Windows 10: Mic will register audio, but while I'm talking it just gets quieter until it stops picking...

Discus and support Mic will register audio, but while I'm talking it just gets quieter until it stops picking... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When recording audio through my mic, it starts off recording it just fine, but it gets quieter and quieter the longer I talk. There is a constant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EPS PyroPsycho, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Mic will register audio, but while I'm talking it just gets quieter until it stops picking...

When recording audio through my mic, it starts off recording it just fine, but it gets quieter and quieter the longer I talk. There is a constant decrease in over all volume, but it will also almost completely cut out and then return. But no matter what it will always get quieter. It doesn't matter if I'm using Discord, Skype, or OBS. I have tried changing multiple settings but nothing has helped so far.

:)

EPS PyroPsycho, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Mic not registering in windows

Ok so i tried all of that and i ran it through another device and it works on the other device so im not sure now. its not picking up the mic in any of the listed fixes. It's never done this before but when i logged on this morning it just wasnt registering

AlexMcGee0, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Mic will register audio, but while I'm talking it just gets quieter until it stops picking...

nokia lumia 920 mic problem

I've also been having a mic issue for a while (four months), but all of the other discussions don't quite describe what I've experienced. I just upgraded to 8.1 hoping that would fix the issue, but it still hasn't been resolved. Here's what I'm experiencing
    (Lumia 920):

• Mic does not pick up audio input to Cortana.
    • Mic does not pick up audio input when listening for music, although it always finds the exact same song (Spaceflight).
    • People I talk to say the audio is usually muffled somewhat. It seems to be random: Sometimes they hear me better on speaker, sometimes close to mic, and sometimes the call quality seems to become worse a few seconds into the call. Sometimes cycling
      the speaker on then off makes it better.
    • Using a bluetooth headset for audio input does work fine.
    • Mic does not pick up audio recordings (like in OneNote), tested making sure both mics were clear, then covered one mic, then the other. All I hear from the recording is straight static.
    • Phone does recognize whether or not headphones are plugged in (seemed to be a recurring issue among some).
    • Interestingly, mic DOES pick up audio in recorded videos.
    Troubleshooting steps:

• Cleaned out holes on both mics.
    • Reboot phone.
    • Soft reset phone.
    • Update phone to WP 8.1 dev preview.
    The phone's over a year old, so yeah I know I'm not getting a warranty replacement or anything. I'm torn whether this is a hardware issue (because software updates don't seem to affect it) or a software issue (because there are limited circumstances where
    the issue doesn't occur). If it's a hardware issue I'll probably just get a new phone (a 930 would be sweet, but alas, I live in the US). If it's a software issue I'd like to know if there are any bug-fixing steps I can try.

Justin

Stunrunner---01, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Mic will register audio, but while I'm talking it just gets quieter until it stops picking...

1. Mic will register audio, but while I'm talking it just gets quieter until it stops picking... - Similar Threads - Mic register audio

2. Mic picking up very little audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic picking up very little audio: A few days ago I bought a mic to record a video and it's getting a really low audio. So I tried to fix something but it won't work. I'm checking the audio drivers and it doesn't show any problem and the audio bar sound is not getting up. What to do?...
  3. Mic picking up very little audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic picking up very little audio: A few days ago I bought a mic to record a video and it's getting a really low audio. So I tried to fix something but it won't work. I'm checking the audio drivers and it doesn't show any problem and the audio bar sound is not getting up. What to do?...
  4. Desktop audio picking up on my mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop audio picking up on my mic: I recently got a new laptop but I've come across an issue where my desktop audio is being picked up from my headphone mic. I've tried doing reinstalling drivers, updating drivers, updating windows, different headsets but nothing. The issue is non-existant on my laptop mic....
  5. Mic picking up very little audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic picking up very little audio: A few days ago while I was recording a video, I found out that the audio was way too low, so I tweaked some settings but nothing worked. Then I opened windows sound setting and the little mic bar thing was barely getting any audio, I reinstalled the drivers, checked the...
  6. Mic picking up very little audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic picking up very little audio: A few days ago while I was recording a video, I found out that the audio was way too low, so I tweaked some settings but nothing worked. Then I opened windows sound setting and the little mic bar thing was barely getting any audio, I reinstalled the drivers, checked the...
  7. Mic cuts off while i'm playing audio

Mic cuts off while i'm playing audio: I have been having this issue for a while, I have tried updating all the drivers for the audio devices both speakers and microphone but i keep having this issue. This happens on me on any type of online call, and if there is someone else talking or making any noise, then...
  8. Audio volume getting quieter and quieter on some applications/programs, but not others,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio volume getting quieter and quieter on some applications/programs, but not others,...: This is an absolutely bizzare one for me. Im getting per application volume dropping. or even per web page. it started with some web page video players playing their audio very quiet namely Crunchyroll my first thought was its a crunchyroll specific Issue, so I turn on...
  9. Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio: I bought the CM MH751 headset and plugged it in as normal using the cable splitter so that the headset and mic are in their correct jacks. The audio to the headset is working correct and the mic is detected but it will not take audio input. I have done troubleshooting for...
  10. Mic pick al audio input

Mic pick al audio input: I don't know why, but my mic in picking all the playback sound, even if my headphones and speakers are closed. It's acting like a speaker. I have to mention that the "Listen to this device" is't checked....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reset cortana microphone