Windows 10: Mic suddenly stopped working this Wednesday and i'm unable to find what the issue is - i've...

Discus and support Mic suddenly stopped working this Wednesday and i'm unable to find what the issue is - i've... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So this wednesday, talking with my friends on discord i jump off to get some food, then jumping back on turning on my computer. Mic stopped working. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FerdinandOSS, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Mic suddenly stopped working this Wednesday and i'm unable to find what the issue is - i've...

So this wednesday, talking with my friends on discord i jump off to get some food, then jumping back on turning on my computer. Mic stopped working. No idea why. I tried searching for rookie mistakes but there's nothing. I then proceed to reboot my pc to Tuesday. Still nothing. I buy a new mic and got it today. Still nothing has worked. I tried updating to Windows 10 and reinstalling Realtek High Definition Audio. Still god damn nothing. The only thing i've catched up so far is that it registers with a scratching sound whenever i put in/take out the cable. My headset is a Turtle Beach Elite Atlas Wired and my old one was a Corsair HS50.

Thanks for you hopeful help :

:)

FerdinandOSS, Jan 31, 2020

2. Mic suddenly stopped working, tried everything...

Hey guys,

So I put together a new PC running Windows 10 Pro around 3 months ago and everything was working perfect till 2 days ago when my mic suddenly stopped working. I use a Steelseries Siberia V2 headset and the headphones work fine, but the mic is not picking up any noise at all. I tried plugging in both the back and front ports and my realtek always detects that a mic has been plugged in, but it simply won't work. I thought maybe my mic got busted so I also tried using an A4 Tech headset that I had lying around in the office but it has the same issue, the mic won't work. I looked around online for possible solutions and tried the following with no luck:

• Ensured the mic was set as the default device and that its volume settings were maxed out.
    • Tried disabling all sound effects (noise suppression, acoustic echo cancellation etc).
    • Uninstalled all audio drivers and reinstalled the latest realtek drivers on my motherboard's webpage: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1151 - GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0)
    • Uninstalled all audio drivers and reinstalled the latest realtek drivers on realtek's own webpage: Realtek
    • Uninstalled all audio drivers and let Windows auto-install drivers.
    • I even uninstalled all realtek drivers and tried using the standard "high definition audio device drivers."

Basically tried everything in this link: Microphone Not Working in Windows 10? | Win 10 FAQ

The conclusion was the same with everything I tried, the sound worked fine in both my speakers and headphones, but the mics simply didn't work. What's strange is that it just stopped working out of nowhere. I didn't install any new software or hardware or make any changes prior to the issue. Just turned the PC on one day and boom, mics not working.

I am completely stumped now and have no idea what to try next. I've attached screenshots of what my mic settings looked like with the realtek drivers and without. Really hope someone can help me figure out what went wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Mic suddenly stopped working this Wednesday and i'm unable to find what the issue is - i've... [​IMG]

Mic suddenly stopped working this Wednesday and i'm unable to find what the issue is - i've... [​IMG]

Spikematic, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Mic suddenly stopped working Windows 10

Here is a more detailed response:

I tried everything you suggested as well as solutions in this link: How to Fix Microphone Settings in Windows 10 | Win 10 FAQ

Basically:

The conclusion was the same with everything I tried, the sound worked fine in both my speakers and headphones, but the mics simply didn't work. What's strange is that it just stopped working out of nowhere. I didn't install any new software or hardware
    or make any changes prior to the issue. Just turned the PC on one day and boom, mics not working.

Here are screenshots I took of my mic settings with the different drivers: Imgur

S A Haider, Jan 31, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Mic suddenly stopped working this Wednesday and i'm unable to find what the issue is - i've...

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Mic suddenly stopped working this Wednesday and i'm unable to find what the issue is - i've...

1. Mic suddenly stopped working this Wednesday and i'm unable to find what the issue is - i've... - Similar Threads - Mic suddenly stopped

2. My laptop keyboard suddenly stopped working and I'm currently using the on screen one, what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard suddenly stopped working and I'm currently using the on screen one, what...: Dell intel celeron N4000, windows 11The keyboard was working, after watching an episode of snowfall good series btw you should really watch it which was an hour long the keyboard stopped working. The caps button isn't even lighting up and the keyboard doesn't work on any...
  3. My laptop keyboard suddenly stopped working and I'm currently using the on screen one, what...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keyboard suddenly stopped working and I'm currently using the on screen one, what...: Dell intel celeron N4000, windows 11The keyboard was working, after watching an episode of snowfall good series btw you should really watch it which was an hour long the keyboard stopped working. The caps button isn't even lighting up and the keyboard doesn't work on any...
  4. Mic stopped working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic stopped working?: My laptop after being through years of damage will randomly shut down and then start back up again randomly, and usually it's fine. This time I was on a call with friends, and it happened, and now my microphone isn't working at all. My computer doesn't pick up any problems,...
  5. mic suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    mic suddenly stopped working: today i was playing csgo with my friends and all out of sudden my mic stopped working. it didnt turn on since. i use the camera mic on dell latitude e7470 submitted by /u/Autrozros [link] [comments]...
  6. My F4 and F8 keys mic and camera suddenly stopped working

My F4 and F8 keys mic and camera suddenly stopped working: It is as it is, they just don't work. I don't think it's the keys themselves because the other keys still work and they both stopped working at the same time. Could it be a weird setting or is it just coincidence that they stopped working at the same time?...
  7. mic stopped working

mic stopped working: The issue occurred after Windows 10 was updated. I was trying to get in touch with my friend over facebook but mic wasn’t working.I wasn’t able to turn it on in the settings...
  8. I'm working with issue of a remote access unable to connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm working with issue of a remote access unable to connect: Hello anyone who can help; I have remote access (@home) that does not consistently connect. I do not need to remote daily or even weekly, and when I try to reconnect after connecting to a public WIFI (airport) or family's WIFI I cannot reconnect to the remote site....
  9. I've had to use system restore twice since Wednesday. What can I do?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I've had to use system restore twice since Wednesday. What can I do?: Hey guys, Upgraded to Windows 10 on Wednesday, since then I've twice had to use system restore after the same thing has happened. I'm doing work, suddenly two update begin to download out of nowhere. This then renders me unable to click on the taskbar and unable to...
  10. Mic suddenly stopped working, tried everything...

Mic suddenly stopped working, tried everything...: Hey guys, So I put together a new PC running Windows 10 Pro around 3 months ago and everything was working perfect till 2 days ago when my mic suddenly stopped working. I use a Steelseries Siberia V2 headset and the headphones work fine, but the mic is not picking up any...