Windows 10: mic volume automatically going up or down.

Discus and support mic volume automatically going up or down. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; whenever i start a game, such as CSGO, or anything else, my mic volume goes up. and i have to turn it down by going to microphone properties. how can i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by darkcherryrose, Dec 15, 2020.

1. mic volume automatically going up or down.

whenever i start a game, such as CSGO, or anything else, my mic volume goes up. and i have to turn it down by going to microphone properties. how can i fix this?

:)

darkcherryrose, Dec 15, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Boost mic volume

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that windows is unable to configure the microphone settings for your headset device.

I would suggest you to use the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Microphone Setup Wizard

• Type “Set up Mic” in Cortana’s Search box.

• Follow the instructions provided to set up your microphone.
    Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers

• Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
      This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed.
      You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.

• Select the Recording tab.

• Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.

• Select the Levels tab.

• Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
      Apply.
    Write to us with the updated information. If the issue still persists we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 15, 2020
  4. 1Kurgan1 Win User

mic volume automatically going up or down.

Adjusting Mic Volume for different programs

Trying to figure this out here. My mic volume has been fine in TS or Skype. But I recently picked up Dxtory and my mic is quiet in there. I have mic volume set to 100 and no Mic boost. I'd rather not use boost, but today I tried it out and it worked fine. Then I realized Dxtory is connected directly to the volume for your mic in Windows. Which is no problem I figured I would just drop down TS and Skypes outbound volume and be fine. Well Skype that works fine with, but it seems I can't in TS. So I'm stuck with 2 programs (TS and Dxtory), both tied to Windows Sound Settings, but one picks up my voice fine and the other picks it up low. I can't think of a way around it, any ideas here?

1Kurgan1, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

mic volume automatically going up or down.

1. mic volume automatically going up or down. - Similar Threads - mic volume automatically

2. Volume going up and down by 1 level rapdily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume going up and down by 1 level rapdily: HiThe volume control panel won’t go away because the volume is stuck going back and forth one level eg. 100 and 98, 0 and 2, etc. I tried restarting the pc, disabling the sound driver and even reinstalling it but it didn’t do anything. I can drag the volume using my mouse to...
  3. Volume going up and down by 1 level rapdily

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume going up and down by 1 level rapdily: HiThe volume control panel won’t go away because the volume is stuck going back and forth one level eg. 100 and 98, 0 and 2, etc. I tried restarting the pc, disabling the sound driver and even reinstalling it but it didn’t do anything. I can drag the volume using my mouse to...
  4. Volume going up and down by 1 level rapdily

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Volume going down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume going down: Hello!3 days ago I noticed that when I click the "volume down" button like 3 times the sound gets lowered by 10. This is getting super annoying! Can someone please tell me how to stop this? Thanks in advance....
  6. Mic volume automatically going down when using an external app to boost the gain

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic volume automatically going down when using an external app to boost the gain: I downloaded Equalizer APO to boost my mic gain to 50db to annoy friends. This works seemingly fine when I try it in voice recorder but when I open chrome and try it in voice recorder the mic volume just goes down and I have to go to my control panel and put it back to 100%....
  7. Automatic mic volume control

Automatic mic volume control: I just got my mic the other day (Fifine T669) and I’ve been noticing that in my windows settings the volume always randomly goes up and down when I talk. When I hold my mouse over my preferred volume to prevent it from moving, I sound completely fine so idk why it’s doing...
  8. My volume automatically keeps going down to 0.

My volume automatically keeps going down to 0.: Whenever I try to raise the volume slider, it just slides down to 0.It started happening a few days ago. Can anyone pls help? submitted by /u/dubidubidoorafa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gti5aa/my_volume_automatically_keeps_going_down_to_0/
  9. Mic levels going down

Mic levels going down: [ATTACH] I got a INSIGNIA NS-PAUM50 mic for reference. My mic levels always go down if I talk in it. Usually it just decreases over a span of an hour while I'm gaming (talking loudly into mic, adjusting for volume I guess). It's kind of annoying having to exit my game...
  10. Volume Automatically Going Down During Windows Noise Events

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Automatically Going Down During Windows Noise Events: Hi everyone, Every time I open up anything that prompts windows to play a sound event, all my audio gets turned down. I've already gone to my Sound Settings, the Communications Tab, and have made it so that Windows does nothing when sound events happen, but it still happens...