Windows 10: Mic Sounds Distorted No Matter What I Do

Discus and support Mic Sounds Distorted No Matter What I Do in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I Am Typing This Because My Mic Sounds Distorted No Matter What Volume I Have It At, No Matter What Preamp Or Microphone I Use, No Matter What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StatikShok, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Mic Sounds Distorted No Matter What I Do

Hello I Am Typing This Because My Mic Sounds Distorted No Matter What Volume I Have It At, No Matter What Preamp Or Microphone I Use, No Matter What Quality I Have It At, No Matter How Close Or Far I Am From The Mic, I Even Tried Updating And Downgrading Windows 10 But That Didnt Work And I Know Its Not My Preamps Because When I Use The Monitors Installed In The Preamp My Mic Doesn't Sound Distorted At All Its Just When I Record And Play It Back On My Computer When I Use Any Recording Software Or Any Program That You Can Use A Mic For. The Worst Part Is That This Just Came Out Of Nowhere I Used To Never Have This Problem. I Really Could Use Some Assistance, If Theirs Any Suggestions You All Can Give Or If You All Can Say How To Repair Or Troubleshoot It I Would Really Appreciate It Because Its Really Preventing Me From Getting My Vocal Recordings To Sound The Way I Want Them To. Thanks For Your Time.

:)

StatikShok, Jan 31, 2021
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jan 31, 2021
  4. zyklon Win User

Mic Sounds Distorted No Matter What I Do

Distorted Sound

In the last couple of weeks I have upgraded my rig with a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium, and all was well until on one particular day I began experiencing distorted sound while using my headphones.

My first hunch was that the headphones had gone bad. Not an hour later, the distortion had stopped completely and the sound was working perfectly. This has happened on other two occasions, but the distortion would eventually go away after some time.

Today, the same problem occurred on my speakers and so I realized that the source of the distortion were not my peripherals. So I'm guessing its a sound card issue...the problem is that the distortion happens so randomly and without any warning that I don't have any idea what to do about it. I should also point out that the distortion also disappears on a system reboot.

Any help and suggestions please?

zyklon, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Mic Sounds Distorted No Matter What I Do

1. Mic Sounds Distorted No Matter What I Do - Similar Threads - Mic Sounds Distorted

2. No matter what microphone i use, my mic sounds muddled. how can i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No matter what microphone i use, my mic sounds muddled. how can i fix this?: Hello, a while ago, my headset microphone's quality and clarity significantly regressed. My friends from gaming and discord noticed. I figured it was because I kept dropping my headset, which was a Corsair HS80 headset. Fantastic microphone. Then, fast forward to now, I want...
  3. No matter what microphone i use, my mic sounds muddled. how can i fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No matter what microphone i use, my mic sounds muddled. how can i fix this?: Hello, a while ago, my headset microphone's quality and clarity significantly regressed. My friends from gaming and discord noticed. I figured it was because I kept dropping my headset, which was a Corsair HS80 headset. Fantastic microphone. Then, fast forward to now, I want...
  4. Bluetooth will not work no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth will not work no matter what I do.: I have tried literally everything in my power to get Bluetooth to work. It either won't detect any devices or if it DOES, it'll just say that it can't connect and go right back to being a failure. I'm losing my mind, I just want to pair my headphones to this PC that costed me...
  5. distorted sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    distorted sound: distortion comes and goes every few sentences of song verses. Under audio it just says High definition audio speakers. Can this be something I can add to change to something better? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it helps for 5 minutes then starts again. its an HP...
  6. webcam not registering no matter what i do!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    webcam not registering no matter what i do!!: please help, this is very important! my job essentially requires me to have a good webcam and i cant access it right now!i run an MSI prestige on windows 10, i never had any problems with using my usb webcam until today, i even tried two different webcams and i still get the...
  7. Mic won't work no matter what!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic won't work no matter what!: Just built a brand new PC. Here is my issue: Operating System: Win 10 Home Edition 64-bit - 21H1 Motherboard: B450M DS3H V2(rev.1.0) BIOS Version: B450M DS3H V2 F61c VGA Brand: GIGABYTE CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G Power Supply: 500W RAM: 16GB (2x8GB)...
  8. BSOD no matter what i do

BSOD no matter what i do: BSOD titles range from Kernel_security_check_failure, driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, and overran_stack Buffer. Posting one drive file link below. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqN--VqOO1f8unTcH2byidcg3twU?e=icztT4...
  9. sound not turning on no matter what

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound not turning on no matter what: sound not turning on no matter what. I even went to settings to turn on my sound on but all it said its trouble shoot an a AI try to help but it didn't help. what can I do to turn on the sound...
  10. Distorted Sounds

Distorted Sounds: My sound ever since i got a new mother board got distorted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sounds/0901ceb5-0dea-458a-867f-341aedf30649