Windows 10: Mic stopped working after update

Discus and support Mic stopped working after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The mic stopped working in two apps after the last update. It is working in desktop apps but refuses access in some apps used for video editing. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jeysebarbosa, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Mic stopped working after update

The mic stopped working in two apps after the last update. It is working in desktop apps but refuses access in some apps used for video editing. It is impossible to turn on mic manually, I tried

:)

jeysebarbosa, Mar 25, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Mar 25, 2020
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Mar 25, 2020
  4. ABY
    aby Win User

Mic stopped working after update

Earphones Mic not working

Hi all,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop, running Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134.165. My laptop has one 3.5 mm jack where I plug my Earpods (Apple's earphones with mic) to use it as headphones and mic always works but yesterday out of nowhere it stopped working. I checked my Earpods with my iPhone and the mic would work just fine but not with the laptop.

Realtek audio driver is already installed but there's no realteks audio icon to configure or make changes. When I connect my Earpods, I can hear through them but the mic doesn't work however if I speak close to the internal mic I can see that green bar moving up which exists in Sounds>Recording.

I updated the Intel graphic driver to the latest version 2 days ago and the Mic would work fine.

Few steps which I tried to fix the issue but didn't help:

1) Tried to setup mic: No go
    2) Tried reinstalling/updating audio drivers: No go
    3) Checked Microphone privacy settings and its ON
    4) Unchecked Allow application to take exclusive control of this device: No go

Can someone help me on this?
    Thank you

Thema:

Mic stopped working after update

1. Mic stopped working after update - Similar Threads - Mic stopped working

2. mic doesnt work after win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic doesnt work after win 10 update: my mic suddenly after a windows update decided it will get output from the pc instead of me ive tried everything... NOTHING WORKED: setting the mic to default, disabling the "listen to this device", reinstalling drivers, plugging it off and on again help...
  3. After update Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After update Bluetooth stopped working: When my system was updated to 1909, Bluetoothstopped running. I reinstalled drivers with no result. Bluetooth isindicated as turned on but the Bluetooth devices are not connected and I cannot find them in the Device Manager.I ran Troubleshooter and got a message that...
  4. 3rd party Mic stopped working after update.

3rd party Mic stopped working after update.: I use a Bose Sound Comfort 3 for audio and audio in on my PC. For some reason the mic stopped working, I have gone though every available trouble shooting method I could find on google and nothing works. Background; My mic shows a clicking sound when i press the buttons...
  5. Headset Mic stops working after Windows 10 update on my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset Mic stops working after Windows 10 update on my laptop: So I have this headset, Corsair HS50, that works fine, except, when I decided to update my Windows 10 to a version higher than 1709. At the start of the year, I bought a new laptop, the Predator Helios 300 and for some reason it came with windows 10 version 1709, i didnt...
  6. Headphones stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Headphones stopped working after update: I am facing an issue with headphones after the update. They won’t work when I plug them in the headphone jack on the front panel or the speakers. Thank you in advance...
  7. After the new windows update, mic not working.

After the new windows update, mic not working.: Ok, so I usually don't update my windows, I tend to wait a long time before updating because of all the problem windows update causes, rightly so for my concern. So like last week after waiting a while I decided to update my windows to the latest version of 10. It didn't...
  8. Both Computer Mic and Headset Mic Not Working After Win. 10 Update

Both Computer Mic and Headset Mic Not Working After Win. 10 Update: There was a big Windows 10 update for my laptop last night, it took a few hours to complete. When I got up this morning to talk to a few of my friends on Skype, I realized that the microphone on my headset was not working. So, I unplugged my headset and was going to use my...
  9. Mic suddenly stopped working, tried everything...

Mic suddenly stopped working, tried everything...: Hey guys, So I put together a new PC running Windows 10 Pro around 3 months ago and everything was working perfect till 2 days ago when my mic suddenly stopped working. I use a Steelseries Siberia V2 headset and the headphones work fine, but the mic is not picking up any...
  10. built-in mic stopped working for Skype (works for Audacity)

built-in mic stopped working for Skype (works for Audacity): I had to re-install many apps and now found that while Audacity works fine with both headset and internal speakers and built-in mic, and Skype works with headset .... but the built-in mic no longer works with Skype 90600