Windows 10: Mic settings crashing

Discus and support Mic settings crashing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, any plans to actually fix this? Mind you it's a crash and it's been around for years. I've spent last 15+ years coding in C/C++... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KohSammy, Jan 15, 2020.

1. KohSammy Win User

Mic settings crashing

KohSammy, Jan 15, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jan 15, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Mic settings crashing

Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Mic settings crashing

1. Mic settings crashing - Similar Threads - Mic settings crashing

2. Mic not working, Settings crash on entering any Sound options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic not working, Settings crash on entering any Sound options: Hello there,I'm facing a problem with my Desktop PC. When I started my device today, I noticed that my Mic USB is not working. On searching the problem things got weirder and weirder. Entering the "old" Control Panel Playback Device Settings is working, though trying to...
  3. Mic not working, Settings crash on entering any Sound options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic not working, Settings crash on entering any Sound options: Hello there,I'm facing a problem with my Desktop PC. When I started my device today, I noticed that my Mic USB is not working. On searching the problem things got weirder and weirder. Entering the "old" Control Panel Playback Device Settings is working, though trying to...
  4. Mic Needs to be set up to set up Mic Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Needs to be set up to set up Mic Win 11: Wanting to set up and use my wireless blutooth headset's microphone i of course tried to set up my mic. The "Get Started" button immidietly opens the speech troubleshooter and asks a question on whether cortana can hear me or vice versa. Clicking on "I cant hear Cortana"...
  5. Mic Needs to be set up to set up Mic Win 11

Mic Needs to be set up to set up Mic Win 11: Wanting to set up and use my wireless blutooth headset's microphone i of course tried to set up my mic. The "Get Started" button immidietly opens the speech troubleshooter and asks a question on whether cortana can hear me or vice versa. Clicking on "I cant hear Cortana"...
  6. Error setting up Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error setting up Mic: My mic stopped working and when I went to Settings/Speech/Microphone and clicked Get Started, I get the error below. Please advise.Error Code: 0x80004003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-setting-up-mic/35dc63bf-f1ee-44a2-82cd-2c067abd38a9
  7. Error setting up Mic

Error setting up Mic: My mic stopped working and when I went to Settings/Speech/Microphone and clicked Get Started, I get the error below. Please advise.Error Code: 0x80004003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-setting-up-mic/35dc63bf-f1ee-44a2-82cd-2c067abd38a9
  8. Mic settings won't save

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic settings won't save: My microphone is too loud. I've got a headset and I play video games where I need to use my mic. The problem is, it's always so loud. I've tried Settings > Sound > Input > Device Properties > Additional Device Properties. Then I changed it to 60% instead of 100%. It worked...
  9. mic set-up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic set-up: The voice detection step can't hear me. Troubleshooter doesn't detect a problem, but the problem might be that Windows is convinced the jack is on the front of my computer and it isn't....
  10. The "Enhancements" in the Mic settings are empty

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The "Enhancements" in the Mic settings are empty: My mic has static noise, so I wanted to enable "Noise suppression", but when I checked the enhancements in the mic settings it was empty. The same problem happened with all mics. [ATTACH] I have tried updating my Audio drivers by downloading them from the ones...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. eindows microphone settings crashing