Windows 10: Mic problems

Discus and support Mic problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a Steel-series Arctis 3. I just got this headset and when I tried to test out the microphone on Microsoft voice recorder it sounded like I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oliver Huszczo, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Mic problems

I use a Steel-series Arctis 3.

I just got this headset and when I tried to test out the microphone on Microsoft voice recorder it sounded like I was far away from the mic but I was right next to the mic (almost eating it). I have tried other microphone devices and they have all had the same issue.

I have tried the troubleshooter, uninstalling and re-installing the device, updating the driver and I even unplugged and re plugged the cord on my motherboard but still the same issue.

:)

Oliver Huszczo, Dec 24, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Dec 24, 2018
  3. jooi312 Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

im having the same problem as well, gone through all the steps listed but still no luck unfortunately.
    If anyone finds a solution please post it up Mic problems :)

jooi312, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Aman Win User

Mic problems

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

Thema:

Mic problems

1. Mic problems - Similar Threads - Mic problems

2. mic problem. no one can hear me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mic problem. no one can hear me: mic all set but no one can hear me .all drivers already installed and updated.or all application mic access done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-problem-no-one-can-hear-me/e2d0d631-eaf8-4568-a7b0-f7e5fb484d2b
  3. mic problem. no one can hear me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mic problem. no one can hear me: mic all set but no one can hear me .all drivers already installed and updated.or all application mic access done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-problem-no-one-can-hear-me/e2d0d631-eaf8-4568-a7b0-f7e5fb484d2b
  4. Mic Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Problem: Hi,I really am unsure whats going on... I have Asus TUF506HM, Windows 10 Professional. In the past I did not have a need for the mic and camera so I turned it off in Group Policy and disabled drivers for both.I have to use it now, so I renabled the driver and shut off the...
  5. Mic Problem

Mic Problem: Hi,I really am unsure whats going on... I have Asus TUF506HM, Windows 10 Professional. In the past I did not have a need for the mic and camera so I turned it off in Group Policy and disabled drivers for both.I have to use it now, so I renabled the driver and shut off the...
  6. Mic Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Usb mic problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb mic problem: Usb microphone problemHi everyone. I recently bought an usb microphone t bone 420 and when i plug it in my laptop the windows can't see it. Another weird problem is that everytime i try to plug it the mouse stops and if i plug the mic first and the mouse second it doesnt even...
  8. Usb mic problem

Usb mic problem: Usb microphone problemHi everyone. I recently bought an usb microphone t bone 420 and when i plug it in my laptop the windows can't see it. Another weird problem is that everytime i try to plug it the mouse stops and if i plug the mic first and the mouse second it doesnt even...
  9. Mic and audio problems with Turtle Beach PX22 headset windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic and audio problems with Turtle Beach PX22 headset windows 11: Hello, I recently tried connecting my PX22 headsets to my PC as described in the official Turtle Beach page.After connecting, the mic doesn't seem to be working, as in voice recordings I've attempted the mic doesn't even pick up sound. Additionally, only the left side of the...
  10. Mic and audio problems with Turtle Beach PX22 headset windows 11

Mic and audio problems with Turtle Beach PX22 headset windows 11: Hello, I recently tried connecting my PX22 headsets to my PC as described in the official Turtle Beach page.After connecting, the mic doesn't seem to be working, as in voice recordings I've attempted the mic doesn't even pick up sound. Additionally, only the left side of the...