Windows 10: Mic Volume too Low

Discus and support Mic Volume too Low in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just recently got a new headset, however this problem is not new to the headset, has just gotten worse. The microphone volume is just simply... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JaiHarnas, Nov 23, 2020.

1. JaiHarnas Win User

Mic Volume too Low

I just recently got a new headset, however this problem is not new to the headset, has just gotten worse.

The microphone volume is just simply extremely low, to the point where people are maxing me out in discord and then my volume is just barely comfortable for them hearing me. The biggest problem i have is in the game "Phasmophobia" where everything is maxed out and my mic is so low that the games in game voice chat does not pick up my voice.

I have tried every suggestion i can find on the internet, from reinstalling the software, drivers, firmware, game, etc.... there is no option to boost the microphone and have tried all suggestions on how to get that back it might be because my headset is a USB connection, does this mean that it's not technically connected through my sound card?. Other than all that, i am completely lost on what to do to turn up my microphone volume and am starting to suspect that my sound card might be on its way out.

My old headset was logitech g433 and my new one is the corsair void rgb elite wireless headset.

:)

JaiHarnas, Nov 23, 2020

2. Low Mic Volume in Lumia 720

Hi....

I just bought 720 a week ago...the mic volume is very low and very noisy.,.its really frustrating

pls help me...Mic Volume too Low :(

santhoshkg, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Low input volume on an external mic'

For the last few weeks I have been useing an external mic' to make voice recordings. Everytnig has been fine.

Last night, I finished, closed down, changed nothing. This morning,. the inpout volume of the external mic is about 80% less than yersterday. Why ?

I have sp[ent the l;ast two hours going through every possible setting I can find and everything is on "max" or 100%. The trouble shooter us useless and says "no problem found". It is not an issue with the external mic'. I have tried the same with a second
    mic' and the same 80% low volume issue is still there.

It simply feels like triggering an external mic' somehow triggers an 80% lowering of the volume.

The built in mic' volume is fine, but the quality is terrible, hence the external mic'.

I suspect this is a Windows SaaS issue and is part of the reason why so called "free" stuff, like Windows, managed by MS as SaaS is shocking. I don't want MS buggering around with my laptop. I have wasted a half day so far on this issue, which should not
    be an issue.

Does anybody have a fix ? Please don't ask about updated drivers, or faulty hardware etc, I've checked all this. I have not changed anything between last night and this morning.

PilotiWaters, Nov 23, 2020
  4. 1Kurgan1 Win User

Mic Volume too Low

Adjusting Mic Volume for different programs

Trying to figure this out here. My mic volume has been fine in TS or Skype. But I recently picked up Dxtory and my mic is quiet in there. I have mic volume set to 100 and no Mic boost. I'd rather not use boost, but today I tried it out and it worked fine. Then I realized Dxtory is connected directly to the volume for your mic in Windows. Which is no problem I figured I would just drop down TS and Skypes outbound volume and be fine. Well Skype that works fine with, but it seems I can't in TS. So I'm stuck with 2 programs (TS and Dxtory), both tied to Windows Sound Settings, but one picks up my voice fine and the other picks it up low. I can't think of a way around it, any ideas here?

1Kurgan1, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Mic Volume too Low

1. Mic Volume too Low - Similar Threads - Mic Volume too

2. Low mic volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low mic volume: I have a new computer that was shipped with windows 10. The microphone worked well in windows 10, but once I updated it to windows 11 it could only pick up 6% sound and I can't be heard in meetings anymore. This is apparently a very common and persistent problem as I see...
  3. Low mic volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low mic volume: I have a new computer that was shipped with windows 10. The microphone worked well in windows 10, but once I updated it to windows 11 it could only pick up 6% sound and I can't be heard in meetings anymore. This is apparently a very common and persistent problem as I see...
  4. Headset mic too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic too low: I'm having this issue whee my mic can't recognize my voice and the volume is too low. I need to cover up my mouth and the mic together for my voice to be recognized. How can I fix this?...
  5. Headset mic too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic too low: I'm having this issue whee my mic can't recognize my voice and the volume is too low. I need to cover up my mouth and the mic together for my voice to be recognized. How can I fix this?...
  6. Headset mic too low

7. headset mic too low

headset mic too low: Lately my mic is having an issue that it cannot recognize my voice and it's really low in volume, I need to max everything and close my hands near the mouth to have my voice recognized. Having oculus removed help a lot with the issue. However, right now it's not working at...
  8. headset mic too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic too low: Lately my mic is having an issue that it cannot recognize my voice and it's really low in volume, I need to max everything and close my hands near the mouth to have my voice recognized. Having oculus removed help a lot with the issue. However, right now it's not working at...
  9. headset mic too low

10. Volume too low

Volume too low: I was listening to some music working on some homework, and I decided to take my music working out. So I plugged my earbuds into my phone, and switched my music there on Spotify. I came back about an hour later, plugged my earbuds back into my computer, and the volume was...