Windows 10: Mic volume automatically going down when using an external app to boost the gain

Discus and support Mic volume automatically going down when using an external app to boost the gain in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I downloaded Equalizer APO to boost my mic gain to 50db to annoy friends. This works seemingly fine when I try it in voice recorder but when I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/C9_Viper, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Mic volume automatically going down when using an external app to boost the gain

I downloaded Equalizer APO to boost my mic gain to 50db to annoy friends. This works seemingly fine when I try it in voice recorder but when I open chrome and try it in voice recorder the mic volume just goes down and I have to go to my control panel and put it back to 100%. Even then the mic just automatically goes down when I say anything. I don't know why it auto-adjusts but it makes me angry and I don't know whether there is a fix or not. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/C9_Viper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/C9_Viper, Feb 17, 2021

2. Boost mic volume

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that windows is unable to configure the microphone settings for your headset device.

I would suggest you to use the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Microphone Setup Wizard

• Type “Set up Mic” in Cortana’s Search box.

• Follow the instructions provided to set up your microphone.
    Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers

• Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
      This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed.
      You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.

• Select the Recording tab.

• Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.

• Select the Levels tab.

• Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
      Apply.
    Write to us with the updated information. If the issue still persists we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Mic sensitivity too low even with max boost/gain

I'm using a Szaerfa Headset Vocal Wired Microphone and, even with maximum boost/gain, the mic sensitivity is way too low. It does work, however, as, when I click my fingers into the mic, a single green bar appears. I've also unchecked the "Allow Applications
    to take exclusive control of this device" box, but it doesn't affect anything. I'm using a headphone splitter with it due to my laptop only having one audio jack, but even when the mic is in on its own, the same thing happens. Does anybody know a fix for this?
    Thanks.

Radical Larry, Feb 17, 2021
  4. zaphod77 Win User

Mic volume automatically going down when using an external app to boost the gain

Mic boost for default USB mic driver.

I have tried MANY MANY usb micrphones, and every single one that uses the default usb audio driver does NOT have a mic boost (this is pretty much every one of them).

The recording volume is often too low to record low volume stuff, even at max.

Only mics that have their own special audio driver ever actually have a mic boost.

Is there some reason that this can't be fixed? Is it something to do with the usb microphone specification?

zaphod77, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Mic volume automatically going down when using an external app to boost the gain

1. Mic volume automatically going down when using an external app to boost the gain - Similar Threads - Mic volume automatically

2. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low mic volume even with max mic boost: I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help...
  3. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low mic volume even with max mic boost: I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help...
  4. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External Mic boost can't go further than +10dB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Mic boost can't go further than +10dB: Hello I'm using Legion 5 15IMH05H and I have an issue with my microphone. I can't set my mic boost any further than +10dB. But if I use my other laptop ASUS X550V, I can set the mic boost up to +30dB. I tried many ways that are suggested on Youtube and forums, but still...
  6. External Mic boost can't go further than +10dB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Mic boost can't go further than +10dB: Hello I'm using Legion 5 15IMH05H and I have an issue with my microphone. I can't set my mic boost any further than +10dB. But if I use my other laptop ASUS X550V, I can set the mic boost up to +30dB. I tried many ways that are suggested on Youtube and forums, but still...
  7. External Mic boost can't go further than +10dB

8. EXTERNAL MIC VOLUME

in Windows 10 Customization
    EXTERNAL MIC VOLUME: HOW TO TURN VOLUME UP ON EXTERNAL MIC CMTECK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mic-volume/cb651330-bcca-4222-bfdc-2ee549fbbf64
  9. mic on full volume and mic boost but still low

mic on full volume and mic boost but still low: i have a BM 800 mic i dont have any sound card but if I put it at the highest volume I still need to get close as possible I cant stay 5 Meters away otherwise they cant hear me the youtube videos are just completely nothing nothing rlly worked on them so yeah. i need help on...
  10. mic volume automatically going up or down.

in Windows 10 Customization
    mic volume automatically going up or down.: whenever i start a game, such as CSGO, or anything else, my mic volume goes up. and i have to turn it down by going to microphone properties. how can i fix this?...