Windows 10: Mic recording abnormally quiet -- Windows 10 acting up?

Discus and support Mic recording abnormally quiet -- Windows 10 acting up? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I try to record on my laptop, my mic produces a VERY faint signal. I know it's not my equipment-- I've got a RØDE NT1, perfectly fine cables, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bogroove, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Mic recording abnormally quiet -- Windows 10 acting up?

When I try to record on my laptop, my mic produces a VERY faint signal. I know it's not my equipment-- I've got a RØDE NT1, perfectly fine cables, and my audio interface doesn’t seem to be the issue. I plugged everything into my computer, which runs Windows 7, to test my gear and was able to record loud and clear, so I'm like 99% sure it's not my equipment. How do I remedy this? I've seen other people complain about Windows 10 affecting their mic's volume as well, but I can’t find a solution.

submitted by /u/bogroove
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bogroove, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Page Hite Win User

Windows 10 has USB mic grayed out in sound/recording

I have Samson C01U USB microphone. This mic worked perfectly with Windows 8.1. Upgraded to Windows 10 and I now have issues. Device Manager says the device is working properly. The Sound/Recording tab say the mic is ready, yet it is grayed out in the recording
    device list. Another USB mic (integrated with Webcam) works fine. Comments, suggestions, advice? Better yet, solution?

Page Hite, Oct 29, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Noob Question About Mic Setup

"Ya i try the record tool i got with windows it acts like its recording any everything but i replay and there is nothing."

What are you using to play the Win10 'Voice Recorder' audio file back ? the format is m4a
    What happens when you use the Windows sound setup. R-click the volume icon in the system tray, then 'Recording Devices'. If you have a laptop mic in webcam, it will also be listed. Does the microphone appear on the list ? If so, r=-click mic and 'Configure Speech Recognition'.

mrgeek, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Mic recording abnormally quiet -- Windows 10 acting up?

Windows Phone Camera App: Recording Video with headset microphone instead of internal mic

Hello,

The phone only uses the built-in mic when recording videos on the Camera app. If you want to use an external mic when recording videos, it is best that you send this suggestion through Feedback Hub so our developers can work on it. To send a feedback on
    your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the Menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then tap the Add button
      (+) at the top right side.
    • Select Suggestion and provide the details needed in the box.
    • Select the right category and then submit.

Let us know if you have any concerns.

Michael Rey, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Mic recording abnormally quiet -- Windows 10 acting up?

1. Mic recording abnormally quiet -- Windows 10 acting up? - Similar Threads - Mic recording abnormally

2. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quiet Mic: My mic is working, just when I record myself, I can barely hear. I've tried everything I can but its not working. can someone please help find another solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quiet-mic/1d6e0992-df14-49c5-b077-2ae1eadfae28
  3. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quiet Mic: My mic is working, just when I record myself, I can barely hear. I've tried everything I can but its not working. can someone please help find another solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quiet-mic/1d6e0992-df14-49c5-b077-2ae1eadfae28
  4. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mic Suddenly Quiet on GOXLR

Mic Suddenly Quiet on GOXLR: Hello,I'm using a GOXLR and it has been working fine for months now, however, all of a sudden in the middle of a discord call my mic got super quiet and very frequently isn't picking up talking. Looking into the routing section of the app reveals that GOXLR is picking up my...
  6. Mic Very Quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Very Quiet: I recently reformatted my computer, and since then I've been having mic issues. It commonly just doesn't connect to whatever voice platform I'm using teams, discord, voip in games. When it does pick up, it's very quiet. I've already turned my mic audio up in control panel,...
  7. Mic Very Quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic Very Quiet: I recently reformatted my computer, and since then I've been having mic issues. It commonly just doesn't connect to whatever voice platform I'm using teams, discord, voip in games. When it does pick up, it's very quiet. I've already turned my mic audio up in control panel,...
  8. Mic Very Quiet

9. Mic very quiet

Mic very quiet: My mic only picks up when I put it right next to my mouth and talk right into it. Is there any way you have a fix for this? I have downloaded the Realtek audio drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-very-quiet/669b0829-a4aa-4b97-9461-f3c82adc07bf
  10. Recording devices suddenly show no green bar activity and mic is quiet

Recording devices suddenly show no green bar activity and mic is quiet: This issue started a few days ago. I can use the various headsets and microphones that I have on Discord and as long as I crank up my settings, people can hear me but say that I'm quiet. But in Windows 10 under my recording devices, ANY microphone that I plug in (4 different...