hit the MIC option. Nothing registers at all. The mic is fully functional. It works on Google Voice search perfectly in Chrome and my games. I set up the microphone in the settings. This is just so bizarre. Any other...