Windows 10: Mic quality bad after update 1903

Discus and support Mic quality bad after update 1903 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So after the 1903 update earlier this week. My laptop's built in Mic makes me sound like a robot or glitched as my friends have said to me in calls. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MariCZ, Aug 15, 2019.

1. MariCZ Win User

Mic quality bad after update 1903

So after the 1903 update earlier this week. My laptop's built in Mic makes me sound like a robot or glitched as my friends have said to me in calls. I have tried multiple methods even updating drivers and installing and uninstalling drivers but nothing is working. Maybe there's something I haven't done or maybe I didn't do it right.

:)

MariCZ, Aug 15, 2019

2. Is it possible to use a bluetooth headset mic while having High quality sound

I have a Plantronics BackBeat Sense SE bluetooth headset. When Connecting it to Windows 10, it installs two profiles in Playback devices list:

1. PLT_BBTSENSE Hands-Free.
    2. PLT_BBTSENSE Stereo.

The Second one (Stereo) is set to be the "Default Device" and the "Default Communication Device" on the system.

At this point the sound works great and normally. The problem happens when I want to use the mic. When I start any program that uses the mic (recorder, chat, VoIP Calls, gaming, etc.) The sound suddenly stops working And I can only use the mic until I stop the recorder or the call.

The thing that kind of fixes the problem is setting the (Hands-Free) as the default device. I can hear the sound when I do that and it works with the mic but it becomes Very bad quality.

What I became to understand is that bluetooth had different profiles for sound and mic: A2DP and HSP. The first handle the voice(High Quality) but the latter handles the mic and reduces the sound quality.

Is this really the case? Is there anyway to make them work simultaneously? Is there any solution to this problem at all?

onlyforthis, Aug 15, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Mic quality bad after update 1903

Game DVR Microphone Quality Isn't Good

I do usually use OBS for video recordings and whatnot, it's just that when I quickly want to record something, I use GameDVR. And I have found a way to work around the bad mic quality:

• I turn on 'listen to this device' in my mic settings
    • I turn off the mic in GameDVR, and make sure that GameDVR records all system audio
    • BOOM! Better mic quality! it doesn't ALWAYS work though..

SleepyBearZZZZ, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Mic quality bad after update 1903

1. Mic quality bad after update 1903 - Similar Threads - Mic quality bad

2. Bluetooth Audio Bad Quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Audio Bad Quality: Hello I am trying to connect my Bluetooth headset to my laptop using a BT dongle. when I plug the dongle and turn on the headset, it automatically pairs with windows but has a poor quality. I can see two different items in device manager named "headset, hands-free" and...
  3. Bad microphone quality

Bad microphone quality: Hello, I've just updated to the latest version of windows (1903) and now my microphone is sounding really bad. It was crystal clear before I updated and I don't know what I can do to fix this. Help would be appreciated....
  4. bad quality audio in videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    bad quality audio in videos: I use a mic built in the headphones. The issue appeared when I recorded a video on Minecraft, at first I didn’t hear anything. I fixed it but faced another problem. I was able to hear the audio for my microphone clearly, but the game audio is choppy. Moreover I can hear my...
  5. bad video quality

bad video quality: Some days ago.. I had a problem of blue screen error showing error code video memory management internal. I had posted & a gentle man( DaveM121)had advised me to roll back driver & I did so.. but though after that my problem was solved but now my you tube videos quality is...
  6. Unable to change mic audio quality

Unable to change mic audio quality: Hello! I've been looking around for a few days trying to figure out how to change the audio quality of mine and a friends microphone. Essentially, you just have to go to the advanced audio settings, and change the bit rate to the quality you want, hit apply and you're good...
  7. Sound quality after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound quality after updates: The sound got worse after Windows update. It is cracking and the quality doesn’t depend on the speakers or headphones. The Sound issues occur in every browser and several different music streaming services....
  8. Trash Mic Quality

Trash Mic Quality: I recently built a new pc for gaming and my snowball mic suddenly sounds horrible. I found the problem in the advanced device settings Uunder "telephone quality" when i try to change the quality to a higher setting and press apply MY SETTINGS DO NOT SAVE. ITS PROBABLY A...
  9. bad/blurry color/graphics quality after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    bad/blurry color/graphics quality after windows 10 update: hello guys,not sure if this is the right category to post in, but i am having an issue with my graphics on my pc,and this happend somewhere after a windows 10 update/intel graphics driver update, the colour in my windows is absolutely garbage, bright colours tend to blend...
  10. Bad sound quality after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad sound quality after upgrading to windows 10: Ive just taken a free windows 10 upgrade but after that I seem to be getting a poor sound quality as my laptop is connected to an external active speaker through the headphone jack and it has been working perfect before. I have a Toshiba laptop p.c with processor AMD A4-6210...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 mic suddenly stops