Windows 10: Mic randomly cuts out

Discus and support Mic randomly cuts out in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello reddit people I have a issue where my mic will just randomly cut out and i have to disable it and re enable it in the sound control panel i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lionTLD, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Mic randomly cuts out

Hello reddit people I have a issue where my mic will just randomly cut out and i have to disable it and re enable it in the sound control panel i have tried my brothers headset same thing also have tried multiple usb ports same thingi have a hyper x cloud 2 headset mici tried my brothers logitech pro x headset too same thingi also have tried reinstalling the realtec audio drivers same thingif anyone can help me figure out this problem that would be awesome thank you.

edit: im on windows 10 version 2004

submitted by /u/lionTLD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lionTLD, Oct 5, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Oct 5, 2020
  3. mic cutting out

hey all, general mic issue question. My ATR USB mic of about 5(?) years has just started cutting out pretty bad when talking with friends. Every time I try and speak more than a word or two I've been told its been cutting out pretty hard. I've since been
    using the mic on my webcam which isn't great but works fine and doesn't cut out at all. Could the mic just be getting old? Don't wanna buy a new one if it's an internal issue lol. Thanks!

CaydenFiala, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Mic randomly cuts out

USB headset mic cuts out all of a sudden

My USB Headset has been working fine for quite some time until today when I noticed that the mic all of a sudden stopped working. The headset works fine, the mic just stops working randomly. The solution is to simply replug the headset and all works well.

However, this issue has arisen after I added an RGB lighting gaming keyboard to my setup (laptop to be more specific). My laptop has 3 USB ports. One holds my mouse, one, my cooling pad, which gives an extra port into which I plugged in my keyboard. Then I plugged in my headset into the usual port. The thing is, I ran my setup for the first time like this and the mic issue has happened for the first time as well.

Now keep in mind that all of my equipment has RBG lighting (gaming stuff), and my headset is pretty hefty (7.1 surround sound, vibration, lighting). I think that the mic cut outs could be because of the keyboard drawing significant current from the USB port. But this observation could be incorrect considering the fact that the headphones still work even with the mic cut out.

Any solutions??

YaddyVirus, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Mic randomly cuts out

1. Mic randomly cuts out - Similar Threads - Mic randomly cuts

2. My mic is cutting out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mic is cutting out: So, my microphone is cutting out in like 2-4 secs. I tryed to use my headphone mic, but it didnt work either, Could someone reply on this application and help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mic-is-cutting-out/e9194d0e-175b-4af0-ac41-4fef6af0a780
  3. My mic is cutting out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mic is cutting out: So, my microphone is cutting out in like 2-4 secs. I tryed to use my headphone mic, but it didnt work either, Could someone reply on this application and help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mic-is-cutting-out/e9194d0e-175b-4af0-ac41-4fef6af0a780
  4. My mic is cutting out

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Mic cuts in and out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic cuts in and out: Hi all,I have been trying to fix my audio problems for some time now and haven't been able to find a solution. When I have my mic plugged in, it only registers input every other second and cut in and out almost to a steady 4/4 rythym. I have tried uninstalling and re...
  6. Audio cuts out randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio cuts out randomly: Hello This problem started happening in 2 months ago. The problem is that the audio in my headsett just cuts out randomly, and does not come back on unless I disconnect and reconnect my headsett. I have tried troubleshooting, updating drivers, and restarting. Nothing has...
  7. mic cutting in and out

mic cutting in and out: this issue started today, when talking my mic would constantly cut in and out, i have tried many different things such as trouble shooting disabling and renabling the mic on different apps, trying different headphones, restarts, updated the system, clean boot, checked drivers...
  8. mic cutting in and out

mic cutting in and out: this issue started today, when talking my mic would constantly cut in and out, i have tried many different things such as trouble shooting disabling and renabling the mic on different apps, trying different headphones, restarts, updated the system, checked drivers and more...
  9. mic cutting out

mic cutting out: hey all, general mic issue question. My ATR USB mic of about 5? years has just started cutting out pretty bad when talking with friends. Every time I try and speak more than a word or two I've been told its been cutting out pretty hard. I've since been using the mic on my...
  10. Audio randomly cutting out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio randomly cutting out: Can someone help me but for some odd reason for the past couple of days I've been experiencing audio cutting out(as shown https://gyazo.com/2eebf219956e244eabed33609ed374e3 )? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my audio driver to the point where I even did a hard...