Windows 10: Mic really quiet after I reinstalled windows

Discus and support Mic really quiet after I reinstalled windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just installed windows and when I went on discord my friends couldn’t hear me I checked the mic settings in control panel and it’s all the way up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/code54crunchy, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Mic really quiet after I reinstalled windows

I just installed windows and when I went on discord my friends couldn’t hear me I checked the mic settings in control panel and it’s all the way up with the mic boost and it’s all the way up on discord too does anyone know what’s wrong? Thanks!!

submitted by /u/code54crunchy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/code54crunchy, Dec 24, 2020

2. My microphone is really quiet

HELP NEEDED

I got a new mic and it was working fine until recently, i got a new mic because of this problem, but it has come back. recently my microphone went really quiet, people can still hear me but i'm having to put my mic virtually in my mouth whilst shouting for
    them to hear me. My mic works fine on any other device like my Mac but not on my Windows 10 laptop. I have gone into sound settings and maximized the output not much change really, i've troubleshooted everything, I've reinstalled drivers, I've tried so many
    things i'm at a lose, maybe its the Audio jack problem, so i would love any suggestions.

MaxWhitehouse, Dec 24, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Seriosk Win User

Mic really quiet after I reinstalled windows

TurtleBeach headset really quiet?

I have a TurtleBeach headset that I usually use for my PS4. The mic works perfectly loud on PS4. When plugging it into my computer into the pink slot at the back of the computer it connects to pc, once its connected I try and record my voice, I have tried online, audacity, adobe audition and many other ways, I have even tried listening to the device via windows 10.

I am on windows 10, I think its a VIA headset or it said something like that in the device manager. The issue is its really quiet and you can't hear it at all.

When putting the boost up to 30 (max) you can hear it a little.

Volume is also max at 100 can anyone help?

I have tried so many things, restarting, taking out and in, trying other microphones, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, updating the drivers, so many but nothing works?

Seriosk, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Mic really quiet after I reinstalled windows

1. Mic really quiet after I reinstalled windows - Similar Threads - Mic really quiet

2. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quiet Mic: My mic is working, just when I record myself, I can barely hear. I've tried everything I can but its not working. can someone please help find another solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quiet-mic/1d6e0992-df14-49c5-b077-2ae1eadfae28
  3. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quiet Mic: My mic is working, just when I record myself, I can barely hear. I've tried everything I can but its not working. can someone please help find another solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quiet-mic/1d6e0992-df14-49c5-b077-2ae1eadfae28
  4. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mic Very Quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Very Quiet: I recently reformatted my computer, and since then I've been having mic issues. It commonly just doesn't connect to whatever voice platform I'm using teams, discord, voip in games. When it does pick up, it's very quiet. I've already turned my mic audio up in control panel,...
  6. Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%: My mic became really quiet but I don't know why I can show you screenshots if you likeThanksGunn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-really-quiet-even-though-the-mic/00466f25-b4a2-44d8-830a-7c4d27b728dd
  7. Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%: My mic became really quiet but I don't know why I can show you screenshots if you likeThanksGunn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-really-quiet-even-though-the-mic/00466f25-b4a2-44d8-830a-7c4d27b728dd
  8. Mic very quiet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic very quiet: My mic only picks up when I put it right next to my mouth and talk right into it. Is there any way you have a fix for this? I have downloaded the Realtek audio drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-very-quiet/669b0829-a4aa-4b97-9461-f3c82adc07bf
  9. Built in mic got REALLY quiet, any help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built in mic got REALLY quiet, any help?: So, I have an MSI GE75 Raider and one day I was messing with my friends on discord with a voice changer called voicemod, long story short, I realized after uninstaling it that my mic got REALLY quiet, and since its a built in mic (which I don't really know where it is...
  10. Mic sounds really tinny lack of bass and quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic sounds really tinny lack of bass and quiet: Hi, guys whenever I put my headset into my 3.5mm jack on my laptop the audio sounds really tinny lack of bass and quiet, I've tried multiple headsets but they all do the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. also, my headset is a sades sa810...