Windows 10: Mic picking up audio output from headset.

Discus and support Mic picking up audio output from headset. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, So i recently got a new laptop, and when I went in a call with my friends, they told me they could hear every sound from my PC, for the past 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZaynXT, Nov 25, 2018.

1. ZaynXT Win User

Mic picking up audio output from headset.

Hello, So i recently got a new laptop, and when I went in a call with my friends, they told me they could hear every sound from my PC, for the past 3 hours I've been trying to look for solutions, but none of them are helpful, please help me. Ps, my laptop has IDT sound stuff.

:)

ZaynXT, Nov 25, 2018

2. Headset/Mic wont output audio Windows 10

I've seen lots of people saying the have Mic problems but none as serious as mine. I have a sades (sa-706). When i first upgraded windows 10 the Headset simply would not be detected, I had to install a new driver. Its being detected now but it just doesn't
    output audio,well at least not the audio its supposed to. Its sounds like some sort of static.Music, YouTube, Skype nothing works.

As i said the device shows up under play back and recording devices, my drivers are all up to date and My mic is working on other devices.

I'd really appreciate any help.

OCEpurpleCat, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Headset mic not picking up sound.

I recently got a new A10 headset so I could talk to my friends online. When I try and use programs such as skype or discord, they can not detect any audio input. I've tested the mic on my phone and it records audio fine so I'm assuming its a problem with
    my laptop. I've checked the recording devices and there is one that appears and disappears when i connect and disconnect the headset but also states that its not picking up any audio. I'm not sure how to fix the problem so any help would be appreciated

Zac Wetzler, Nov 25, 2018
  4. ChanceH Win User

Audio output leaking into microphone

I have a similar issue with my Turtle Beach Earforce X12 headset and after doing some research, I can say one thing.

It's probably your headset(s).

With that said, I encourage you to watch this brief gif:
    Mic picking up audio output from headset. [​IMG]

In it, I play some audio in the background through my aforementioned Turtle Beach headset. Note how the input sensitivity is up near the middle of the bar. Around halfway through, I unplug my headset's output (leaving the mic plugged in) and switch it for a different pair of headphones. Notice how Discord is no longer picking up erroneous input. I should note that the mic is muted on the headset through this entire video, so this output bleed has to be coming from inside the headset (or Discord, but I am not in a position to judge).

My suggestion, is to see if you can use a different pair of headphones for your audio output and either get a budget external microphone or use your existing headset as a microphone only. Doing the latter is easy if your headset has two 3.5mm jacks so you can plug in the microphone jack but not the listen/audio output jack.

If neither of those options are convenient you can try setting Discord's input sensitivity above the typical peak amount when you're listening to loud music in the background, so at least it won't trigger automatically on your music alone. You may also consider push-to-talk. Lastly, you could also turn down the background audio when chatting on Discord anyway, but I realize that isn't a solution.

Also, as some of the comments have pointed out, it's worth checking if you have everything in the correct jack and that everything is setup properly software-wise, including in Windows and for your audio driver.

If you need any clarification, let me know, but I hope this helps.

ChanceH, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Mic picking up audio output from headset. - Similar Threads - Mic picking audio

2. Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.: I've had this problem for a long while now where my mic will not pick up my voice or any form of noise, I've recently gotten a new USB Headset and found the issue persisting along with a new addition of my mic picking up any output audio playing from my pc. I've tried many...
  3. Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.: I've had this problem for a long while now where my mic will not pick up my voice or any form of noise, I've recently gotten a new USB Headset and found the issue persisting along with a new addition of my mic picking up any output audio playing from my pc. I've tried many...
  4. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  5. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  6. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Realtek mic picking up output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek mic picking up output: For some reason realtek took a liking to my output sounds and felt the need to pick it up. It's annoying especially during calls. I deactivated stereomix, switched both splitter and headset, set communication settings to mute and activated splitting on the console. My mobo is...
  8. Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio: I bought the CM MH751 headset and plugged it in as normal using the cable splitter so that the headset and mic are in their correct jacks. The audio to the headset is working correct and the mic is detected but it will not take audio input. I have done troubleshooting for...
  9. Headset Won't Pick Up Game Audio and Discord Audio/Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Won't Pick Up Game Audio and Discord Audio/Mic: I recently got a new laptop and it works great except for the fact that I can't get my Beats Studio 3 to pick up audio from both a discord call and whatever game I'm playing same goes for if I try to watch a video or play a song, I can only hear discord audio and not the...
  10. Headset Mic not picking up on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Mic not picking up on pc: I have an hp all-in-one desktop pc. My pc only picks up the built in microphone and not the microphone from my headset. The pc has one 3.5mm port and the picture that is above it is of a mic/headset combo. However, when I plug in my headset the pc only recognizes the already...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 microphone not picking up voice picks up taps

2. mic picks up headset audio

3. mic picking up computer sounds

4. mic picking up shotgun sounds from headset,
  5. headset microphone picking up sound,
  6. headset mic playing output audio,
  7. mic picks up headset,
  8. headphones mic picking up sound,
  9. windows 10 mic picking up output