Windows 10: Mic volume extremely low

Discus and support Mic volume extremely low in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i need help ASAP. I have a headset with a mic, and it works fine on my laptop, my Xbox, my phone, everything. The mic is normal volume there. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pandaparade�, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Mic volume extremely low

i need help ASAP. I have a headset with a mic, and it works fine on my laptop, my Xbox, my phone, everything. The mic is normal volume there. However, in Windows 10, it is extremely quiet, even though all my mic settings are turned to 100. Gain does not help, none of the other forums have solutions. No mic will work on Windows 10, I have to scream to get even a little volume. Please help!

:)

Pandaparade�, Nov 23, 2018
  2. CM_on_win Win User

Extremely low microphone volume after upgrade

After updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (kinda prefer 7 to be honest, but still getting used to 10), I've discovered that the input volume on my microphone - a generic old style (though not immensely old) stalk mic - is extremely low, low enough that
    software just considers it noise. I have updated my Realtek audio drivers to no effect. Driver volume and boost set to maximum. Any idea what I can do about this?

CM_on_win, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Low Mic Volume in Lumia 720

Hi....

I just bought 720 a week ago...the mic volume is very low and very noisy.,.its really frustrating

pls help me...Mic volume extremely low :(

santhoshkg, Nov 23, 2018
  4. NoahYusko Win User

Mic volume extremely low

Microphone input extremely low after windows 10

So i just upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10 and loved it but i noticed after getting in a skype call with a friend that my mic volume was extremely low, so i check the sound properties and the sound bar showed that the audio input was barely registering,
    i gave the microphone full volume and boost, did nothing, updated to latest realtek drivers, did nothing, tried my mic on my laptop with windows 7, worked perfectly. Tried many more "solutions" found online and nothing has solved this issue, i have a youtube
    channel and my microphone a necessity. As far as i can tell this is an issue with windows 10 i never have previously had this issue before on amy version of windows. Any suggestions? My mic is not a usb mic it plugs through the aux jack dedicated for the
    mic.

NoahYusko, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Mic volume extremely low

1. Mic volume extremely low - Similar Threads - Mic volume extremely

2. Low mic volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low mic volume: I have a new computer that was shipped with windows 10. The microphone worked well in windows 10, but once I updated it to windows 11 it could only pick up 6% sound and I can't be heard in meetings anymore. This is apparently a very common and persistent problem as I see...
  3. Low mic volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low mic volume: I have a new computer that was shipped with windows 10. The microphone worked well in windows 10, but once I updated it to windows 11 it could only pick up 6% sound and I can't be heard in meetings anymore. This is apparently a very common and persistent problem as I see...
  4. Microphone volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone volume extremely low: After I reset my computer due to hard disk failure. I've experience problem with my microphone. The problem is when I'm on my Teams call, my friends told me that my mic audio is extremely low. Did a test on audacity software and all of my microphone including the built-in on...
  5. Microphone volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone volume extremely low: After I reset my computer due to hard disk failure. I've experience problem with my microphone. The problem is when I'm on my Teams call, my friends told me that my mic audio is extremely low. Did a test on audacity software and all of my microphone including the built-in on...
  6. Microphone volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. W10 sound extremely low volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 sound extremely low volume: I removed and installed my MB into my wife's tower. I finally have it all setup, EXCEPT, I have extremely low volume from my external speakers connected to line out and from headphones connected to the HD Audio front panel jack. Sound is the same with or without the HD audio...
  8. Mic Volume too Low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Volume too Low: I just recently got a new headset, however this problem is not new to the headset, has just gotten worse. The microphone volume is just simply extremely low, to the point where people are maxing me out in discord and then my volume is just barely comfortable for them...
  9. Low input volume on an external mic'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low input volume on an external mic': For the last few weeks I have been useing an external mic' to make voice recordings. Everytnig has been fine. Last night, I finished, closed down, changed nothing. This morning,. the inpout volume of the external mic is about 80% less than yersterday. Why ? I have sp[ent...
  10. Mic volume extremely low - started mid-Dec 2018

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic volume extremely low - started mid-Dec 2018: I have a Gigabyte H110M-S2H motherboard with Realtek 6.1.8228 audio drivers and an external condenser microphone. I have a Nvidia 970 graphics card and Win 10 pro build 10240.17443 I was on 1803 until I did a re-install to try to fix this). It had been working fine at...