Windows 10: Mic only works in cortana, nowhere else. I've had it for 6 months with no problems, and...

Discus and support Mic only works in cortana, nowhere else. I've had it for 6 months with no problems, and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UserOfRedditName [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UserOfRedditName, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Mic only works in cortana, nowhere else. I've had it for 6 months with no problems, and...

/u/UserOfRedditName, Aug 17, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Ryujin Win User
    Logitech G533 mic not working HELP!!! (Mic is not muted)

My Logitech G533 mic is not working I've had it for at least 6 months and it hasn't had this problem ever. Please help! (On Windows 10)

Ryujin, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Mic only works in cortana, nowhere else. I've had it for 6 months with no problems, and...

problem with cortana and mic

Hai

In my pc(Lenovo g50-80) the connection with my inbuilt mic Conexant smartAudio Hd and Cortana doesn't seems to well. Cortana says my mic is not compatible but after a few days I opened the I started to hear disturbing noise when I muted my speaker
    it stopped but after I unmuted it the mic started to make this sound. I tried disabling mic but the problem remained after enabling it after sometime I realized that Cortana was responsible for this so I disabled it. After that my mic went crazy it started
    to repeat for every sound and started to create low frequency sounds. How to fix it and make Cortana work with the mic

Arun007raj, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Mic only works in cortana, nowhere else. I've had it for 6 months with no problems, and...

1. Mic only works in cortana, nowhere else. I've had it for 6 months with no problems, and... - Similar Threads - Mic works cortana

2. Asking for biometrics for a site I've had opened out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for biometrics for a site I've had opened out of nowhere.: Should I be concerned that it should've been asking me? What is the reason why it's doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asking-for-biometrics-for-a-site-ive-had-opened/a1664a86-f711-440f-aa10-7497ab5bafb3
  3. Asking for biometrics for a site I've had opened out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asking for biometrics for a site I've had opened out of nowhere.: Should I be concerned that it should've been asking me? What is the reason why it's doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asking-for-biometrics-for-a-site-ive-had-opened/a1664a86-f711-440f-aa10-7497ab5bafb3
  4. I've had this laptop for about 6 months now, and already i have been seeing white pixels...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've had this laptop for about 6 months now, and already i have been seeing white pixels...: I am currently not able to upload images for some reason, but I will try to explain to the best of my ability. I am having the same issue as RoyalGamer1:...
  5. Microphone Only works in Skype. Nowhere else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Only works in Skype. Nowhere else: Hi,I have windows 11, and my microphone only works in Skype, nowhere else.I read another thread about this from 2020, but it didn't work for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-only-works-in-skype-nowhere-else/eaaa4df1-6485-4c54-aee6-04a2ea622633
  6. Microphone Only works in Skype. Nowhere else

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Only works in Skype. Nowhere else: Hi,I have windows 11, and my microphone only works in Skype, nowhere else.I read another thread about this from 2020, but it didn't work for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-only-works-in-skype-nowhere-else/eaaa4df1-6485-4c54-aee6-04a2ea622633
  7. Microphone only works with Voice Recorder; Nowhere else.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone only works with Voice Recorder; Nowhere else.: Hello, I'm using an Asus laptop, and I'm pretty sure I fucked up something, because the mic isn't working - except the voice recorder, the Windows 10 app. I tried everything - updating drivers, enabling/re-enabling from devmgmt, but I know for a fact that the mic isn't a...
  8. cortana only searches bings, nothing else

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cortana only searches bings, nothing else: I just tried using cortana for the first time, had my laptop for more than a year but never thought about using cortana before today. but no matter what i send her she just searches bing and cannot do any of the other functionalities, it's really frustrating since i've got my...
  9. Transparency only showing in Taskbar, and nowhere else

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparency only showing in Taskbar, and nowhere else: No clue why but transparency just isn't showing in the Start Menu or anywhere else that has transparency, only showing in the Start Menu. This is really weird because I've looked everywhere for answers, changed settings in the Settings app, and have done some Registry Tweaks...
  10. Cortana is nowhere to be found...

in Cortana
    Cortana is nowhere to be found...: Hello! I have a few simple questions. Is Cortana available in the Philippines? Because I can't seem to find her anywhere in my laptop. If yes, is there anyway to easily find her? I've tried all the obvious options like using the search bar, device manager, etc. Still no...