Windows 10: Mic very quiet

Discus and support Mic very quiet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mic only picks up when I put it right next to my mouth and talk right into it. Is there any way you have a fix for this? I have downloaded the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeclanHill2, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Mic very quiet

My mic only picks up when I put it right next to my mouth and talk right into it. Is there any way you have a fix for this? I have downloaded the Realtek audio drivers.

:)

DeclanHill2, Jan 2, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Mic too quiet at full boost

I have no idea what to do. I am pretty sure all my drivers are up to date (the ones that matter, anyways), and my mic is still fairly quiet. Is there a way to boost my mic volume past 30 db in command prompt or something?

Rix Yarbrough, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Mic very quiet

Mic quiet - This is silly

I have looked through numerous posts on this site and no one has a solution. Honestly I have no idea why I expect any different results.

Anyways my Mic is too quiet, no one can hear me. They can if I yell, and I mean yell. Like the yell you got when your parents were pissed, blood vessels bursting yell. But even then it's still quiet.

That last update caused this. Before it worked fine.

I reformatted and now the problem persists.

This is obviously Microsoft's fault, have they found a fix yet?

THEMIKEBERG, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Mic very quiet

1. Mic very quiet - Similar Threads - Mic very quiet

2. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quiet Mic: My mic is working, just when I record myself, I can barely hear. I've tried everything I can but its not working. can someone please help find another solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quiet-mic/1d6e0992-df14-49c5-b077-2ae1eadfae28
  3. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quiet Mic: My mic is working, just when I record myself, I can barely hear. I've tried everything I can but its not working. can someone please help find another solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quiet-mic/1d6e0992-df14-49c5-b077-2ae1eadfae28
  4. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mic Very Quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Very Quiet: I recently reformatted my computer, and since then I've been having mic issues. It commonly just doesn't connect to whatever voice platform I'm using teams, discord, voip in games. When it does pick up, it's very quiet. I've already turned my mic audio up in control panel,...
  6. Mic Very Quiet

Mic Very Quiet: I recently reformatted my computer, and since then I've been having mic issues. It commonly just doesn't connect to whatever voice platform I'm using teams, discord, voip in games. When it does pick up, it's very quiet. I've already turned my mic audio up in control panel,...
  7. Mic Very Quiet

8. Microphone is very very quiet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone is very very quiet: I installed clownfish voice changer to have some fun with my friends and it didn’t work. I uninstalled it properly and now my microphone has gone extremely quiet. I have to essentially yell right into it to make them hear me even in the slightest. Does anyone know how to fix...
  9. Headset mic is very quiet unless it is in my mouth

Headset mic is very quiet unless it is in my mouth: I recently upgraded PCs which involved upgrading to windows 10 as well. I have found that my headset mic's volume is extremely low unless I am holding it literally in my mouth and yelling. I have tried reinstalling the realtek drivers multiple times, I have the mic volume...
  10. Mic very quiet and has static when speaking on Xbox app.

Mic very quiet and has static when speaking on Xbox app.: I have been trying to talk to friends in a party chat on the Xbox app on Windows 10. The mic I am currently using works perfectly fine on my Xbox console and also when plugged in to my iPhone, but for some reason when I join a party on my PC, the volume of my voice is very...