Windows 10: Mic Trouble on a headset with working speakers

Discus and support Mic Trouble on a headset with working speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a desktop PC with a mic connected via an audio splitter but no matter what I try I can't get my mic to work despite the headset speakers working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelBaugh2, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Mic Trouble on a headset with working speakers

I have a desktop PC with a mic connected via an audio splitter but no matter what I try I can't get my mic to work despite the headset speakers working perfectly. Tried messing with realtek settings, updating driverswindows just said they are all up to date, and messing with windows settings to no avail. When I ran a trouble shoot the error in the screenshots below came up but I do not know what it means or how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated Mic Trouble on a headset with working speakers 4359de87-5bea-45c7-a7e0-15981d91c226?upload=true.jpg Mic Trouble on a headset with working speakers 8a638fce-8649-4245-8490-dfd0b4cdade8?upload=true.jpg

:)

MichaelBaugh2, Apr 27, 2020

2. Headset with mic isn't working

Hello,

My computer system uses Realtek HIgh Definition Audio software for speakers and sound. I am not having trouble getting sound out of my computer's speakers. However, my headset with mic is not working.

I cannot figure out how to fix this because I still get the two notifications (one for headphones and the other for mic) when I plug it into the jacks.

During my researching on this issue, it seems like a common problem. Yet, none of the solutions from articles and YouTube videos have worked.

• Is there a software glitch between Windows 10 and Realtek software?
    • Is there a software glitch between Windows 10's sound and audio settings and the teaching software I am using for work?
    • *Can Microsoft tech support access my computer to fix this problem?

I am quite tech savvy but this has me beat - I have been at this for two days. I need Windows 10 to work to connect to my headset with mic attached when presenting in the teaching software for work.

Any assistance will be great appreciated.

Myra Quinn, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Headset Mic Not Working

I really need some help.

I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset.

So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped.

It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore.

The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer.

I have tried multiple solutions and nothing works. Any suggestions?

John6Johnson6, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Mic Trouble on a headset with working speakers

Headset and Mic are recognized as speakers... I need them to work.

So my Headset works I have tested it multiple times but the problem is, that when I go into sound and disable speakers my headphones disable too.

My mic on the headset also doesn't work when I plug it in, it doesn't recognize it. It just automatically switches to the laptops built in mic, and I have tested 3 different mics and they all worked on my Xbox One controller, my Iphone, and my Nintendo switch.
    Whenever I plug it in, once again, it's not its own standalone device it just recognizes, and bear with me, as the speakers... ANY HELP! PLEASE?!?

ColinKroener, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Mic Trouble on a headset with working speakers

1. Mic Trouble on a headset with working speakers - Similar Threads - Mic Trouble headset

2. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Mic not working: Recently I have bought a new headset Turtle Beach 50x as my old one broke, however the microphone on it does not work. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.It is weird as before I broke my old headset, the mic worked fine and I was able to only need to use the...
  3. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic not working: Recently I have bought a new headset Turtle Beach 50x as my old one broke, however the microphone on it does not work. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.It is weird as before I broke my old headset, the mic worked fine and I was able to only need to use the...
  4. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: For the past few weeks I've been having issues with my mic and for a while I didn't have much but earlier today I discovered something. So as background my mic has broken multiple times, I thought it was my Oculus which part of it may be but then I used my Oculus and it...
  5. Headset's mic, not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset's mic, not working.: I was using my laptop normally, Until My Microphone suddenly stopped working, I checked to see if i accidentally changed the default input setting, then i saw the Microphone was entirely gone. I checked "Device Manager", The Driver was gone too. I checked the "More audio...
  6. Headset mic not working

Headset mic not working: Hello everybody!I really hope somebody can help me, as I tried everything :I recently bought a Razer Blackshark V2 X headset with a 3.5mm jack. I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop.When I plug the headset in, the audio is fine although th quality is not that great, but the mic won't...
  7. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I'm experiencing an ongoing problem with the microphone on my headset when it is plugged into the front audio jack of my desktop PC. Between troubleshooting the issue varies between the following outcomes:- No input detected at all from my mic- Input is detected but very very...
  8. Headset mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic not working: I have 2 pin microphone one is red and one is green i instered in the cpu but in input device it shows no input device found please inform what to do.. i can hear the sounds but microphone is not working...
  9. Mic not working with headset

Mic not working with headset: I got a headset but theirs a problem, the microphone wont work. So I went to the control panel and went to hardware and sounds and went to sound i saw that my microphone said not plugged in. I was very confused as my microphone was plugged into my headset. Ive tried trouble...
  10. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I really need some help. I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset. So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped. It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore. The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to use hyper x stingers on pc mic