Windows 10: mic set-up

Discus and support mic set-up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The voice detection step can't hear me. Troubleshooter doesn't detect a problem, but the problem might be that Windows is convinced the jack is on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mycatmissesme, Apr 22, 2020.

1. mic set-up

The voice detection step can't hear me. Troubleshooter doesn't detect a problem, but the problem might be that Windows is convinced the jack is on the front of my computer and it isn't.

:)

mycatmissesme, Apr 22, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

mic set-up

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

mic set-up

1. mic set-up - Similar Threads - mic set

2. Mic is too loud when set to 100 in windows audio settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic is too loud when set to 100 in windows audio settings: Hello there, I have a weird issue with my audio settings, it started after I downloaded and played CoD: Black Ops II from Steam, my friends in discord noticed my sound went very loud, so I lowerd my mic volume to 45 so they can hear me normally, then I did this to fix the...
  3. Mic is too loud when set to 100 in windows audio settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic is too loud when set to 100 in windows audio settings: Hello there, I have a weird issue with my audio settings, it started after I downloaded and played CoD: Black Ops II from Steam, my friends in discord noticed my sound went very loud, so I lowerd my mic volume to 45 so they can hear me normally, then I did this to fix the...
  4. USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix?: USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-pnp-microphone-recognized-and-volume-on-mic/01e1702d-42e3-4c55-8dc5-288f0264be88
  5. USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix?: USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-pnp-microphone-recognized-and-volume-on-mic/01e1702d-42e3-4c55-8dc5-288f0264be88
  6. USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix?

7. Mic only works while having windows sound settings in the backround.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic only works while having windows sound settings in the backround.: My mic has suddenly not worked. My microphone works whenever I have the Windows sound setting program running, but as soon as I exit out of it my mic stops working.I have tried reinstalling drivers and using the troubleshooting tool. None of them works. I have also checked...
  8. Mic only works while having windows sound settings in the backround.

Mic only works while having windows sound settings in the backround.: My mic has suddenly not worked. My microphone works whenever I have the Windows sound setting program running, but as soon as I exit out of it my mic stops working.I have tried reinstalling drivers and using the troubleshooting tool. None of them works. I have also checked...
  9. My default Mic setting keeps changing when I turn on my computer in the Xbox Windows button...

My default Mic setting keeps changing when I turn on my computer in the Xbox Windows button...: I have 3 mics hooked up to my computer. A VR headset, a boom mic, and my wireless headset I turn on after I turn on my pc. The XBox window's window button + G default mic keeps switching to my VR headset where as my pc keeps it to my wireless nonVRheadset. Mind you it'll keep...
  10. My default Mic setting keeps changing when I turn on my computer in the Xbox Windows button...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My default Mic setting keeps changing when I turn on my computer in the Xbox Windows button...: I have 3 mics hooked up to my computer. A VR headset, a boom mic, and my wireless headset I turn on after I turn on my pc. The XBox window's window button + G default mic keeps switching to my VR headset where as my pc keeps it to my wireless nonVRheadset. Mind you it'll keep...