Windows 10: mic only works on one account

Discus and support mic only works on one account in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so, I'm trying to use my headset for videocalls as we all are. but on my personal acount, it won't work. I've looked into it and the answer i got was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TwinPeaksPhoto, Jan 21, 2021.

1. mic only works on one account

so, I'm trying to use my headset for videocalls as we all are. but on my personal acount, it won't work. I've looked into it and the answer i got was to change the privacy settings, so I did that and it didn't do anything. the mic works on the sccount that was created first on the PC, but not on My account. the headphone portion is fine everywhere. how can I fix this so my mic works on all accounts?

:)

TwinPeaksPhoto, Jan 21, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jan 21, 2021
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

mic only works on one account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

mic only works on one account

1. mic only works on one account - Similar Threads - mic works account

2. Mic audio not detecting on only one earphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic audio not detecting on only one earphone: I was using Mi Dual driver wired earphones in my PC for a long time and 2 days before, my mic is not working well. My voice is not getting recorded. Some small grains are present and if I press the mic buttons, the button sounds get recorded but nothing else gets inputted to...
  3. Mic audio not detecting on only one earphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic audio not detecting on only one earphone: I was using Mi Dual driver wired earphones in my PC for a long time and 2 days before, my mic is not working well. My voice is not getting recorded. Some small grains are present and if I press the mic buttons, the button sounds get recorded but nothing else gets inputted to...
  4. Mic only works on Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic only works on Microsoft Teams: Hi!My Windows 10 was automatically updated and since then my mic won't work on Google Meet, or for recording videos using the camera on my laptop. The only app where my mic works is Microsoft Teams.Can anyone help me fix this, please?...
  5. Microphone Button Not Working...On Only One Account

Microphone Button Not Working...On Only One Account: Hi! I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 with Windows 10. I have my main profile/account on here, and everything works. I'm the administrator on the laptop. My younger brother has his own account, and every time he tries to video call his friend, his microphone doesn't work. I...
  6. Mic not working on Chrome only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic not working on Chrome only: I have a Lenovo laptop and chrome isn't picking up my voice. My microphone is working fine everywhere else, just it isn't working on Chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-not-working-on-chrome-only/85ec6984-df0e-4115-a3aa-4e2bd9909804
  7. Search Bar Not Working Only For One Account

in Cortana
    Search Bar Not Working Only For One Account: My issue is that i am using windows 10 pro and have TWO accounts logged into the same laptop. when I log into my first account my search bar will just stop working i don't know why. and if i log into the other account the search bar works. i have tried thousand's of ways and...
  8. Mic isn’t working on one of two accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic isn’t working on one of two accounts: I created two accounts on my PC, both administrators. I have a problem with mic since it works perfectly on one of these two accounts but it can’t hear anything on another one. I tried to reinstall the drivers but it doesn’t work because they are good for one account....
  9. Only internal mic works?

Only internal mic works?: I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the...
  10. Only internal mic works?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only internal mic works?: I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the...