Windows 10: Mic static when using xbox chat on Windows 10

Discus and support Mic static when using xbox chat on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using a wired mic on Windows 10 and there's static on my end when joining parties. I've gone through the settings and tried other suggestions like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Saggington, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Mic static when using xbox chat on Windows 10

I'm using a wired mic on Windows 10 and there's static on my end when joining parties. I've gone through the settings and tried other suggestions like changing the microphone's properties to studio mode. Nothing has worked so far. When using other apps like Discord or game chat there is not static. How can I fix this?

Thanks

:)

Saggington, Jun 9, 2020

2. Xbox app mic issues?

Im havinf the exact same problem! I have been for a few months.

I used to use party chat in the windows 10 xbox app all the time and suddenly all that happens when i join a party is everyone hears a unbearable loud static.

happens even with no mic plugged in. As soon as i join.

Frustrating not being able to party chat.

I tried the above suggestions and still have tge same problem.

only change to my computer are the updates it runs when available.

CarolineGoodyer, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Mic very quiet and has static when speaking on Xbox app.

I have been trying to talk to friends in a party chat on the Xbox app on Windows 10. The mic I am currently using works perfectly fine on my Xbox console and also when plugged in to my iPhone, but for some reason when I join a party on my PC, the volume
    of my voice is very low and there is a constant static. I have tried increasing the volume of my mic, increasing the boost, changing from CD quality sound to studio quality, and many other things, but nothing has fixed the problem. In fact, most attempts only
    made it worse. Does anyone know how to fix this?

blurryfaced, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Mic static when using xbox chat on Windows 10

Xbox app mic issues?

Hi Matt,

Conflicts with the audio settings is one of the possible reasons why you are having issues using the party chat feature on the Xbox app in Windows 10. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try the steps in this
    link
    to troubleshoot game audio issues on Windows 10.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Mic static when using xbox chat on Windows 10

1. Mic static when using xbox chat on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mic static using

2. Why does my mic make a static sound when I open multiple app that uses the mic?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my mic make a static sound when I open multiple app that uses the mic?: My mic makes a static sound out of nowhere especially when I open another app also using the mic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-mic-make-a-static-sound-when-i-open/677c85c3-842f-4dc0-ab68-eb3828520800
  3. Why does my mic make a static sound when I open multiple app that uses the mic?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my mic make a static sound when I open multiple app that uses the mic?: My mic makes a static sound out of nowhere especially when I open another app also using the mic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-mic-make-a-static-sound-when-i-open/677c85c3-842f-4dc0-ab68-eb3828520800
  4. Mic static and audio problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic static and audio problem: My mic has been playing static and the audio has also been playing through it. I've tried many times and other ways but still continues to be a problem.One I've seen that seems to work most, checking if "Listen to device" is on in Control Panel but it isn't. I've even tried...
  5. Mic static and audio problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic static and audio problem: My mic has been playing static and the audio has also been playing through it. I've tried many times and other ways but still continues to be a problem.One I've seen that seems to work most, checking if "Listen to device" is on in Control Panel but it isn't. I've even tried...
  6. Mic static and audio problem

7. When i use voice-chat/mic my screen is going black.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When i use voice-chat/mic my screen is going black.: When i use voice-chat/mic or something like that my screen is going black. And i need to reset my pc sometimes it happens ten times in a day or one time. But it's so boring. I tried, update drivers, reboot computer change mic nothing works....
  8. Xbox Companion App Not Passing Through Mic to Game Chat

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Companion App Not Passing Through Mic to Game Chat: Background: I'm trying to get an adequate setup to stream my Xbox to Twitch from my PC without using a physical capture card. I almost have everything I want. So far I've only been streaming COD MW and mostly been playing with friends on Xbox/PC. In this situation, we're...
  9. Xbox Console Companion App: Party Chat issue. Constant Static Sound?

Xbox Console Companion App: Party Chat issue. Constant Static Sound?: Whenever I try to get into a party with my friends on Xbox Console Companion, they tell me that they're hearing a constant "ear-rape" static sound from my end. They can still hear me talk, my mic is just constantly also broadcasting static. I've tried to find fixes on the...
  10. Mic very quiet and has static when speaking on Xbox app.

Mic very quiet and has static when speaking on Xbox app.: I have been trying to talk to friends in a party chat on the Xbox app on Windows 10. The mic I am currently using works perfectly fine on my Xbox console and also when plugged in to my iPhone, but for some reason when I join a party on my PC, the volume of my voice is very...