Windows 10: Mic too quiet. Unable to adjust microphone level in properties.

Discus and support Mic too quiet. Unable to adjust microphone level in properties. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I could really use some help. I am using a wireless headset RIG 800HX on Windows 10 and the computer fully detects my microphone and it works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexLynch4, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Mic too quiet. Unable to adjust microphone level in properties.

Hello I could really use some help.

I am using a wireless headset RIG 800HX on Windows 10 and the computer fully detects my microphone and it works in apps and games. The only problem is that the microphone is extremely quiet and I have to yell for people to be able to just barely hear me. I've identified that the problem is that I need to adjust the microphone level in the sound control panel option. However when I access the sound control panel, go to properties of the microphone and attempt to increase the slider for the microphone nothing happens. I keep clicking and dragging the slider to increase the volume and still nothing. the slider itself will change color when my mouse hovers over it but that's all it does. I've also tried typing in a db level in the volume field to the right but I can't interact with it nothing happens. To be clear the microphone does work but whenever I run the test for the troubleshooter my volume is extremely low so Cortana doesn't provide any solutions and there haven't been any solutions online.

I would really appreciate help with this. Please don't ask me to do silly solutions like run the troubleshooter or try a different port. I've tried every solution I could come across and nothing has worked.

Mic too quiet. Unable to adjust microphone level in properties. 4028a3ac-27bf-46c7-af7f-550c5c39502f?upload=true.png

:)

AlexLynch4, Nov 2, 2020

2. Mic keeps Automatically Adjusting on Windows 10

I've done these multiple times. The apply button never unlocks itself so I can apply after I adjust my mic settings. My mic keeps muting itself. Please help me.

Pizza Steve, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Citrus Win User
    Microphone extremely quiet

So for some odd reason, microphone input is really quiet.

I'm using Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming as my board so the microphone is being plugged into that. I've tried putting microphone boost and levels to 100% but the input is still really really quiet, if you're lucky you can hear a whisper if you're shouting down the mic.

I've tested the mic on other devices like my phone and it works fine but for some odd reason my desktop isn't being nice about it.

This is darn annoying and a massive inconvenience.

Things I've tried -
    Uninstalled realtek and re-installed the latest driver
    Set microphone boost and levels to max
    Tested with 'Disable all sound effects' on and off

I'm out of luck at this point and I'm not entirely sure where to go from this. I'd love to get this fixed so some advice/help would be appreciated, thank you.

Citrus, Nov 2, 2020
  4. shivasage Win User

Mic too quiet. Unable to adjust microphone level in properties.

Microphone level adjustment has no effect

Hello all. My internal Realtek microphone is way too quiet, almost inaudible. I have the latest Realtek(R) Audio drivers. All output devices work fine. I have tried disabling and enabling the device.

I have experimented with all of the settings available in the Properties of the microphone in the Sound control panel. The only thing I've discovered is that the level adjustment, which I had set at 100, actually does nothing from 1-100. That is, at 0, the
    microphone is disabled, and when I push it to 1, it comes back on, but if I increase it beyond that, it does not get louder.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Inspiron 7490, Windows 10 Home

shivasage, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Mic too quiet. Unable to adjust microphone level in properties.

1. Mic too quiet. Unable to adjust microphone level in properties. - Similar Threads - Mic too quiet

2. Mic is too quiet on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic is too quiet on pc: My Realtek audio mic is incredibly quiet. I've checked the driver updates and there aren't any. When I turn up my microphone boost, it crackles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-too-quiet-on-pc/6cf785b0-42d7-4807-ad58-0853659ecc54
  3. Mic is too quiet on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic is too quiet on pc: My Realtek audio mic is incredibly quiet. I've checked the driver updates and there aren't any. When I turn up my microphone boost, it crackles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-too-quiet-on-pc/6cf785b0-42d7-4807-ad58-0853659ecc54
  4. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are telling me it is too quiet. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and nothing changed. My mic works good on my phone. I tried multiple headphones and earphones, but all of them are too quiet, but...
  5. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are telling me it is too quiet. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and nothing changed. My mic works good on my phone. I tried multiple headphones and earphones, but all of them are too quiet, but...
  6. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone too quiet: Hi everyone! My mic seems to be extremely quiet as others cannot hear me well. I updated all my drivers and maxed the volume and boost. Note: when I disabled enhancements, it became louder but it is still quiet. Help!...
  7. Cannot adjust mic sound level in levels tab under properties

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot adjust mic sound level in levels tab under properties: I cannot adjust the volume of my mic. I have the hyperx Cloud 2 headsets for my PC and got them new a few days ago. So i go to control panel, recording tab, right click on my headset and go to properties. On the levels tab i cannot adjust this and its stuck at 0.0dB. Id...
  8. Microphone level too quiet.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone level too quiet.: Issue: I'd like to increase the volume of my microphone. Following an update overnight the input level is too quiet. Testing it in the control panel currently gives readings of 1-3%. Steps taken so far: I increased the volume of the microphone in device manager to full,...
  9. Microphone too quiet and the level cannot be adjusted in windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone too quiet and the level cannot be adjusted in windows?: When i try to adjust the level in my windows settings of my headset microphone the level can't be pulled. since i got my new headset i have problems to talk to people because it's just too quiet. but i don't want to download a program because my pc doesn't run fluently...
  10. Microphone suddenly too quiet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone suddenly too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are describing it as being like communicating through two cans and a string. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and no dice. My mic works good on my phone. I told my dad about the issue and he...