Windows 10: Mic quality bad after update 1903

Discus and support Mic quality bad after update 1903 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So after the 1903 update earlier this week. My laptop's built in Mic makes me sound like a robot or glitched as my friends have said to me in calls. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MariCZ, Aug 15, 2019.

1. MariCZ Win User

Mic quality bad after update 1903

So after the 1903 update earlier this week. My laptop's built in Mic makes me sound like a robot or glitched as my friends have said to me in calls. I have tried multiple methods even updating drivers and installing and uninstalling drivers but nothing is working. Maybe there's something I haven't done or maybe I didn't do it right.

:)

MariCZ, Aug 15, 2019

2. Is it possible to use a bluetooth headset mic while having High quality sound

I have a Plantronics BackBeat Sense SE bluetooth headset. When Connecting it to Windows 10, it installs two profiles in Playback devices list:

1. PLT_BBTSENSE Hands-Free.
    2. PLT_BBTSENSE Stereo.

The Second one (Stereo) is set to be the "Default Device" and the "Default Communication Device" on the system.

At this point the sound works great and normally. The problem happens when I want to use the mic. When I start any program that uses the mic (recorder, chat, VoIP Calls, gaming, etc.) The sound suddenly stops working And I can only use the mic until I stop the recorder or the call.

The thing that kind of fixes the problem is setting the (Hands-Free) as the default device. I can hear the sound when I do that and it works with the mic but it becomes Very bad quality.

What I became to understand is that bluetooth had different profiles for sound and mic: A2DP and HSP. The first handle the voice(High Quality) but the latter handles the mic and reduces the sound quality.

Is this really the case? Is there anyway to make them work simultaneously? Is there any solution to this problem at all?

onlyforthis, Aug 15, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Mic quality bad after update 1903

Game DVR Microphone Quality Isn't Good

I do usually use OBS for video recordings and whatnot, it's just that when I quickly want to record something, I use GameDVR. And I have found a way to work around the bad mic quality:

• I turn on 'listen to this device' in my mic settings
    • I turn off the mic in GameDVR, and make sure that GameDVR records all system audio
    • BOOM! Better mic quality! it doesn't ALWAYS work though..

SleepyBearZZZZ, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Mic quality bad after update 1903

1. Mic quality bad after update 1903 - Similar Threads - Mic quality bad

2. Bad video quality.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad video quality.: For a years, every time I try to play an online or downloaded video even if its 4k, the video looks washed, bad and almost pixelated. No matter where I play the video. Present in YT and all streaming websites, even when I download the video it s the same.I have tried...
  3. Sudden bad quality AirPod mic after downloading windows 10 with usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden bad quality AirPod mic after downloading windows 10 with usb: my mic was working was clear until i had to download windows 10 using an usb file. Please help, maybe i’m missing a driver or something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-bad-quality-airpod-mic-after-downloading/12be8d40-ccc8-4525-909d-8e81fc43c3eb
  4. Sudden bad quality AirPod mic after downloading windows 10 with usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden bad quality AirPod mic after downloading windows 10 with usb: my mic was working was clear until i had to download windows 10 using an usb file. Please help, maybe i’m missing a driver or something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-bad-quality-airpod-mic-after-downloading/12be8d40-ccc8-4525-909d-8e81fc43c3eb
  5. Sudden bad quality AirPod mic after downloading windows 10 with usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Bad sound quality after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad sound quality after 2004 update: I updated my windows to 2004 a few days ago because they force me to update, previously I was using 1903. I have Logitech speakers and I noticed that the sound produced by my speakers got bad after updating to 2004. Does this have something to do with the drivers? 165358
  7. Bad Quality Font

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Quality Font: Lately I have been having low quality font and I am not sure what is causing this. I have tried playing around with cleartype (which is enabled) but with little effect. I don't really want to format to resolve this issue. [img] 164068
  8. game dvr bad mic quality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    game dvr bad mic quality: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pjay1156 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ihbek5/game_dvr_bad_mic_quality/
  9. Bad video quality

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bad video quality: Hi I have an issue everytime i play one of the videos i have on my computer. The quality decreases alot and at times almost become pixelated. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-video-quality/120db195-f194-436e-97a1-68a4ba4bdd8d
  10. Bad microphone quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad microphone quality: Hello, I've just updated to the latest version of windows (1903) and now my microphone is sounding really bad. It was crystal clear before I updated and I don't know what I can do to fix this. Help would be appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1903 windows update my mic suddenly became quiet

2. windows 1903 mic suddenly stops