Windows 10: Mic plugged in, no sound from speakers

Discus and support Mic plugged in, no sound from speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop has a port for a mic/headphone combination. When I plug in the mic, sound does not come from the speakers of my laptop. I can't find a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tgbotg, Jun 14, 2020.

1. tgbotg Win User

Mic plugged in, no sound from speakers

My laptop has a port for a mic/headphone combination. When I plug in the mic, sound does not come from the speakers of my laptop. I can't find a way to prioritize the speakers over the headphones, since they are combined in the audio settings. Is there another way to do this without any addition hardware (e.g. splitter, bluetooth speakers/headphones)? Thanks!

Audio driver is RealTek HD Audio and I just updated it.

:)

tgbotg, Jun 14, 2020

2. Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Jun 14, 2020
  3. txstoby Win User
    Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Mic plugged in, no sound from speakers

Combo headphone jack does not detect mic

Sorry. right click on speaker in systray, click on playback. The "Sound" window opens. Click on Speakers tab, likely already there, click on your headset, assuming its plugged in, click on properties. In general tab it shows jack.

I suggested through speakers as you said mic did not show up on Recording tab.

Caledon Ken, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Mic plugged in, no sound from speakers

1. Mic plugged in, no sound from speakers - Similar Threads - Mic plugged sound

2. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged: after reinstall windows 10 no speakers or headphone plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-no-speakers-or-headphone-plugged/09f9bee2-88bf-43fe-8521-66392e32e827
  3. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged: after reinstall windows 10 no speakers or headphone plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-no-speakers-or-headphone-plugged/09f9bee2-88bf-43fe-8521-66392e32e827
  4. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  6. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  7. No sound from speaker while headset is plugged in

No sound from speaker while headset is plugged in: My headset is plugged in to my front ports of my desktop computer. When i plug in the speakers in the back it registers that its plugged in but no matter what settings i have there is no sound. i have tried restarting, updating, activating and reactivating nothing works. BUT...
  8. Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'

Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in': The sound is not working and it does not even register my laptops speakers as existing, there is a red x on the volume icon on the bottom of my page. The sound does however playback when I connect a Bluetooth device and it plays back on the device just fine. When I disconnect...
  9. PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS

in Windows 10 Customization
    PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS: I am using an ASUS laptop and I am having Windows10. My problem is that when I am plugging my headphone the notification is coming that the device has been plugged in but when I am watching or listening to something the sound is coming from the speakers instead of the...
  10. sound output from onboard sound does not recognize speakers are plugged in.

sound output from onboard sound does not recognize speakers are plugged in.: Hello, I have tried everything imaginable. Meter shows sound but, no sound. It states speakers are not plugged in but, they are. I have tried various speakers as well. Please help. I use windows 10. Nforce 680i sli evga....