Windows 10: Mic test not working

Discus and support Mic test not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just recently bought a new laptop and when I plug in my earphones, I hear normally but others cant hear me. The mic test doesn't work either and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nicky Fichtmann, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Mic test not working

I just recently bought a new laptop and when I plug in my earphones, I hear normally but others cant hear me.

The mic test doesn't work either and I've tried every suggestion I found online but nothing helped.

Everything works fine when the earphones aren't plugged in and I didn't have this problem with my previous laptop so I'm stuck...

Would appreciate any help!

:)

Nicky Fichtmann, Sep 30, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Sep 30, 2020
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Mic test not working

Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Mic test not working

1. Mic test not working - Similar Threads - Mic test working

2. My mic won't work in only games, but it will on my input test?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mic won't work in only games, but it will on my input test?: I just got these new headphones, because I wanted a new nice mic. I tested it in sound settings under system, in settings. The input meter said that the volume was very loud, louder than my old headphones actually. However, in any application I use, the microphone is...
  3. My mic won't work in only games, but it will on my input test?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mic won't work in only games, but it will on my input test?: I just got these new headphones, because I wanted a new nice mic. I tested it in sound settings under system, in settings. The input meter said that the volume was very loud, louder than my old headphones actually. However, in any application I use, the microphone is...
  4. My mic won't work in only games, but it will on my input test?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mic not working

Mic not working: I have a USB Mic link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08TW12C9V The mic did work, it stopped working. My laptop is an Asus Zenbook UX325EA-AH77. I have Win10 installed and fully updated. I can attach the mic to a different laptop with Win11 and use voice recorder to...
  6. Headset mic Test

Headset mic Test: I purchased a headset Frontech model no HF-3442 which has two pins one red and one is green when i insert both the pins I can hear the sounds from the computer but my mic of the headset is detected by the computer but when i speak anything it is not able to recognise...
  7. Mic not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic not working: Hi, I just updated my Windows 10 Enterprise and my microphone started to not work. What can I do? *************************************************************************************************** [ATTACH]...
  8. when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing

when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing: when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-test-speakers-they-test-as-working-but-mic/cd14840c-fde7-434b-b6f5-13142b238e17
  9. Mic is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic is not working: Hi, My desktop has a jack in the front for the audio/mic combo and speaker jack in the back. My headset has two male parts to enter to the computer. I decided to buy a female adapter that will take in the audio and mic to plug into the singular jack in the front. For...
  10. How to test built in Mic on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to test built in Mic on Windows 10: Hi, Built in mic is not working on my lap top. I would like to find out how to fix this? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-test-built-in-mic-on-windows-10/374363a9-f003-4273-8f06-4eb997233116