Windows 10: Mic quality poor

Discus and support Mic quality poor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I got a new headset a couple of days ago, the Razer Blackshark V2 Pro. I was surprised that my friends on discord told me that I sounded like I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SkarMC, Sep 10, 2021.

1. SkarMC Win User

Mic quality poor

I got a new headset a couple of days ago, the Razer Blackshark V2 Pro. I was surprised that my friends on discord told me that I sounded like I was underwater. I tried messing with synapse, windows, and discord settings, I tried changing the frequency but it was already set to DVD quality. I tried disabling synapse, and updating drivers.

:)

SkarMC, Sep 10, 2021
  2. mg992 Win User

nokia Lumia 820 mic problem

very poor quality mic on nokia Lumia 820... experiencing same problem... please give some suggestions

mg992, Sep 10, 2021
  3. Bluetooth headphones with integrated mic - Either selected as stereo headphones with good quality or headset with poor quality

Hi

Win10 64 bit

I have a pair of JVC SBT5 bluetooth headphones which have an integrated mic for mobile handsfree. I have a generic bluetooth 4.0 dongle connected and wish to use the headphones for gaming with push to talk.

The issue is that the headphones show up twice on the sound menu - once as SBT5 Stereo which plays back at high quality of 44.1kHz (where the microphone does not work and is not discoverable) and once as SBT5 Hands-Free which plays back at poor telephone
    quality of 8kHz but the microphone works, however I don't want to be gaming with horrible fuzzy quality. Presumably this is setup with the assumption that this is for office use and the maximum that users would reasonably expect.

I have just reinstalled Win 10 and updated to most recent after system corruption. I have also installed latest BIOS and audio drivers for MB.

I have tried updating bluetooth drivers but most recent was already installed.

I want to use the headphones with high quality and mic enabled. Surely there must be a way in 2017 to have both. Any suggestions?

Thanks

DominicSleightholme, Sep 10, 2021
  4. Mic quality poor

Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones

Hello Caleb,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes being made on the PC?
    3. What is the make and model of the PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run the troubleshooter for Bluetooth.

1. Go to Settings > Updates & Security > Troubleshoot.
    2. Under Find and fix other problems click on
      Bluetooth.
    3. Follow the instructions on the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Try updating the Bluetooth drivers. Refer the article to

update drivers in Windows 10

Also, you can refer the article by Bose on
    poor sound quality from a Bluetooth device
    and

optimizing audio

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

Mic quality poor

1. Mic quality poor - Similar Threads - Mic quality poor

2. Speaker Sound Quality is poor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker Sound Quality is poor: Help me! I have problem regarding my bluetooth speaker's driver, it have 2 drivers- Hands free ag audio and stereo, the problem is that I used stereo one and now even after connecting to the speaker it still show disconnected and the hands free ag audio's quality is very...
  3. Poor Mic Audio Quality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Poor Mic Audio Quality: I recently built my first PC and have had a lot of audio issues since installing Windows 10 on it. Most of them are now sorted out but one still remains. My microphone quality is horrible and unintelligible in Windows 10. I can confirm that this is an audio processing issue...
  4. Poor print quality labels

Poor print quality labels: Hello, I am getting poor print quality when I attempt to use my H-P Color Laserjet Pro M452DN printer. I am attempting to print from a pdf file that I have saved to my computer. The pdf file originated at Avery, where I made a template, which I saved to the computer. I have...
  5. Poor microphone quality

Poor microphone quality: My laptop automatically performed a system update on June 4, 2020. Ever since, my microphone quality, as reported by others, is very poor. This issue occurs for both the integrated microphone in my laptop as well as for the microphone in an external headset. I am using...
  6. Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality

Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality: I have had poor bluetooth audio quality ever since I did some updates through the HP Support Assistant. Some of those updates mentioned bluetooth drivers and I don't know if I messed something up by installing them. I've tried troubleshooting, but it comes back with...
  7. poor quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    poor quality: the other day I recorded videos and the quality was great. then I went to yesterday and suddenly the quality is terrible on my laptop but when I export the video it is good quality. I am having this issue both in the camera app and also the zoom app. when I called dell the...
  8. Poor sound quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor sound quality: I use Win 10's gaming option to just record videos only which works well however the sound is terrible crackling and distorted. I've the latest download for Conexant sound but there's still no improvement so any ideas how to solve this would be much appreciated. Thanks....
  9. Bluetooth quality poor

Bluetooth quality poor: Hiya...have windows 10 and my bluetooth quality is very broken. I see the driver is old, see attachment. I have tried updating driver through device manager but tells me the driver is up to date. Is there a way I can update this? TIA 72578
  10. Poor sound quality (Occasionnaly)

Poor sound quality (Occasionnaly): Hello Once in a while, I got very poour sound quality from Youtube, The sound look like a metallic one. I did listen to the same video on my Android tablet and the sound was normal. I tried with Chrome and Internet Explorer. Both give me the poor quality sound Sound...