Windows 10: Mic only works on Microsoft Teams

Discus and support Mic only works on Microsoft Teams in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi!My Windows 10 was automatically updated and since then my mic won't work on Google Meet, or for recording videos using the camera on my laptop. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sueden Souza, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Mic only works on Microsoft Teams

Hi!My Windows 10 was automatically updated and since then my mic won't work on Google Meet, or for recording videos using the camera on my laptop. The only app where my mic works is Microsoft Teams.Can anyone help me fix this, please?

:)

Sueden Souza, Aug 12, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Aug 12, 2021
  3. B_Guscott Win User
    Microsoft Teams Audio faint for multiple users

We've had a number of users who recently received new devices complain of faint microphone output.

Devices affected

• 3 x New Surface Pro 7
    • 2 x New Surface Pro Book 3
    I'll add steps we've taken to test the device at the bottom.

So far, we believe it may be user-specific as we have been unable to replicate the issue using a local admin account.

These devices were provisioned ~1 week ago. Users raised the issue shortly after they were delivered.

There is nothing physically wrong with the devices. No bangs, scuffs, cracks, screen protectors, etc.

Steps taken so far:

On end-user profile

• Current call is done via Teams and mic audio is definitely quite low
    • Checked Mic settings and are already all at max
    • No Booster available for Mic
    • No additional settings in Teams to enhance mic audio
    • Ran Windows Updates and no updates found
    • Checked Device Manager and is up to date there as well
    • Computer was just rebooted not too long ago too
    • Checked Recording sound options
    • Reset sound options to default
    • Troubleshoot Realtek microphone - didnt pick up anything
    • uninstalled microphone realtek audio drivers
    • restarted computer - tested on Teams - still very faint
    On Local Admin profile

• Tested mic via camera app and teams call - Could not replicate the issue.

Please let me know if there's any additional information that would help find a solution.

B_Guscott, Aug 12, 2021
  4. Ertrugrul Win User

Mic only works on Microsoft Teams

My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams

Hi Antonio,

I have gone into settings as you said.

Microsoft Teams is listed under 'Some desktop apps might not appear in the following list or are not affected by this setting' which comes under the 'Allow desktop apps to access your camera'.

The Webcam works with the following apps: -

Windows Camera app

Skype (from Microsoft)

Zoom

I have checked that my Kaspersky software and it is allowing access by Teams to the Webcam. I uninstalled the Webcam driver and then reinstalled it.

As the Webcam works with all other apps then I believe it must be the interaction with Teams and my Webcam.

Please advise next steps please.

Ertrugrul, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

Mic only works on Microsoft Teams

1. Mic only works on Microsoft Teams - Similar Threads - Mic works Microsoft

2. Only in Teams app Calls, Mic sometimes isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only in Teams app Calls, Mic sometimes isn't working: Sometimes when I login to a Teams App call, my wireless headset mic will not connect. The headphones work fine but the mic will not work. Then somedays it will work fine. This happens with 2 different headsets and has been happening for about a month now....
  3. Only in Teams app Calls, Mic sometimes isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only in Teams app Calls, Mic sometimes isn't working: Sometimes when I login to a Teams App call, my wireless headset mic will not connect. The headphones work fine but the mic will not work. Then somedays it will work fine. This happens with 2 different headsets and has been happening for about a month now....
  4. Mic not working with Teams

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic not working with Teams: After updating to windows 11 version 22h2 my microphone is not working for Teams only and suprisingly mic is working fine with other apps. I have tried all the troubleshooting available but no luck. Teams mic was working fine before this feature update...
  5. Mic not working with Teams

Mic not working with Teams: After updating to windows 11 version 22h2 my microphone is not working for Teams only and suprisingly mic is working fine with other apps. I have tried all the troubleshooting available but no luck. Teams mic was working fine before this feature update...
  6. Realtek Audio only works with Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio only works with Microsoft Teams: Hi All,I have an Acer Predator Triton 500 gaming laptop. The speakers only work when I am using Microsoft Teams. Otherwise, there is no sound. No sounds for Youtube, gaming, etc. Speakers are RealtekR Audio, output device is set to this.I updated the drivers recently after...
  7. Realtek Audio only works with Microsoft Teams

Realtek Audio only works with Microsoft Teams: Hi All,I have an Acer Predator Triton 500 gaming laptop. The speakers only work when I am using Microsoft Teams. Otherwise, there is no sound. No sounds for Youtube, gaming, etc. Speakers are RealtekR Audio, output device is set to this.I updated the drivers recently after...
  8. Headset Audio and Microphone only works in Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Audio and Microphone only works in Microsoft Teams: Hello, I have an odd issue where a Plantronic headset Savi 8220 only works in MS Teams, no where else. I have tried it in Webex, Jabber, The Windows sound control panel and I cannot get a response for the Audio / Mic tests. In MS Teams however, the sound and mic work...
  9. My webcam only works on microsoft teams

My webcam only works on microsoft teams: Hi, I've been trying to make my built-in webcam work in several apps in the past days even windows camera after reinstalling windows earlier but I was unsuccessful. I did all that was reported in previous threads such as reinstalling drivers, changing options in...
  10. Microsoft Teams does not work with Rode AI-1 Mic

Microsoft Teams does not work with Rode AI-1 Mic: Dear Madam and Sir, the Rode AI-1 usb audio interface works properly with every application but Microsoft Teams. I have already gave every installed application rights to access the mic and made sure Microphone access is activated: [ATTACH] Also 'Allow Desktop apps to access...